Disney Announces New Movie Dates

Re: Disney Announces New Movie Dates

Postby Star Command » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Pixar directors shed a little light on the reason The Good Dinsosaur has been pushed to 2015:

http://moviepilot.com/stories/1156568-c ... tion-films

So it would seem they are struggling with the story department. That I can understand, but if the stories are such a big deal for Pixar (which is something they used to pride themselves on) why aren't they hiring in the story department? Sure they're passing the story around and getting feedback, but they did that with Brave and look how that turned out... Pixar should really consider some new fresh minds in their company. Other people outside of Pixar might have better ideas. They just have to be willing to listen.
To infinity, and beyond!

Disney Infinity Figures Obtained: 14

rank_50
Star Command
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:22 pm

^Also, they don't have a director since they removed Bob Peterson from directing The Good Dinosaur. Everything right now is foggy. So until we get new info on the film, we're gonna have to sit tight and wait.
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Star Command » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:30 am

The Good Dinosaur doesn't sound like a strong idea to begin with. A prehistoric creature finds a random kid, builds a relationship with the kid, and learns some stuff along the way. It has been done with Ice Age. Monsters Inc did the same thing, but with monsters. Another thing is the prehistoric time setting. Dinosaur/prehistoric movies don't do as well these days as they did in the 90's. The Croods was an example of that; meanwhile nobody wants any more Ice Age movies. Pixar has executed all of their films from that "napkin meeting" they had years ago (A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Wall-E), and those films were all major hits for them. Even some of the films that weren't mentioned in that meeting were successful (Ratatouille, The Incredibles, Cars, Up). Cars was a weak concept in my opinion, but had a good story and message which made it tolerable. But over the past few years, I feel like Pixar has lost their touch. I personally wasn't too impressed with Toy Story 3, but I felt it was a good way to end the series since Pixar felt it had to be made. Cars 2 was a slap in the face to many Pixar fans, and was the first Pixar movie I skipped out on seeing in theaters. Brave didn't meet a lot of fan's expectations, and Monsters University didn't line up well enough to be a prequel to the original (the problem I noticed was that they took the fact that everyone has seen the original and just used it to their advantage).
I'm having a lot of mixed feelings about Pixar. I do honestly wish them the best with The Good Dinosaur, but if the film ends up being cancelled (like their interesting film "Newt" which was pretty much "Rio" with lizards) I feel like I wouldn't be missing out on anything.
To infinity, and beyond!

rank_50
Star Command

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:42 am

Okay. But Brave was a pretty good film with a moral value about family. I'm always open minded about movies. So I don't think The Good Dinosaur will be that bad. So I'll just wait and see when the teaser trailer comes out soon.
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby DipperPines18 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:24 am

Arlo looks good but the kid just looks stupid. I kinda wanted the good Dino to be about Rex the toy Dino and other toy Dino's. kind of like toy story 4 but with Rex as the star. Anybody else thinking that wouldn't be terrible?

Because Rex is a Good Dinosaur!
"Reality is an Illusion, The Universe is a hologram,"-Bill Cipher

rank_100
DipperPines18
NN ID:

Postby Star Command » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:54 pm

^
That would be interesting, but Rex is a toy dinosaur. However, if The Good Dinosaur starred a T-Rex it would be much more interesting because of the reputation that species of dinosaur has.

^^
In regardsto Brave, I personally think it would be better if the story went more like this:
Let's just say the opening sequence (with Merida as a child and stuff) never happened, and King Fergus is the only one who had actually seen the demon bear, Mordu and lost his leg to him long ago, but everyone thinks he's just crazy and that it was just an ordinary bear that took his leg.

Merida finds out about her betrothal and doesn't want to get married. She embarrasses the lords and their sons in the archery competition, and her mother gets mad. Merida runs away, and finds the witch and tells her about her problem and how she feels. The witch understands what Merida is going through and tells her she needs to priove herself to the lords and her parents (prove to them that she's more than what they have labeled her). To do that, the witch sends Merida on a quest to find and defeat Mordu (the legendary demon bear that no one has ever seen before). Merida sets out on her quest to do just that. Meanwile, King Fergus and Queen Elinor are worried and the lords want to go to war over the whole situation of Merida embarrassing them and running away. King Fergus then rallies the lords to help him go out and help him find Merida. Queen Elinor insists on coming along as well because she cares about her daughter and is beginning to realize that she might have been too harsh or her daughter and thinks that maybe traditions can be broken.
Meanwhile Merida is led by the whisps to Mordu's ruined castle. She then discovers the legend of Mordu is true, and finds the demon bear. She tries to fight him but barely makes her escape into the forest. Mordu is still after her. Merida makes it to the clearing with the rock structures and that is there where she uses her wits to trick Mordu into causing his own demise by having one of the rock structures fall on him.
Then, King Fergus, Queen Elinor, and the lords find Merida and Mordu. They see that Merida was Brave enough to seek out a legendary beast and kill it. But it would turn out that Mordu isn't really dead, and rises from the rubble. Merida gets into yet another battle with Mordu, but this time her father fights along side with her. King Fergus disables Mordu by slashing one of the bear's legs, and Merida delivers the deadly strike to Mordu with her sword. Mordu dies, and his human ghostly spirit is set free. The lords and Elinor realize that Merida is more than just a pretty face or a prize to be won. Elinor then announces that its time to break tradition and that their children should be free to find love in their own time, and Merida is not ready to settle down and be a dainty princess. The lords agree, and later set off to sail back to their home lands.
The End.
--------------------------------
So as you can see, in my version of the story, there was no need to turn Queen Elinor into a bear in order for her to have a new perspective on her daughter, and Merida still gets what she wants, but really has to fight for it and prove herself.

This is just one of the many ways the story could've gone if Pixar put more time and creative minds on it.
To infinity, and beyond!

rank_50
Star Command

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:55 am

I'm starting to think Pixar should have another meeting in a cafe, you know, Because someday, the people at Pixar are going to find out and are going to end up being very disappointed with the work they've done since they started working with Disney on films like Tangled and WIR. This time the meeting would include talking about better ways to improve their franchises (Toy Story, Cars, Monsters, Finding, The incredibles) and see what they can do to go beyond just these IPs.
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby buckmana » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:23 am

My honest opinion?

Get the ball rolling on the Incredibles as soon as possible!
There's so much potential there and yet, it seems like it was barely touched.

Is it just me or is the only thing Pixar does on a regular basis is Toy Story stuff?

While that's nice I suppose, Toy Story is pretty low down on my ranking of Pixar movies.
I don't hate it, but there are other, better franchises deserving of a little attention.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby Agent C » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Pixar didn't do WIR or Tangled. That was actually Disney in-house projects. I have a tendency to think the opposite. While I love The Incredibles, what made Pixar so great was the originality they possessed. I didn't think you could do a whole lot with fish, but Finding Nemo was a great movie. Cars worried me, but it turned out pretty good. I admit. I wasn't a huge fan of WallE, but it was original. The sequels have been hard for me to get behind with the exception of Toy Story. Monsters U was just okay, and I really didn't care at all for Cars 2. I actually liked Planes better which I believe was heavily worked on by Disney Animation.

rank_500
Agent C
PSN ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv