Was the Lone Ranger worth making?

Re: Was the Lone Ranger worth making?

Postby Simian » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:46 am

I thought the movie was fantastic. It was a little long, but I'm honestly used to long movies. I also thought the Lone Ranger playset was the best of the bunch.

Keep in mind, Disney Infinity was originally supposed to be released in, what, early June? It would have made the Lone Ranger playset release very near the movie release.

rank_0
Simian

Postby crash331 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:04 am

I ordered both of the playsets because target had them on sale for 50% off. I was expecting cars to be good and didn't expect much from TLR. TLR is my favorite playset and cars isn't as great as I thought it'd be.
crash331
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Kelleytoons » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:10 am

It's interesting how many of us didn't think we'd like the LR playset and yet it ended up being our favorite (or near the top). The only reason I bought it was due to the half price sale and when I think of how close I came to not getting it I feel very lucky.

The Toy Story playset is a nobrainer, though (even if just for Buzz' jetpack alone :>).

rank_250
Kelleytoons
Main Console: PS4

Postby Romulus77 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:12 am

Lone Ranger was the biggest surprise of the whole release for me. I, too, only bought it because of the Target sale. I thought worst case I would have some Toy Box pieces for Toy Story when it came out. I enjoyed that set so much.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby PixarToonie » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:05 am

So, so far people are saying that it is a good playset, I might be getting it then. But what is the outcome of the game when finished? What stuff can you get in the Toybox from it? What kind of a plot does it have?
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Kelleytoons » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:16 am

Well, like all the other playsets you have to defeat the bad guys. That's really the only "plot" there is in any of these. What differs about them are the mechanics (in The Incredibles there is a lot of punching, in Monsters a lot of jumping and sneaking, in Cars a lot of racing, in Pirates a lot of sword fighting -- although Pirates, due to the large size of the world, probably has more variety than any so far). In LR you do a lot of riding and shooting, although it also has the coolest packs for fighting (and there's a lot to be said for the Crows... well, don't want to spoil it too much, but let's say it will be the best pack so far until Toy Story comes out).

You get a lot of desert stuff for your Toy Box -- so useful if you want to create westerns (including using with Woody and Jessie and Bullseye). I also think it might work with the Aladdin castle stuff (sorry, old brain not working as I just got up so I don't remember the exact name). I was going to theme an area like that. You also get a LOT of horses (which are my favorite "vehicle" -- again, a surprise because I'm not a horsey kind of guy. But if you like riding Bullseye you'll love riding Trigger and the others). Again, this would be useful in an Aladdin setting and not just the west.

rank_250
Kelleytoons
Main Console: PS4

Postby Soubi » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Thank you everyone who posted in here ~ I haven't gotten to play the playset yet (darn xmas being so far away yet) but you all have made me look forward to the chance! I was expecting it to be blah.. the movie, I was unsure of (can never trust what you hear) but it sounds like we'll have to try and get our hands on it too!

rank_250
Soubi
PSN ID:

Postby Agent C » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:22 am

If you are talking about the movie, I enjoyed it for what it was. I think I was a little taken back at the amount of violence and darkness it had. As dark as Pirates could be, it never really took itself to seriously. The same cant be said for the Lone Ranger. Now, I love the original character, and some people's problems with the movie is that it wasn't true enough to that heritage. However, with a property like this, I understand you put your own spin on it. I think they did a fairly poor job in marketing it, but overall, I enjoyed it as much as I have anything else this year (I'm one to contend there just wasn't a great movie this summer).

As for the play set, I hear great things about it. I was surprised, pleasantly, that they opted to bring it out. Unfortunately, I will not be able to play mine for some time. It is supposed to be a birth day gift for my son, and his mother is bound and determined that I will not give it earlier. :D We will see.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Omnidroid 535 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:37 am

I haven't checked the playset yet but it defintley sounds interesting.
"SPOOTY"

-Dag

rank_250
Omnidroid 535

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv