Jessie Merchandise (Toy Story 2)

Jessie Merchandise (Toy Story 2)

Postby buckmana » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:02 am

I was rewatching Toy Story last night and during the Emily sequence, I noticed something interesting in the background as Jessie is abandoned.

At two points in the montage, you see a Jessie lunchbox behind her (when she's under the bed and in the donation box at the end of the scene).

I couldn't see the other items very well, but I think there were other Jessie items as well.

Which makes me wonder, did Jessie get her own line of Roundup toys?

We only see Woody toys, but the lunchbox and other items would suggest that she had her own line of toys.

You'd think Al would have purchased them as well, because they'd be part of the "complete collection".
But we don't actually see them in the collection.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Re: Jessie Merchandise (Toy Story 2)

Postby orcface » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:42 am

Well, obviously Jessie's spinoff wasn't nearly as successful as the roundup, leading to limited production of merchandise. Ironically, this means Jessie's stuff is even rarer and more valuable than Woody's, and the stuff of Big Al's most fanciful dreams. Obviously. No speculation at all :)

rank_0
orcface
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Jessie Merchandise (Toy Story 2)

Postby buckmana » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:44 am

I always assumed it was a gender balance thing.

If you're going to create a franchise for boys, give the girls something to collect as well.

Which was probably the point of the Jessie merchandise, something for the girl fans to relate to.

It probably wasn't a spinoff, more like a product line based around Jessie.

Wonder if that gives Prospector Pete something to be even more cranky about?
The fact that Woody and Jessie got all the merchandise and he was always third fiddle!

Or is that 4th?
Bullseye would be number 3.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Return to Disney movies and tv