How many people remember The Disney Afternoon?

How many people remember The Disney Afternoon?

Postby candyle73 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:13 am

So I love Pixar movies and all but I would be ecstatic if Disney pulled out some of their Disney Afternoon Cartoons for figures. I remember rushing home from school so I could watch some Darkwing Duck, Bonkers, Gargoyles! I even remember that the first episode of Darkwing aired prime time and was pretty serious. I don't think they were part of the Disney Afternoon but Tailspin and Ducktales should be included in Infinity too (besides just a Scrooge disc). So how many here remember this golden age of Disney cartoons?
Come on Disney, I know you want to announce Darkwing Duck next...

rank_250
candyle73
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: How many people remember The Disney Afternoon?

Postby kslush1 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:50 am

I loved them all! Such a good time in Disney shows. I'm pretty sure both were included in Saturday Afternoon. Ducktales is my favorite. I have all the seasons and movie on DVD.

rank_100
kslush1
Main Console: PS3

Postby KillingRaptor » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:41 am

I used too watch that show all the time back in the day! Had some great cartoons on there. Especially loved Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop, Darkwing Duck and Aladdin.
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby candyle73 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Oh I forgot about Goof Troop and the Aladdin cartoon! Those were really great too. I would definitely pick up the DVDs to any of these shows if I could find them. I think I've seen Darkwing Duck on DVD at one point. What they really need to do is add all these cartoons on Netflix. They recently had the 90s Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons on Netflix and I was actually pretty bummed a few nights ago when I couldn't find either of them anymore :(

rank_250
candyle73
PSN ID:

Postby Figment74 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:10 pm

Can I get some Gummi Bears???? Holla!!!!
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74

Postby KermitGreen82 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Yeah Gummi Bears, Duck Tales, Rescure Ranges & Tale Spin is THE original Disney Afternoon I believe. Love them all! I remember Darkwing Duck and Goof Troop came out later. I never got into Gargoyles too much but I remember that one too. Aladdin I saw mostly on the Disney Channel in reruns
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!
My favorite Disney characters are: Figment, Kermit, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Wreck It Ralph, Boo, Sully, Donald Duck, Bean Bunny, Orange Bird, Oswald

rank_50
KermitGreen82
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Figment74 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Gargoyles had like the whole cast of Star Trek TNG as Voice actors at one point or another. I'm hoping since Netflix has all this Disney Content (streaming) that we will see some of these Primetime Toons again.
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74

Postby Agent C » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:27 am

Ducktales is by far my favorite. Gargoyles came later. I have just recently started watching a little of it. It is a pretty good show. I am still more fond of Ducktales. I was pretty excited to pick up Uncle Scrooges Money Bin.i wasted like 8 spins to land it, but that's what the game is all about.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby candyle73 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:11 pm

@Agent C: Really, with your Gizmo Duck avatar I couldn't have guessed that you loved Ducktales lol. I really like how Gizmo Duck was in both Ducktales and Darkwing Duck. And a sidenote, I really need to get a Scrooge money bin now that I know it's in there. Probably the coolest thing I got so far has been the Up house (just wish it could fly).

rank_250
candyle73
PSN ID:

Next

Return to Disney movies and tv