UNNECESSARY Disney Movies

Re: UNNECESSARY Disney Movies

Postby Agent C » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:19 pm

My kids enjoyed Planes as did I. I have to admit my expectations were not very much going in. Maybe that is why I was pleasantly surprised.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Star Command » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:39 pm

When going in to see Planes, my expectations weren't high at all either. My expectations just hovered really low like a crop duster and busted into flames by the end of the film.
To infinity, and beyond!

Disney Infinity Figures Obtained: 14

rank_50
Star Command
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby KermitGreen82 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Planes was alright. I liked the new characters in Cars 2 but it wasn't very good. I went to see it thought because when the original Cars came out I was kind of like, really? and wasn't that interested in it. But when I did finally see it I was pleasently surprised.

I tend to agree with the direct to video sequels, espcially the sequels to Hunchback, Atlantis, the 2nd Cinderella (I liked the twist in time one), Tarzan, etc. Oh and the Buzz Lightyear Star Command. No thanks.

I do love the Toy Story sequels and I'm loving the shorts, but I don't want to see another movie with Bonnie. It just wouldn't be the same. I think a prequel could work but I kind of wish they would just leave it alone. So I think another Toy Story is unnecessary.

And I agree on the Pirates. The first was the best. Second and third were good and extend the story nicely but the 4th just wasn't the same and I'm really worried about the 5th one. They are unnecessay because they had a good thing with the trilogy. I don't know why the Disney Company can't just let it go sometimes.

Sometimes it makes me wonder what amazing things we might have if Walt Disney had lived longer.
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!
My favorite Disney characters are: Figment, Kermit, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Wreck It Ralph, Boo, Sully, Donald Duck, Bean Bunny, Orange Bird, Oswald

rank_50
KermitGreen82

Postby Figment74 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:39 pm

I agree! I thought that this was going to be a miss, but my Daughter wanted to go see it, and so off we went. I have to say I thought that this movie had a lot more heart to it than the original Cars movie. A much better script than the Cars film, and while this story had a lot of similarities right down to the Doc like character of the Corsair "Skip", to Mater's counterpart in the Fuel Truck. Still I prefer an underdog story to an ego maniacal self absorbed glory hound trying to make him self more important. Though I have to admit after cars was over I felt like Lightning grew a little, but the compelling story of reaching beyond ones grasp was far more relate-able. Bottom Line, if you have kids catch this one @ early morning show, it's not a wast of 1.5 hours like sooo many of the Direct to Video movies that Disney, and others have put out over the years.
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74
Main Console: PS3

Postby Soubi » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:47 pm

I loved my disney tv-only movies o.O don't be hatin' lol I still wish I could find dvd's for Escape to Witch Mountain and Return From Witch Mountain (especially since the newer movie had been made.. Escape From Witch Mountain if I remember correctly?)

Planes I feel is kind of unnecessary, but, seeing as I didn't like Cars anyways.. yeah

I wasn't a huge Toy Story fan either, so any of the sequels, I haven't even completely watched, just catch parts as my lil one watches because she enjoys them. Brave however, the entire family LOVED.

rank_250
Soubi
PSN ID:

Postby KermitGreen82 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:04 pm

I have seen dvds for newer versions of Ecape to Witch Mountain but they can be hard to find. (Not the latest version with the Rock) It has been a long time since I have seen it. I think I have seen them in rental stores but it has been forever since I have been in one of those. The original is available as is Return from Witch Mountian.
Hi, I'm KermitGreen82!
My favorite Disney characters are: Figment, Kermit, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Wreck It Ralph, Boo, Sully, Donald Duck, Bean Bunny, Orange Bird, Oswald

rank_50
KermitGreen82

Postby Soubi » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:25 am

@KermitGreen82~ There's 2 versions of it though, one was TV only (I *think* it came out in the 90's, I believe the sequel used the same "twins") and the other does indeed have a dvd version (was available through the Disney Movie Club, at least for awhile, I think its an 80's film)

and ouch ~ I was kinda right, one was made in 1975, the other 1995 (IMDB search)

rank_250
Soubi
PSN ID:

Postby Darkfox 818 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:01 am

i have to go with Chicken Little. Just never caught my attention and never looked like a disney movie from the start. looks like a movie dreamworks would make in my opinion

rank_0
Darkfox 818
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby buckmana » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:44 am

The Little Mermaid 2.
Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch has a glitch.

The first one is because the story was just sub-par.

The second one, whoever wrote that story was completely clueless as to what Stitch was.
They depict him as a malfunctioning machine, yet Stitch is completely organic.
And the whole story is based around that flawed premise.

Planes I'm uncertain about, I'm not enthralled, yet I've seen nothing to commend it either.

As for bad movies, how about everything they released direct-to-dvd?
Very few of those I found entertaining.
Mostly just attempts to capitilize on (or finalize) some tv series they had.
Even if it was in the cinema, odds are it wasn't very good.

General rule, if it's a live action Disney movie, stay as far away as you can.
Now taking bookings for the moon shuttle........ :lol:

rank_1000
buckmana

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv