Frozen

Re: Frozen

Postby Skellington0327 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:56 am

@omnidroid I wouldn't be surprised if that's the real ending. Whenever I've read those books, whatever happened in the books is what happens in the movie. If that's the ending, it makes me like a certain character less, unless they have a good reason for their decision, and I'm not talking about the villain.

I spoiled Transformers 3 for myself like that and I was wibble. I couldn't believe they'd release a book way before the movie came out that revealed the entire plot of the movie. I least warn me before I read it so I can choose to be spoiled or not.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby LunarDistortion » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:26 pm

^Pixar made quite a few books spoiling their films before they came out. So it is not really new for movie companies.
Remember! Reality is an illusion,the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!

rank_0
LunarDistortion
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby Skellington0327 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Yeah, I realize that now, but I didn't know it back then. The Transformers 3 book was the first one I ever decided to pick up and read because my little brother and I were really excited about the film and then the movie was spoiled for us hours before we went to watch it.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Frozen Theatrical poster :)

Walt Disney Pictures (@DisneyPictures) - Here’s the new poster for #DisneyFrozen. Anyone feeling a chill? The brand new trailer debuts in 10 days!

Exclusive: 'Frozen' poster shows winter tale

The animated movie, opening Nov. 27, also shows a thawing relationship between sisters Elsa (voiced by Idina Menzel) and Anna (Kristen Bell).

The animated Frozen will show winter in all its chilled beauty when it hits theaters this Thanksgiving.

After all, the tale is based loosely on Hans Christian Andersen's The Snow Queen, told with a modern twist and in a Nordic environment featuring many winter wonderlands.

"It's just the perfect setting for there to be snow and snowflakes, beautiful ice floes and glaciers," says Idina Menzel, who voices the role of Elsa, a woman once destined to be queen of the kingdom Arendelle in Frozen.

It also shows the warming relationships between the main characters depicted on Frozen's poster, shown exclusively here.

Elsa, in the right snowbank, is the older sister to the clumsy Anna (left snowbank, voiced by Kristen Bell).

The two fall on hard times when Elsa flees to the mountains after accidentally unveiling her powers to control ice and snow, which she has hidden throughout her life.

Her departure leaves the kingdom of Arendelle in perpetual winter and the often-overlooked Anna searching for Elsa with the help of a rugged mountain man Kristoff (far right in the snowbank, voiced by Jonathan Groff) and a magical snowman (middle, voiced by Josh Gad).

"When she was really young, Elsa found she has this power. And her parents tell her she has to hide it because she can hurt her sister and other people. She's terrified of it and she holds it in her whole life," says Menzel. "When she shows it, it all snowballs. No pun intended."

"Through the film's journey Elsa comes to learn how to harness the power and find a way to sort of accept herself for who she is," Menzel adds.

The movie also is a showcase for the two sister characters, who come to accept each other as Anna tries to convince Elsa to come back to their kingdom.

"It's also a beautiful story of sisterhood and coming to respect each other," says Menzel.

Voicing Elsa allowed the Broadway icon Menzel to sing one of the film's original songs, Let It Go. The "beautiful" song comes at the "pinnacle moment when Elsa decides to flee the kingdom," says Menzel, who performed the song live for fans at Disney's D23 showcase this summer.

Frozen also allowed Menzel to perform in her first full animated film, something that will thrill her son, Walker Nathaniel Diggs, 4, with husband Taye Diggs.

"This is totally different for me," says Menzel. "I have always wanted to be in a traditional Disney movie like this and to have a song. Also to be able to share it with my son. It's been a quite an exceptional experience."

Source: USA Today

Images

Image Image Image

Frozen stuff at Disney Store now

Image Image

Disney's Frozen

Trailer news

Jennifer Lee, co-director for Disney's Frozen (@alittlejelee) - OK. Sept 26th online. 27th for the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs audience. It's just the beginning.

Opening song for Disney's Frozen

David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby Rapunzel. » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:24 am

"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.

Postby Modeltrainman » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:56 am

Sven's his name!
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby buckmana » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:17 am

That 2nd Anna and Elsa picture is so cute!

A reindeer AND a horse, I wonder how that will play out?

I'm now wondering if you can actually ride a reindeer like a horse.
I'll have to google that and find out.
Just because animals have superficially similar shapes doesn't mean they will have the same attributes biologically.
For example, I got the impression that reindeer were more strength based then speed based (horses), which is why they traditionally pull sleighs.

I'm also wondering if we're going to have a Reindeer vs Horse scene.
It may not necessarily be aggressive, could be comical.
I'm now picturing Sven and the horse having a push/shove fight over which one Anna will ride. :lol:

And the scary snowman's name is Marshmellow?
http://blogs.disney.com/insider/articles/2013/07/11/get-to-know-the-frozen-characters/
Elsa really needs to practice being terrifying if that's the best name she could come up with for a monster. :roll:

And as an aside, does anyone know what the name of the horse is?
I couldn't find out.

Cast Spoiler
I was amused to see that the Duke of Weselton is voiced by Alan Tudyk, who was the voice of Turbo/King Candy in Wreck-It Ralph.
While not overtly malevolent in this film, he's not a nice character.
Guess Alan is always going to play a bad guy in these films!

Is there an english version of the newest trailer?
I can only find a Japanese version.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:34 pm

One week from today cool down with a brand new trailer for Frozen!

Credit: Walt Disney Pictures and Walt Disney Animation Studios

Who's ready for the 1st full trailer of Frozen?! I know all of you are! :D
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby Rapunzel. » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:34 pm

I am freaking out! Those plushies are adorable!!!!!!!! I really want the classic dolls of them, especially Anna! They look great! (P.S the classic dolls are almost more action figures then dollies, right?)
"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv