Wreck-It Ralph

Re: Wreck-It Ralph

Postby Nibelilt » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:27 pm

Perry, that sucks! :| The 3D effect looks so cool. I don't really like it when not-the-major country gets left out of little bonuses either...

SPOILERIFIC.

I've been seeing a lot of people being unsure of how they would make the supposed sequel, and I've had this idea floating around in my mind for a while.

Like I said, the box below is filled with huge bits of the ending, so I will caution everyone again, the spoiler box below contains MASSIVE STORY SPOILERS! It WILL wreck the end twist if you have not seen the movie. You have been warned!
Spoiler: show

See, I just can't see "King Turbo's dead" all wrapped up in a neat little bow. I have a somewhat simple but tricky to explain pair of theories on how I think it's possible- just possible- that he could be alive.

I'd like to disclaim that I do not treat this as official canon even though I hope to make a fanfic or comic from it one day. (I respect it if any [of probably 3, tops XD] readers do.) I'm not a lost Turbo fangirl just grasping at straws in the hope of making something plausible that I could believe to bring him back, I'm simply a fan playing around with the canon(and I've had this theory in my head for a while anyway, I've been itching to dump it somewhere the whole time).
Also, I don't recommend reading the asterisk notes at the bottom unless you want a FULL analysis, since I made so many to the point that it just became confusing*.

I will explain the much easier-to-get one first.

This first theory is very simple. King Candy just managed to respawn into Sugar Rush before Vanellope crossed the finish line. We don't know how long that it took for Felix to fix the line, and, as we've seen, characters regenerate themselves INSTANTLY. Of course, this may be moot seeing as he's altered code in the first place, which would cause coding differences making it understandable if he can't**.

Now the second theory.

You know how even though the code is reset, Vanellope's glitchy side still exists, right? Well, unless this glitchy side is part of her initial coding(which I doubt since she has a different racing kart and outfit on the machine), what's not to say that Turbo's code alterations to the basis of characters themselves still exist in the game and his alternate form is too***? I know that it sounds stupid, since the citizens' memories are all returned to normal, but like I said, Glitchy Vanellope still exists- seemingly as a separate entity****.

I think if either of these actually happened in a sequel and King Candy was a surprise sub-villain, to a new main villain, and just made a bad situation near the climax even worse by something like breaking into and messing with the game code at the wrong time(possibly giving himself a new super form)*****, it would shock a lot of people. Of course, his code could be considered a glitch like glitchy Vanellope, unable to leave Sugar Rush anyway, and is now eternally trapped there******.

* Besides this one, of course. And the fourth one.

** Alternatively, maybe he could have previously, but when he morphed with it, that one Cy-Bug could have "corrupted" his base code to the point that he just could not return.

*** Or just can't come back since he's literally a dead glitch. <On the other hand, TURBO HIMSELF could still respawn into Sugar Rush. We see a stick of dynamite EXPLODE in Fix-It Felix, Jr. in the bonus level and it's fine a little while later, which proves that it's possible SOMEHOW that you can revive out-of-game characters and their death isn't completely permanent(unless this one is a special case of coding for the game or dynamite themselves... I'm sorry that I know so few cameos :lol:).>

**** Though King Candy could have needed to be alive within the game at the same time and just unable to respawn by then. Vanellope was most definitely in the game. Perhaps since he isn't in the game naturally... Returning to it takes him longer, and it had a fatal effect this time.

***** Unless he can only change code to a very low extent now- it was probably such a long time since he did, he may have forgotten how to by now and can only change very simple values like giving himself the medal. I imagine that locking up memories or giving himself another body would be way harder than stealing a gold coin, and without anything from code alteration, he'd simply be outnumbered against everything else in the game. There's also the possibility that he just doesn't know the password any more and can't break in otherwise(even if he could reach the room with the lock, where would he get materials to do so? The junkyard is probably his best bet, and there seem to be just outdated scraps there).

****** He could have coded his persona so well that it was actually possible for him to visit Game Central Station under it(quote: "I can take over any game I that want to now!", unless [much more likely] he intended to dispose of King Candy, though that in itself could bring up paradoxes). I think that would be extremely unlikely considering that RALPH HIMSELF didn't know about this character who has been a part of the arcade for a long time. I think that he would have visited the station at least once, because even though he'd get more attention from doing so, never going there would just be suspicious.

tl;dr; King could have managed to regen himself before Boogerface (:P) reset the game, or Candy's code could still be in the game like "glitchy" Vanellope, and is hiding(because I don't know why). Also, we can conclude from this that my head is Hell
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby buckmana » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:01 am

I'm a big Wreck-It Ralph fan.

I think they're planning a sequel.

Wreck-It Ralph 2
From the limited information I got, I think Ralph gets lost in the world of mmo games.

I'm not sure how this is planned, but I think he does it by accident.
Something like he was crossing between game consoles and ends up taking a wrong turn into the internet.

I wonder if this means they can include Extreme Ezy Living 2 for the sequel?
For context, in the original treatment, when Ralph hits his all-time low, he was going to travel to Extreme Ezy Living 2, because it's a Simstyle game where nobody is evil (or regarded as such).
The story point was that this game was installed on a laptop in Mr Litwak's office, hence how an online game could be present in the arcade.

I hope we get more Vanellope though, it would be fun to have her keep playing off Ralph.
They don't exactly state it, but judging from the end of the movie and the end credits vignettes, Vanellope's glitching doesn't stop her travelling to other games now, as she's shown in several of them during the end credits.
Although the only ones I could identify were Hero's Duty and Fix-It Felix.
So, I would assume that given she can travel freely now, she would be able to follow Ralph whereever he can go.

I just hope they don't send them to World of Warcraft, that game is a horrible mmo!

Although I suspect they'll have to fabricate a bunch of them, much like they did the arcade games and the actual mmos will be cameos.

I'm also planning on getting the Ralph and Vanellope figures when they are released for Disney Infinity.
I vaguely have an idea of doing some cross-teaming, putting Ralph with Mr Incredible and Violet with Vanellope.

I'm amused by the unplanned co-incedence with Violet and Vanellope.
Their names both start with V and they have both have black hair. :roll:

It might also be interesting to have Vanellope race against Lightning McQueen.
I really hope I get the "made by Vanellope and Ralph" car as her signature vehicle, I love that car!

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby TheMinion9 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:11 pm

I'm gonna restart this topic. I've got the Blu-Ray in my hands now in UK. Oh God. I have missed this film so much. My family hates it expect me. They've got no taste in films (They liked Tangled and the other Disney Classics though)... :P
Yellowjacket for MARVEL BATTLEGROUNDS!!

rank_500
TheMinion9
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:30 pm

^ i don't understand how anyone cannot like this movie :shock:

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TheMinion9 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:51 pm

above, I know. THAT is one of the best films of all time. I NEED A 2ND ONE NOW!! :/
Yellowjacket for MARVEL BATTLEGROUNDS!!

rank_500
TheMinion9
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:33 pm

@Sherrif Woody "I know, right?" :P
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:07 am

^A guy in my class doesn't like this movie, but that's because he doesn't like animated movies in general.
He said this one was boring, but still likes to quote it.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:31 am

(I also have the books and Jubelina beanbag, but I've lent the books to someone and forgot to put her in the pic. Oops. By the way the beanbags are scented and it smells like heaven :D)

@Kyle maybe he has a soft spot for it :lol:
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv