Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:30 pm

^^
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Re: Frozen

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:30 am

Any Thoughts on how long we have left until a Frozen TV Series gets announced?
Tangled's getting one and it would only make sense if Frozen got one too!
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID: MerryWndr
Disney ID: TangledSugar

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:04 pm

Could be a while as the 2nd movies only starting

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID: STMelmo
Disney ID: Elmo STM

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:29 pm

@SugarGuyWrecker I had the same thought about Frozen! LOL
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:40 am

Walt Disney Animation Studios: Short Films Collection Official art :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:52 pm

‘Frozen Ever After:’ An Exclusive Look at Disney’s Upcoming Attraction

Anna, Elsa, Kristof, Olaf and even those adorable little Snowgies are taking residence in Epcot Center next year in a new ride Disney is calling “Frozen Ever After.”

Imagineers at the company’s headquarters in California gave Speakeasy a first look at the attraction, which will replace the 27 year-old Maelstrom ride at the Norway pavilion in Epcot next year. The tour came courtesy of Imagineering creative executive Kathy Mangum, who oversees the Walt Disney World Resort. She showed off storyboards for the attraction and a virtual tour in a room called the “DISH” that utilizes 3-D images projected on the walls, ceiling and floor to simulate a ride before it is built.

“What we try to do is take you back to the movie without retelling that story,” Ms. Mangum said of “Frozen Ever After.” “This is a celebration of the characters, a way for guests who love the film to experience it in a completely different way.”

While it doesn’t feature any new songs, there are several new lyrics to existing melodies written for “Frozen Ever After” by movie composers Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson Lopez.

Maelstrom, on which visitors ride a floating log on a tour through Norwegian mythology, has been “gutted,” Ms. Mangum said, and is currently getting “a whole new overlay with ‘Frozen.’” While the logs and the path will remain the same, everything you see along the way is being replaced.

The setting for “Frozen Ever After” is the winter festival that takes place in summer, when residents of Arendelle apparently celebrate their favorite season of the year in the midst of its polar opposite.

While waiting on line, which is sure to take longer than the four-minute ride, visitors will walk by Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post. The trader with the thick accent will occassionaly clear steam on the windows to utter a hearty “yoo-hoo!” to people walking by. “We consider this scene one,” Ms. Mangum said.

Once they board their logs, “Frozen Ever After” riders will first see goofy snowman Olaf and equally goofy reindeer Sven setting up the Winter Festival premise.

Next is a stop at Troll Valley, where Grandpappy Troll tells a gathering of children the story of how Anna and Kristof met, before the log goes up a ramp to find Olaf again, singing a song while ice skating, right next to Anna and Kristof, who are singing with their friend Sven.

Behind a set of doors is the moment any visitor is sure to be waiting for: Elsa, on a balcony, singing “Let It Go” in her ice castle. It’s the centerpiece of the ride, “the big, big scene,” Ms. Mangum said, and it features elaborate effects to create simulated snow crystals soaring around the room.

Visitors will next ride by Marshmallow, the giant, formerly evil snowman from “Frozen” and his miniature Snowgie pals, who show up in the short “Frozen Fever,” which ran in front of March’s “Cinderella.”

Marshmallow himself yells “Let It Go” in time with Elsa’s song before the log travels through a mist cloud and reaches the final scene, which includes fireworks and a wave from Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Sven and Kristof.

The audio-animatronic characters will be cutting edge, Ms. Mangum said, using a new technology that includes projectors behind the faces to enable more lifelike animation. It was first used on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride that opened in Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom last year.

Disney executives and designers started discussing a “Frozen” ride before the film even came out, said chief operating officer Tom Staggs, who ran the theme park unit until February. But “our urgency grew as the film really took off,” he said, and “we purposefully set a really audacious goal to get this thing done.” That’s one of the reasons why it’s a makeover of Maelstrom, rather than an entirely new attraction that would take longer to build.

The company is counting on “Frozen Ever After” to boost the popularity of Epcot, where attendance was essentially flat between 2009 and 2013, the most recent year for which data are available, according to the Themed Entertainment Association. “Cars Land” did the same for Disney’s California Adventure theme park, which struggled before an area based on the Pixar movie opened in 2012.

Of course, some may question whether the the fictional world of Arendelle belongs in Epcot’s World Pavilion, which has always been about touring countries that actually exist, like Japan, Mexico, and Norway.

But Mr. Staggs argued that “Frozen Ever After” is sure to draw more visitors to the Norway Pavilion, and Epcot as a whole, and that the movie is in fact based significantly on Scandinavian culture, art and mythology.

“If the goal is to give people a taste of something like Scandinavia with the Norway pavilion, then ‘Frozen’ would only increase the extent to which people would be drawn to it,” he said. “To me it doesn’t seem out-of-character at all.”

Source: WSJ

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:36 am

Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection - Trailer

Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection: Frozen Fever Bonus

Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection: Frozen Fever (Clip)

Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection: Coming soon this August!

Exclusive: 'Frozen' Director Teases 'Frozen 2'

Over the weekend Fandango had a chance to attend an awesome screening featuring selected short films from the upcoming Blu-ray release of the Walt Disney Animation Studios Shorts Collection, one of which was Frozen Fever. On hand to introduce the collection was Frozen codirector Chris Buck, whom we had a chance to chat with prior to the screening.

We'll have lots more with Buck -- who revealed all sorts of fun stories about the making of Frozen and Frozen Fever -- later this month, but we also had to ask about Frozen 2 because... well, it's Frozen 2!

"We're working on the sequel right now," Buck confirmed, though currently there is no set release date. "Jen (Lee) and I are getting back in the room and we've got some cool ideas coming up." Cool ideas!

What kind of ideas??

"I can't divulge anything," Buck said with a smirk, adding, "but for us, Jen and me, it's been so fun to get back in the room and be with these characters again. These characters are part of us -- both for Jen and me. Anna, Kristoff, Elsa, Olaf -- they're all parts of our personality, so it's fun to play with these characters again and sort of see where we can go next with them. Just like any characters that you love, to see them grow and to see what happens next."

Ah, but we did get a little more of a tease of the sequel in terms of what version of Elsa we're going to see.

One additional thing Buck noted was how great it was making Frozen Fever because it allowed them to have a little more fun with Elsa. "[In Frozen] she had such a dramatic journey, and at the end she's just starting to feel like she can open up and have some fun again," Buck said. "That's what was really good about the short -- we could have fun with Elsa. And that personality... you will see in the next one."

Talk about a tease!

The Walt Disney Animation Studios Shorts Collection arrives on Blu-ray on August 18. We'll have lots more with Chris Buck later this month, so stay tuned!

Source: Fandango

‘Frozen’ Director Teases What’s To Come In The Sequel
What's next for Anna and Elsa? (And Marshmallow?!)

When Walt Disney Animation Studios announced their plans to make an official sequel to “Frozen” earlier this year, we lost our chill. (Don’t worry. Elsa later revived said chill.)

With so much anticipation and excitement surrounding the project, there’s a lot of pressure on directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee to bring one of Disney’s most beloved stories back to life for a second go. Buck, however, isn’t letting the pressure get to him. With a overall story in place, he and Lee are in the early stages of development.

“We’re just starting,” Buck told MTV News at a special screening of the Walt Disney Animation Studios Shorts Collection on Sunday (August 9). “Jen [Lee] and I are just getting back into the story room together and throwing ideas around. We have an overall idea, a concept, which I think is a very strong one. I’m very excited about doing it.”

The animator admits that it took awhile for his own “Frozen” fever to wear off after the record-breaking success of the 2013 animated flick.

“After the feature, and because of how it was received, we were all overwhelmed by the ’Frozen’ phenomenon,” Buck said. “It took us a while just to even get back into things and do the short. And it was as we were doing the short that we started thinking about the next one.”

The Arendelle gang, including Marshmallow the snow monster, most recently reunited for “Frozen Fever,” a seven-minute short that screened ahead of Disney’s live-action “Cinderella.” For Buck, it was an excellent opportunity to get the voice cast and crew back together to have a bit more fun.

“It was this idea one story artist had. What if Elsa got a cold? What would happen? What kind of havoc would come from that? And then our imaginations just started going,” Buck said. “The other idea that came up is that Elsa would want to do something for Anna because she’s missed so many birthdays. So she gets this cold, and even in the midst of it, she’s still going to make this party as perfect as she can — and nothing is going to stop her.”

“What was fun about the short, for me, was that we got to have fun with Elsa,” he said. “In the movie, Elsa went through a very dramatic character arc, and in this one, she got to lighten up. We saw a bit more of her personality. So then we started thinking about what we could do with all of these characters in another film. We had a nice happy ending at the end of the first one, but what’s next?”

What’s “next,” first and foremost, is another emotionally gripping story about two sisters because for Buck and Lee, Anna and Elsa are the heart of “Frozen.” Regardless of where their next journey takes them, at least they’ll be together.

“We have two very strong female leads in ’Frozen,” Buck said. “We will keep that going in the next one. We will tackle other issues that, I think, are out there today that boys and girls, men and women, are dealing with.”

“I think we’re very aware of what is happening in society,” he added. “I don’t think any of us take [them] lightly, even though they can be very funny and entertaining, the messages that our movies have and the influence they can have on young people. When the kids [watch] them, they watch them over and over again, and if we don’t have a decent message in there, I think we’ve missed an opportunity.”

Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection is available on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere tomorrow, August 11, and on Blu-ray on August 18.

Source: MTV

Photo credit(s): Frozen (Official FB)

Image Image

Photo credit(s): Anna (Official FB)

Image Image

Photo credit(s): Elsa (Official FB)

Image Image

Photo credit: Olaf (Official FB)

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:26 am

Introducing the Anna and Elsa Limited Edition Dolls inspired by the Disney Animated Short, Frozen Fever. Available In-Stores 11/3 & Online 11/4.

Anna and Elsa Limited Edition Frozen Dolls

Anna: Disney Store is proud to present the Limited Edition Anna Doll inspired by the Disney animated short film Frozen Fever. Magnificently designed to capture Anna’s free spirit and sunny disposition, this beautiful doll is available for the first time…ever! A charming embroidered sunflower motif adds a touch of playful detail to Anna’s skirt. Her embroidered bodice, bolero jacket and skirt sparkle with gems. Metallic threads are skillfully interwoven into her twisted, braided hairstyle. A brooch, bracelet and sculpted sunflower in Anna’s hair complete her lovely ensemble.

(Official FB of Disney Store) - Magnificently designed to capture Anna’s free spirit and sunny disposition, this Limited Edition Doll is available for the first time…ever!

Elsa: Disney Store is proud to present the Limited Edition Elsa doll inspired by the Disney animated short film Frozen Fever. Carefully crafted with exquisite details, this stunning doll wondrously captures Queen Elsa’s elegance and kindness. Her flowing cape features sparkling intricate printing, as well as embroidered flower details. Leaf embroidery and scattered gems enhance her two-tone ombre print dress. Elsa’s silken hair glimmers with gold metallic threads and is swept up in a sculpted flower-shaped hair fascinator set with gleaming gems. True to Elsa’s shinning spirit and glowing beauty, this beautiful doll is a treasured addition to any collection.

(Official FB of Disney Store) - Carefully crafted with exquisite details, this stunning Limited Edition Doll wondrously captures Queen Elsa’s elegance and kindness.

Source: Disney Store

Photo credit(s): Disney and official FB's of Frozen, Anna, Elsa, and Olaf

Image Image Image Image

Q&A: Our Six-Year-Old Correspondent Interviews the Director of 'Frozen' and 'Frozen Fever'

When Fandango was offered the chance to interview Frozen codirector Chris Buck in support of the Walt Disney Animation Studio's Shorts Collection (available on DVD/Blu-ray this week) -- featuring the brand new short Frozen Fever -- we thought who better to interview him than a Frozen-obsessed six-year-old?

You might remember our six-year-old correspondent Zoe from back when she was our five-year-old correspondent interviewing the cast of Annie. Well now she's back following several months of watching Frozen, singing Frozen, wearing Frozen and just plain old loving Frozen, so we thought we'd give her a chance to ask the director of Frozen the kinds of questions a six-year-old obsessed with Frozen would want to know.

Note: Since Zoe is still learning how to read and write, the following was transcribed by her father, our managing editor, Erik Davis.

Hi, my name is Zoe and I love Frozen. I've watched Frozen so many times that our copy of the movie broke and my parents had to go out and get a new one -- true story. I love everything about it. I love Anna, Elsa and Olaf -- and I was so excited when my dad asked me to go meet the director of Frozen, Chris Buck. He's not the only director, though -- a woman named Jennifer Lee also helped direct the movie and the two of them wrote it together, too. I just watched both Frozen and Frozen Fever -- oh my God you HAVE to watch Frozen Fever -- and I had plenty of questions.

First, we had to travel to a place called Lincoln Center in New York City. That's where Chris Buck was, and that's where they were showing a bunch of the Disney shorts in a movie theater. Here's a picture of Chris Buck introducing the shorts on a stage.

After a brief escalator ride, we finally arrived at a movie theater they call the Walter Reade Theater. After waiting for a few minutes on some comfy leather couches, Frozen director Chris Buck walked in. He was such a nice man -- he had a shirt on that was full of Olafs, and when he sat down I asked the one thing I've always wanted to know since the first time I watched Frozen...

Fandango: So how exactly did Elsa get her powers?

Chris Buck: That's a fantastic question! We didn't answer that in the movie, so that's why you want to know, huh? [Laughs] We figured in our minds that she was just born with the powers, and we're not sure how. It's just magic. I don't know if you draw or sing or paint or do any music, but if there's something that you're really good at -- something special that you can do -- then that's sort of what Elsa was born with. This very special ability that a lot of people have -- both kids and adults -- that's very unique and magical to them. So she was born with that power -- the ability to create ice and snow. Everybody has some kind of special power like that. For me it was drawing. I was always drawing as a kid, and from there I became an animator and then a director. So that was my special power.

Fandango: My favorite song from Frozen is 'Let It Go." Do you have a favorite song?

Buck: Those are tough questions because it's like picking your favorite kid. But the first time we heard "Let It Go" we knew we had something special. It was just the rough demo from Bobby (Lopez) and Kristen (Anderson-Lopez), but we knew it was going to be great. We also knew we had to revise the story a bit from what we had before because the song wouldn't play the same way. We were struggling with whether Elsa was going to be a villain or not at the time, and as soon as "Let It Go" came in we knew she couldn't be a villain.

Fandango: Wait, Elsa was going to be bad?

Buck: Yes, she was going to be redeemed at the end, but originally she was a villain. Can you believe that? And she actually froze Anna's heart on purpose! And they weren't sisters in the beginning when we first started doing the movie.

Fandango: And "Let It Go" convinced you to make her good?

Buck: Well by the time "Let It Go" came around, we had already made them sisters -- but we were struggling with how bad she was going to be. Is she a dark person? Does she have a villainous quality? And then once we heard "Let It Go," we just couldn't go there. There was none of that.

Fandango: Were there any songs you created for the movie but never used?

Buck: There was one I thought was really cute - it was called "The Heir and the Spare." You know how you have Elsa, who's the heir to the throne -- and this song was Anna talking about what it feels like to be the spare. The sister who in case something happens to the heir, she can go in and be the one in charge. But until then, it's like... who am I? What am I here for? I thought it was a very cute and sincere song.

Fandango: Were there any scenes or characters you wanted to put in Frozen, but never got a chance to?

Buck: Characters, no. We fit everyone in who we wanted in there. But we did want to have a better introduction for Kristoff. We originally had an introduction where we met Kristoff up in the mountains, climbing the mountain -- showing how good he is as an outdoorsman -- and he has this rope attached to him. Once he's at the top, he starts pulling on this rope and -- whaddya know -- he has Sven tied to the rope! So that's how you met Sven and Kristoff.

Fandango: When did you decide to make the short film Frozen Fever?

Buck: We started work on the short last June, and the movie came out the previous November. Basically people wanted to see more Frozen. We wanted to do this one for the fans. Plus it was nice to show what was next for Anna and Elsa -- their relationship after the movie.

Fandango: Where did the idea come from?

Buck: Well the idea was to have fun with these characters. They went through a lot in the feature, and so we wanted to give them a break. The first was to have a lot of fun, and we pitched a bunch of ideas -- the first ones were more Olaf-centric -- and then one of the story artists came up with this idea of Elsa getting a cold. We thought that was cool because... what would happen?

Fandango: What happens is when she sneezes, she creates these little snowmen!

Buck: Yes, we call them the Snowgies! They're cute little guys. Originally they were all going to be little Olafs, but Olaf is so unique -- and we didn't want to give all these guys Olaf's voice -- so we just made them very simple versions of Olaf. They don't have arms; they're just these cute little things who get into mischief.

Fandango: In Frozen Fever, there's also a part where Elsa fixes up her dress and Anna's dress. But how does she do that without turning them into ice?

Buck: This is a very good question! Everyone at the studio asks us these questions, too! When Elsa changes her dress, she brings over some flowers from a vase and then freezes them. Once she freezes them, they become part of her new dress. She can affect the temperature in the air with her powers, so she can also affect the temperature of a color -- so she's able to change the color of a dress, too.

Fandango: When do I get to see Frozen 2??

Buck: [Laughs] Well we're working on the sequel now. Jennifer [Lee] and I are working on some cool ideas -- some very cool ideas. I can't divulge anything yet, but I know for us it's been so much fun getting back in the room and being with these characters again. They are truly a part of us. It's fun to play with them again and see where we can go next. [We talked a little more about Frozen 2, and you can read that here.]

Fandango: And there's going to be a Frozen musical too?

Buck: Yes, Jen [Lee] is writing the book for that, and Robert and Kristen are writing new songs. I don't know when it's coming out, but I'll check in every now and then to see where they're at with it.

After our interview, Chris Buck was kind enough to show me how to draw Olaf! Look, you can see him drawing Olaf below. This version of Olaf was closer to the first version of what he looked like, he told me.

And here's the finished drawing that now hangs on my bedroom wall.

I hope you liked my interview with Frozen director Chris Buck -- thanks for reading! And make sure you pick up Walt Disney Animation Studio's Shorts Collection. They have some really great short movies, like my favorites Feast and Tangled Ever After. And of course, Frozen Fever!

Source: Fandango

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:20 am

Big Movies, Only Shorter: Producer Aimee Scribner Talks Frozen Fever and Tangled Ever After

This week Walt Disney Animation Studios Short Films Collection comes out on Blu-ray, Digital HD, and Disney Movies Anywhere. It’s a wonderful collection of the studio’s recent efforts in the short film format, beginning with 2000’s “John Henry” (directed by legendary Disney animator Mark Henn) and continuing through to this year’s “Frozen Fever” (which appeared before the live-action Cinderella). These shorts offer boundless creativity in a truncated running time, and the disc does a great job of offering filmmaker introductions and additional bonus features.

We were lucky enough to chat with Aimee Scribner, who worked on both Tangled and Frozen, as well as their short film counterparts: “Tangled Ever After” and “Frozen Fever.” She talked us through the process of converting a giant feature film into an adorable little nugget, how much involvement she has in the various Frozen off-shoots (including the EPCOT ride and the sequel) and what it feels like to know that the film you’ve worked on can live beyond a single feature.

You worked on the feature versions of each of these films and also on the shorts. Can you talk about that process?

Absolutely. When you make these films, you fall in love with the characters and you form such a deep bond with the artists and filmmakers. And then your movie goes off into the world. So doing these shorts, for me, is like a family reunion, for both Tangled and Frozen. To go back to the characters and extend the storytelling, for both of these, is a labor of love for me.

These are both unique in the sense that a lot of these spin-off shorts immediately appear on the home video release, but both “Tangled Ever After” and “Frozen Fever” happened way later. When did you start thinking about these shorts?

They’re all unique in how they get created. We have some shorts that are about technologic innovation, some are about storytelling innovation, or a new filmmaker wanting to tell their story and giving them a shot at the director’s chair. With Tangled and Frozen I think it was much more about wanting to give our audience another little chapter in the storytelling.

“Frozen Fever,” is unique in how it’s built around a single new song. Was that always the jumping off point?

Well, we knew that we wanted to spend some time in the girls now that they’re connected again. We knew we wanted to have some fun with Elsa. We came upon the idea of Anna’s birthday and Elsa wanted to create the perfect day and we knew we wanted another song with Bobby and Kristen Lopez. So I think all of those converged. It wasn’t like the song drove the story specifically. It was really a collaborative effort between story and Bobby and Kristen. And the idea of Elsa having an idea and sneezing and the Snowgies was just an amazing moment in the story room. I’ll never forget the first drawing in the story room; it was so charming and so cute. The idea of the string and how Anna finds her presents comes out of director Chris Buck’s life. He and his wife would do that for their boys on a holiday and painstakingly take the string and tie it to the presents and weave it inside and outside. That’s how they discovered their gifts. That came out of Chris Buck’s life.

The response to “Frozen Fever” has been incredible. I see little girls in Disneyland wearing the dresses.

Oh yes! The new dresses! That was great because the costumes really are about the storytelling and that was so much fun for our art director and entire art department to think about new dresses for the girls.

Frozen is going to continue with the Epcot ride and the sequel. What kind of relationship do you have with this property now?

I’m hugely involved in everything Frozen. I know for a lot of us that we never stopped working on the film because there’s been so much interest and we feel so passionate about protecting our characters and our world and our storytelling. So yes, I’m intimately involved in the Frozen Epcot ride as well. There’s so much Frozen and we just want to take care of the property and that we engage our audience in the sequel in a way that we don’t let them down.

Is continuing with Frozen something that you’re excited about?

I am so in love with these characters and this world, so all of the things are interesting to me. Whether it’s the stage show or the theme parks; I just want to make sure they’re cared for.

Source: Disney Insider

FIRST LOOK: ‘Frozen Fever’ Pop! by Funko, Now Available for Pre-Order

Funko has announced it will be releasing new Pop! vinyl figures in honor of the Walt Disney Animation Short Frozen Fever, which is expected to ship to resellers in September.

The new figures, which feature Anna and Elsa alongside snowgies is already available for pre-order from some vendors such as Entertainment Earth.

Source: Stitch Kingdom

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv