Was the Lone Ranger worth making?

Was the Lone Ranger worth making?

Postby PixarToonie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:10 pm

I think that the Lone Ranger looks cool, but it was a bit of a turn for the worst for Disney. Personally it looks a bit like Red Dead mixed with Toy Story 3 Toybox! Was it worth making?
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Re: Was the Lone Ranger worth making?

Postby Kelleytoons » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:44 pm

If you mean the playset and not the movie, it's by far my favorite playset (which is surprising because if you mean the movie I do not think it was worth making at all :>).

rank_250
Kelleytoons
Main Console: PS4

Postby J_Skellington » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:01 pm

I initially was very excited about The Lone Ranger, I still have not seen it due to it's non stellar reviews. It is a wait for DVD title imo. My wife and I have to pick movies that are worth our time, we seldom get out on a date night. When we do leave our baby, it has to be worth it!

The play set was a lot of fun, even not seeing the movie. You are able to pick up and just have fun with the characters and the Old West. The Crow Pack alone makes this worth it, But you also get a few Glowing goodies out of it too! I don't want to spoil it too much. I definitely recommend it, if you haven't already purchased it.

rank_50
J_Skellington
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby maximumzero » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Yes and yes.

Disney had no reason to expect that the movie was going to be a flop, or they wouldn't have even bothered producing it in the first place.

In regards to the "The Lone Ranger" playset, the playset was finished long before the movie released and subsequently tanked. Keep in mind that Disney Infinity is basically going to be Disney's "movie tie-in game" platform from here on out.

In the end, regardless of the movie's financial success, Disney had no reason to withhold content that was already finished and ready to go.

rank_100
maximumzero
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby diehardest13 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:25 pm

The game doesn't seem as polished as the others. The bushes in the distance look unfinished and look see through.

rank_50
diehardest13

Postby SandyClaws » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:53 pm

I loved the play set, it was my 2nd favorite behind POTC.
Please subscribe to us on iTunes or Stitcher Radio, and Youtube

Disney Infinity TV

Chatter
SandyClaws

Postby Kelleytoons » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:59 pm

rank_250
Kelleytoons

Postby JerrodDRagon » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:30 pm

While the shortest playset...it was also alot of fun...its like a kids version of Red Dead and unlike many of the other playsets no challenges were too hard of annoying

rank_50
JerrodDRagon
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:47 am

My favorite playset so far was Lone Ranger. The movie was underrated! Just like John Carter or Tron, critics killed the movie before people saw it. You'd also be surprised how many people don't know anything about the Lone Ranger. When I went to D23 some person complained to a few of us in line about why Disney would make up a story about a western and name it something lame like the Lone Ranger. Lolz! I may be young, but I know me some Lone Ranger. I corrected that young fellow...gave him a history lesson.. :)

Anyways, Lone Ranger playset was the best so far! Totally worth making!
Disney Infinity.....My Anti-Drug!

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe

Next

Return to Disney movies and tv