Cars Franchise (Planes, Shorts) Discussion

Cars Franchise (Planes, Shorts) Discussion

Postby ElvisRV » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:42 am

I couldn't find a proper Cars topic or place to discuss the new Planes series so here's a place to do it! :D I thought Planes was fantastic and I would like to hear what everyone else has to say!
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Cars Franchise (Planes, Shorts) Discussion

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:54 am

Planes hasn't been released here in the uk yet, but as fans of the Cars movies it is on our family "to watch" list. it's good to have a positive report from someone who has watched the whole movie instead of people commenting after only watching the trailers.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Agent C » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:10 am

Hey Sheriff, I took the kids to see Planes this afternoon. After reading a couple of reviews, I was not expecting very much. I have to say that I need to start reading my reviews from some other media source. Was it predictable? Somewhat. Did it borrow things from it's world on the groud, Cars? A little. Was it good? Yes. I actually enjoyed it more than I did Cars 2, and my daughter actually liked it better than the first Cars.

It is definitely worth watching, and if anyone stayed through the credits or have read D23 news, we can expect Planes: Fire and Rescue, next year. With any kind of luck, that will also bring us a Planes Infinity playset. Is it completely obsessive to sit through that whole movie thinking about what they can do for a playset?

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Adscan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:27 am

Yes, yes it is but it's a good thing. ;)

Etch
Adscan
XBL ID:

Postby ElvisRV » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:44 pm

I honestly liked it more than Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University. Despicable Me 2 was so predictable which took away my enjoyment for the movie. And MU just kinda let me down a little.
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby jdbloom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:14 pm

I was also watching this hoping for the announcement of a Planes playset. I felt great watching Monsters U knowing I could play in that locale soon.

Planes was a great movie and I am pleasantly surprised.

rank_250
jdbloom
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby SandyClaws » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:38 am

I watched it tonight. Overall I enjoyed it. I'm an aviation but so I loved that aspect and also some of thee nudges to my all time favorite move Top Gun. I don't think it quite had the magic of the first cars but that was a masterpiece. Its definitely worth seeing!
Please subscribe to us on iTunes or Stitcher Radio, and Youtube

Disney Infinity TV

Chatter
SandyClaws

Postby buckmana » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:51 am

I was hesitant about going to see it, since I've been hearing things that concern me about the DisneyVsPixar war.

But I finally decided to go see it today.

It was a pretty good movie, all things considered.
It was nice to see crossover links to Cars.

Makes me wonder if we'll ever see a Planes/Cars movie in the cinema.
It is the same world, since we see Brent Mustangburger (from Cars) appear as his Cars character in the movie.

And I smiled at the fact that John Ratzenburger made his requisite cameo appearance, even though this was not an official Pixar movie. :lol:

A concern I have is that the DisneyVsPixar war is using this movie as a major weapon.
I was watching the credits and they kept inserting these text lines (about 3 times the size of the regular text) saying how this and that is a production of the new Disney Animation division and thanking them for the movie.

That didn't sit well with me, especially considering the story was written by John Lasseter and the movie was animated with Pixar's propritery Renderman software.
It's like they're saying their animation division is better then Pixar, even when the movie is a product of the Pixar braintrust.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Current FB cover on Disney's Planes

Image Image Image

From above The World Of Cars flies Disney's Planes! On Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital HD Nov 19: http://di.sn/eLu

More details on the releases through here: Blu-ray.com
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Next

Return to Disney movies and tv