Frozen

Re: Frozen

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Get the Story Behind the New Mini-Snowmen in 'Frozen Fever' (Exclusive Poster and Interview)

You’ll probably recognize most of the characters in this exclusive poster for Disney’s new animated short Frozen Fever that’s playing ahead of Cinderella starting on Friday. But Frozen favorites Elsa, Anna, and Olaf are joined by some new personalities you’re going to want to get to know: Those tiny snowmen at the bottom called “snowgies.”

Frozen Fever is the highly anticipated sequel-of-sorts to Disney’s massive 2013 Oscar-winning hit that’s now the highest-grossing animated movie of all time. Fever picks up with our Frozen family as snow queen Elsa plans a surprise birthday party for her spirited sis Anna. The only hitch in their plans? Enchanted Elsa has a cold, and when she sneezes, out pops the snowgies. The characters started out as “mini Olafs,”explains Fever producer Peter Del Vecho. “We realized we wanted Olaf to remain pure, so quickly it evolved into these fun little snowballs we call ‘snowgies’ that bring a lot of mischief and fun to the short.”

For the Fever team, the Frozen phenomenon has never quite stopped. They went straight to work on the short film during Frozen'sworldwide release. “The movie finished opening in Japan in March [2014], and suddenly we’re back in it with the short,” says Del Vecho. “It’s really hard for us to try to define it,” says co-director Chris Buck. “It’s just as much of a surprise, in a good way, to us as it is to everyone. It just keeps going and going.”

The whole short almost centered on the summer-lovin’ snowman Olaf until the filmmaking team — including original Frozen director Jennifer Lee — hit on the idea of magical sniffles. “We could see some different opportunities for some fun and that just got all of us going,” Buck tells Yahoo Movies. From there, they added Anna’s birthday celebration as the emotional heart of the story. “Elsa’s never really been able to throw a party for Anna. They were apart most of their growing up,” he says.

Once the script was in place, getting the gang —including Kristen Bell as Anna and Josh Gad as Olaf — back into the recording booth to revisit their roles was mostly easy, except for some special scheduling around Idina Menzel (Elsa) and her Broadway obligations for the musical If/Then. “Everyone was still riding the high of the movie and couldn’t wait to get back,” says Del Vecho.

Lucky for the filmmakers, Bell was pregnant again during recording just as she was during the first movie. “Her voice actually changes when she’s pregnant,” Buck says, referencing the fact that Bell had to re-record certain lines for the first installment. He jokes, “If we do another Frozen, she’s just going to have to have another baby. No pressure.”

Both Buck and Del Vecho echo co-director Lee’s recent statements, confirming there are no plans yet for a feature-length sequel to Frozen. Fans can still look forward to the Broadway version in 2017 with a handful of new songs. “You need to musicalize a lot of the moments that were in the film because you don’t have the epic nature of cinematography,” says Del Vecho. And then there’s always the endless stream of fan-made Frozen videos on YouTube. “If we don’t get one almost every day, it is rare,” says Buck. “It’s amazing.”

Source: Yahoo! Movies

'Frozen Fever': Preview Two Minutes of the Warm Music for Elsa's Cold (Exclusive Audio)

In Frozen Fever, Elsa's cold gives the audience a fuzzy feeling thanks in part to a warm, animated score by Frozen film composer Christophe Beck.

The new short from Frozen directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee — screening before Cinderella showings — reunites the Frozen heroine with Anna, Olaf, Sven and the rest of the crew on the big screen just months after the Oscar-winning film's ending, when it's time to celebrate Anna's birthday. Plans for the celebration are going well until Elsa starts to sneeze, which, due to her icy powers, puts the party at risk.

Along with the voices of Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad and Jonathan Groff, fans will recognize Beck's score as he again "used indigenous Scandinavian instruments, to give people a sense of time and place that felt new and unique to Frozen, but with a more traditional symphonic backbone providing that classic Disney feeling," he explains. In the short, his quirky measures bookend a new birthday-themed song by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez called "Making Today a Perfect Day," as Anna's loved ones strive to do onscreen.

"I made a conscious effort to have the score for Frozen Fever evoke the spirit of the feature film — in fact, the first few bars reprise one of the themes from Frozen," says Beck, whose upcoming projects include Marvel’s Ant-Man and the adaptation of Charles Schultz's comic strip Peanuts. "From then on, though, I introduce new material, but it never strays far from its musical ancestor."

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:20 pm

It’s of-f-f-f-f-icial: “Frozen 2” is in development at Walt Disney Animation Studios with directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee and producer Peter Del Vecho, the Oscar-winning filmmaking team behind “Frozen.”
The news was announced at Disney’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders this morning by Bob Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company; John Lasseter, Chief Creative Officer of Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios; and actor Josh Gad, who provides the voice of Olaf from “Frozen.” A release date and production details are on ice for now.

Frozen is back with a brand new song! Download "Making Today A Perfect Day" from Frozen Fever now!
See Frozen Fever in theatres ahead of Cinderella this Friday!

