What do you think are the saddest Disney and Pixar movies?

What do you think are the saddest Disney and Pixar movies?

Postby Yorkshire22 » Thu May 21, 2015 5:33 pm

Lilo & Stitch, Up and The Fox and the Hound are the saddest that I've seen.

rank_100
Yorkshire22
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: What do you think are the saddest Disney and Pixar movie

Postby tabaer » Thu May 21, 2015 5:41 pm

For Disney it's always sad when a character dies like Bambi's mom or Mufasa. But even so I'd say Dumbo. It's more heartbreaking to see Mrs. Jumbo in captivity than it would have been for her to die.
For Pixar definitely Up. That beginning where they told Carl's story without using any words is still the most heart-wrenching scene in any movie ever made.

rank_100_ftb
tabaer
Disney ID:

Postby crazybirdman » Thu May 21, 2015 6:19 pm

Do the straight to video sequels count? It's depressing that most of those were even made. :P

I think darn near all of them have a sad moments, but overall, gotta be Fox and the Hound. Old Yeller and Bambi are sad, but you don't really know what's coming. But right off the bat you know that Todd and Copper are/should/will be enemies.

rank_250
crazybirdman
Main Console: Wii U

Postby KillingRaptor » Thu May 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Disney definitely The Fox and the Hound, that one always gets me! For Pixar... I don't know actually, the beginning of Up probably (not the rest of the movie).
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Skellington0327 » Fri May 22, 2015 4:43 am

The Fox and the Hound is definitely the saddest Disney movie overall, not much happiness happens in that movie. Pixar doesn't really have any sad movies, just movies with sad parts. WALL-E is probably the saddest for me, thinking about him being alone for 700 years makes me really sad. Plus, what the humans had become on that spaceship is pretty sad too.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BenFleischman » Fri May 22, 2015 4:53 am

Apparently Inside Out is pretty emotional...

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Postby ElvisRV » Sat May 23, 2015 2:19 am

For me Big Hero 6 is really hard to watch, and Pocahontas makes me cry because it's so beautiful and sad at the same time. For Pixar, Toy Story 3 crushed my heart, I literally cried during the entire credits and for like an hour after. And surprisingly the latest Tinker Bell movie Legend of the Neverbeast was really heartbreaking and I couldn't stop crying (almost on-par with How to Train Your Dragon 2). The saddest movie I've seen is The Amazing Spider-Man 2 :-(
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby npgcole » Sat May 23, 2015 1:56 pm

Toy Story 3, Up, Fox and the Hound, Big Hero 6 (somewhat), Monsters Inc (When they have to send Boo back seemingly for good), and Revenge of the Sith (Cuz that counts now!)
"I am one with The Force, The Force is with me."

rank_250
npgcole
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sat May 23, 2015 3:59 pm

The Fox and the Hound for sure. Don't even mention Todd and Copper to me! *lip quivers*

And definitely Toy Story 3. The biggest thing I disliked about TS3 was the tension between the characters. I would never ever ever give up my favorite toys! If you know anything about the behind the scenes history of TS1, I thought TS3 was too "edgy" and everything they didn't want TS1 to be. I'm so glad TS4 is supposed to be a comedy!

I haven't even seen Big Hero 6 yet. I've recently gone through losing 5 pets in 5 years, and it's been emotionally devastating for me. I couldn't even watch Frozen recently because parts of it make me so sad. *crying face*

Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast was really tough on me too, and I barely made it through it. Ugh. And not Disney, but HTTYD2 is the worst movie I've seen in theaters to date. Lots of emotional trauma with both of those. Gee, thanks.

I know emotional stories (especially about loss) have their time and place, but sometimes I wish Disney would just make a movie that is a fun, happy, comedy. I don't always need to bawl at the theater you guys!
Disney: Mufasa.
Me: Wahhhh!

On the opposite end of the scale, Monsters University, Cars, and Tinker Bell are three of my favorite movies! So. Much. Fun!
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Next

Return to Disney movies and tv