What do you think are the saddest Disney and Pixar movies?

Re: What do you think are the saddest Disney and Pixar movie

Postby Guinydyl » Wed May 27, 2015 8:04 am

Up (start), bambi, lion king (both parents death), ts3 (dumpster scene)
3.0 is awesome!!

rank_250
Guinydyl
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Dedede_Man » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:51 am

Wreck-It Ralph had one scene for me, y'all know what I'm talkin 'bout.
Spoiler: show
The scene where Ralph has to wreck Vanellope's cart. I had genuine difficulty watching that scene. Sarah Silverman's delivery is amazing in that scene.

And, while a lot of Disney sequels are terrible (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, HUNCHBACK II), I honestly thought some were great. Two of the biggest heart-wrenching scenes, for me, at least, came from sequels.

One is in Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch.
The scene where STITCH DIES. Like, I know he got better, but... that scene was just... I can't even describe it. Everyone's reactions felt so real. Lilo being completely distraught, Nani, David and Pleakley being worried in the background and Jumba being so clearly hurt too. Really got me. I think Pleakley asking "How is this possible?", with Jumba's response of, "It's not!" is one of the happiest things I've ever heard!

The other was from The Lion King II: Simba's Pride.
Nuka's death, ESPECIALLY if you've seen the deleted scene. Unlike, Zira, who was genuinely evil, or Kovu, who was mostly good, Nuka was a much more complex character, I think. Like, he did some terrible things, but unlike the hate-driven Zira, all he really wanted was for Zira to love him like she loved Kovu. He was a really interesting look at the life of an Outlander; they still have needs and they still have loved ones. Honestly felt bad for the poor guy.
Disney Infinity needs the glory of Cory.
I love collecting stuff.

rank_250
Dedede_Man
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Steam:

Postby Fyrfytr998 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:42 pm

I hate Miley Cyrus, but the fire scene from Bolt gave me the feels.

rank_0
Fyrfytr998
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby julianhilluk » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:04 am

I with you on NeverBeast. We went with my 5 year old and literally the whole cinema was crying at the end- parents and children alike.

rank_50
julianhilluk
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby OpossumGuy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:49 am

The Fox and the Hound, man..."Goodbye May Seem Forever" literally never fails to make me cry, as someone who's done wildlife rehabilitation...

Honorable mention goes to Dumbo, Bambi, and Wreck-it Ralph. For the latter, in addition to the scene mentioned above, I also kinda bawled at

Ralph repeating the Bad Anon mantra while performing his heroic sacrifice. Just...the Iron Giant - type of feels there.

For Pixar, Up. Just...Up. That scene. You all know the one. In addition to THAT scene,

Kevin crying out in desperation to her far-off hatchlings, knowing that she's trapped, the implications of Russel's fractured family life, "I was hiding under your porch because I love you" and the Dug scene that proceeds it, "Thanks for the adventure, now go have a new one!", and the Ellie Badge...Up tore me apart on the inside...

And on a different note, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.

Peter Quill/Star Lord's guilt surrounding his mom's battle with cancer and not taking her hand, Rocket's surprisingly emotional drunken rant about the torture the animal testing involved, and the three words that brought the entire theater to tears, "We...are...Groot."

Disney likes to set off my waterworks. :lol:
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Previous

Return to Disney movies and tv