Making Today a Perfect Day (From "Frozen Fever") (Audio)

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ElvisRV » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:28 am

I immediately bought the song obviously, but it is certainly not their best work...I'm excited to see Cinderella and the short next week!
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:23 am

Did anybody hear about what was announced not that too long ago today which was the fact that Frozen 2 was green lighted and in development?
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:30 am

^I did. I actually posted it here before you and ElvisRV commented.

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:14 pm

I really loved Frozen Fever! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Even though it was just 7 minutes, I enjoyed every single minute of it including the beloved characters such as Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven. ^^ I also loved the new song "Making Today a Perfect Day", which I think is gonna be another hit song from Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez. :mrgreen:

I want to thank Disney and everyone who made this short as a gift for the fans of Frozen. Can't wait for Frozen 2 and God bless you all. :)

Chris Buck and Peter Del Vecho on How They Got the Idea for Frozen Fever

We had a chance to sit down with Frozen co-director Chris Buck and producer Peter Del Vecho, on what it was like to bring the cast and crew back together for Frozen Fever.

It wasn’t long ago that Disney fans were first asked if they wanted to build a snowman. Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Kristoff, Sven, and yes, even Hans too, captured everyone’s hearts when Frozen premiered in 2013. Now, with the news that Frozen 2 is in development, we’re even more excited to see the all-new short called Frozen Fever that will open in front of the live-action Cinderella.

After the recent successes of Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph, it’s clear that Disney storytelling legacy and new technologies are the perfect combination. Frozen brought together those things, while updating the fairy tale notions on true love, and maintaining Disney classic must-haves like great music and characters.“We knew we had a good movie, but none of us could have predicted the phenomenon it became. Just to watch through social media, which is something in past films we haven’t been able to do…It was pretty exciting and humbling to watch,” said Del Vecho. “It was successful across the world, which to us meant that we hit on some real core human truths that everyone could relate to no matter where you were.”

The Frozen team barely had a chance to catch their breath before thoughts of revisiting Arendelle came up again. “Not only did Frozen come out, but then there was so much after it. So, we really didn’t get a break until even the summer [of 2014],” explained Buck.

“The idea to do it was probably in the springtime [of 2014], the idea that came up to do a short,” noted Del Vecho. “And we were just about looking forward to taking a break!”

It took about six months to make Frozen Fever, and the cast and crew found that the short format was just what they needed after making Frozen. “The good part of it is that coming off of a huge three to four year journey like that, it’s kind of nice to a short little thing. It’s nice to do something fun, that’s just more of a little romp, have fun with the characters, and then be able to have something finished in six months,” said Buck.

Even though they were working within the time limits of a short, Buck and Del Vecho knew that music would be a key part of Frozen Fever. A new song, written by the Oscar-winning husband and wife team of Bobby Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez called, “Making Today a Perfect Day” helps drive the narrative of Frozen Fever. “Clearly it’s the characters and it’s the music together that kind of makes it. So, it felt even though we only had seven minutes to tell a story, it felt like music had to play a big part of it. It was hand-in-hand the idea of a short and working with Bobby and Kristen,” said Del Vecho.

So, how did the Frozen team come up with a new story? Like most great ideas, it started with a very random question. “Originally, we were pitching ideas (that were) more comedy and it was more kind of Olaf centric…and then the idea came up…about the sisters. The sisters are the core of Frozen and then we were playing with ideas with Anna and Elsa,” Buck told us. “Someone, one of our story guys said, ‘What if Elsa got a cold?’ And then it just sort of went from there…I mean, I don’t know, what would happen if the Snow Queen gets a cold?” Elsa might be determined to give Anna the best birthday ever in Frozen Fever, but her icy powers combined with being sick have some hilarious results.

There’s sure to be plenty of laughs, and singing too, which is always Buck and Del Vecho’s goal. “We always kind of check back and say, ‘Is everyone going to enjoy this? Are we staying true to the characters?’” But it really is after a while, (the important thing) is having a good time,” said Buck.

Be sure to see Frozen Fever only in front of the new, live-action Cinderella, in theaters now!

Source: Disney Insider

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:18 pm

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:34 pm

It's been a little over a year since the DVD and Blu-ray release of Frozen. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (March 18, 2014)

Making Today A Perfect Day (From "Frozen Fever”) (Lyric Video)

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:38 pm

‘Frozen’ To Debut Across Disney’s TV Networks In 2016

“Frozen” has already extended its icy reach from movie theaters to home video and even broadcast TV, thanks to the appearance of characters from the film in ABC’s drama “Once Upon A Time.” Now the owner of the franchise is set to bring it to more TV outlets.

Disney said Tuesday that “Frozen” would begin to air across many of its TV holdings – ABC, ABC Family. Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior – in February of 2016. It’s just the latest distribution window being tapped to keep the film fresh in consumers’ minds as the company works to monetize it via consumer products and other related content.

Disney has already announced that it is working to prepare a sequel to the movie. Disney has already unveiled plans for a Broadway show and ran a related short video,”Frozen Fever” during theatrical showings of its live-action version of “Cinderella.”

Source: Variety

Inside the Magic - New Frozen Fever photo op at Downtown Disney Marketplace, WDW

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv