Wanted Sequels?

Re: Wanted Sequels?

Postby Turbo-tastic » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:52 pm

Isn't there going to be a Brave sequel anyhow? Or am I crazy?
Turbo - Game jumping at its finest

King Candy/Turbo and Rex for Infinity!

rank_250
Turbo-tastic
Main Console: PS4

Postby Soubi » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Nothing verified yet. Best I could find is from wikipedia is this:

Scottish publication The Scotsman asked director Mark Andrews on the notion of a sequel. Andrews said, "I don't know if there will be another one. We never make a film at Pixar to have a sequel. It is always nice when you do and we kind of have a philosophy that if we find the right story then we will. Surely the marketing and success of Brave says that you can have one and they will come."[74]

the producer Wants to make a sequel, but that doesn't mean there will be one

rank_250
Soubi
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Omnidroid 535 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:42 pm

I personally think Brave ended fine and don't think it needs a sequel.
"SPOOTY"

-Dag

rank_250
Omnidroid 535

Postby PixarToonie » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:16 am

It would be unfitting for Brave to have a sequel, i agree. The story is done with Merida reuniting with her Mother Eleanor, and the kingdoms in piece. But there are a lot of oppurtunities for this movie to contnue
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
PSN ID:

Postby Nanashidesu » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:31 am

The Incredibles 2. There is just a lot to explore with this.

Also Wreck-It Ralph 2. I wanna know more of the world for example what would happen if they plug in another machine of the same game. Or imagine Litwak getting an HD remake of Fix-It Felix Jr.
Does the ingame world die if I unplug the machine to relocate it and replug it or does the world just go in cryofreeze?

In the first movie the world of video games was kept simple. The Arcade has only one game of each kind and only one of each character. Whats the Arcade game Bowser is from called? I can't recall him ever being in an- wait its Mario Kart. Scrap that question. Do Video Game Characters know the full length of the franchise they are in?

I could go on forever like this. There can be such interesting stories in such a concept.
Why is your font so freakishly big?
Why are you reading this in my voice?

rank_50
Nanashidesu
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby buckmana » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:15 am

The only film that really needs a continuation is The Incredibles.

And I'm of the opinion Pixar needs to shelve Toy Story now and focus on something else.
You can't just keep milking the same franchise over and over.
What if they were to keep trading the toys to new owners every 2-3 years just so the franchise has a reason to keep going?
That's poor storytelling technique.

Brave may have a sequel, but that's unconfirmed.
The only thing I've heard is that the sequel may explore Merida's relationship with the one son of the chiefs she actually had a fondness for:
http://pixar.wikia.com/Young_MacGuffin
Her reactions to him are markedly different to the others, she's more pleasant and doesn't insult him like the other sons.

I'm assuming this is because he was more friendly then the other sons, he wasn't obnoxious or aggressive like they were.
You could almost see he's a bit shy, because when he breaks the log, he's got an expression that he doesn't really want to be the center of attention.

As for non-Pixar films (pure Disney), I'm uncertain if any others need sequels.
I can't really think of anything that would lend itself to a continuing series.
I'll have to give it some more thought and see if I can think of anything.

I wouldn't say no to more Frozen stories though, if they can come up with compelling ones.

rank_1000
buckmana

Postby Turbo-tastic » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:05 pm

Haven't posted here in ages; but I wanted to respond to the question about WIR 2, of what if another game was plugged in that was the same. This wouldn't happen normally as the arcade would not need two of one game... however it it did happen there would be two of every character. Personally I think the characters would be at least slightly different from each other (with same basic character traits however) but they would be individuals.

I'd like to know what would happen if Litwak got another TurboTime cabinet (or sequel/remake) and plugged it in... the Turbo from that game would not be psychotic (yes probably still a jerk though). But it would be rather unfair to that Turbo if the other characters of Game Central kept using the 'Going Turbo' term, eh? I wonder what their attitudes would be.
Turbo - Game jumping at its finest

King Candy/Turbo and Rex for Infinity!

rank_250
Turbo-tastic

Postby ElvisRV » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:00 am

I would love a Frozen sequel but I don't believe there has ever been an in-theaters Disney Princess sequel, so I think it's unlikely. The Incredibles NEEDS a sequel. Brave would be wonderful! I would like a Lone Ranger sequel but let's be real (it's not going to happen). A Tron: Legacy sequel would be compelling as well.
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Elsa's Marshmallow » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:58 pm

Would be nice to see a sequel to Tron, and hopefully they'll continue with the reboot of The Black Hole!
Motormania is NOT a crime!

rank_0
Elsa's Marshmallow

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv