But...But...But the Daft Punk Soundtrack that would have been :(
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Re: Tron (including Tron 3)

Postby KillingRaptor » Sat May 30, 2015 2:00 pm

Ah man, that really sucks... I think I'll watch Tron: Legacy this evening out of protest! Not that it will help anything... :lol:
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby ElvisRV » Sun May 31, 2015 1:30 am

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Hopefully it will return to production later
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sun May 31, 2015 2:59 am

Time for another petition? :D #TrongateTheMovie
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Disney Not Moving Forward With 'Tron 3' (Exclusive)
The third installment was to be directed by Joseph Kosinski and would see the return of stars Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund.

Tron 3 won't be coming to a theater near you.

Disney has chosen not to move forward with a third installment in the sci-fi series, sources say. While sources say the project was never officially greenlit, earlier this year it seemed that things were moving ahead with Tron:Legacy helmer Joseph Kosinski returning to direct and stars Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund reprising their roles.

Prep had been started on the third film, and production was looking to begin this fall, likely in Vancouver, British Columbia. Disney had been interested in adding Jared Leto to the cast, but an offer and negotiations never commenced.

Disney has been developing a sequel to Tron:Legacy since the movie, made for $170 million, grossed $400 million worldwide. Legacy was the sequel to the 1982 sci-fi film that took place inside a computer world known as the Grid and starred Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner. The film drew a big cult following and became a notable influence on filmmakers and pop culture.

Decades later, Disney revisited the world with Legacy. The story revealed that the computer-programmer character played by Bridges had a son (Hedlund) who jumped into the Grid to find his father. Wilde was Quorra, an algorithm-made-flesh who also happened to kick butt.

Disney has had strong success with its live-action properties recently, including Maleficent and this year's Cinderella, which earned $527.4 million worldwide. But it recently had a stumble with the $180 million live-action film Tomorrowland, which underperformed at the box office this past weekend with a $33 million U.S. debut.

Disney's live-action tentpole calendar is pretty full for the next few years, with live-action versions of many of its animated classics in the works, including The Jungle Book, Alice: Through the Looking Glass and Beauty and the Beast.

Source: THR
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby Stitch » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:34 am

It's a shame, really...
Hopefully someone will pick it up again one day.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby InfinityApprentice » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:53 pm

There's a petition on Change.org for Tron 3. It's already up to 25,000+ signatures!

https://www.change.org/p/walt-disney-revive-tron-3
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:42 pm

Garrett Hedlund hasn't been told Tron 3 is 'totally dead'

TRON: Legacy

Maybe the line will continue after all. Tron Legacy star Garrett Hedlund said plans for Tron 3 are not “totally dead,” this despite Disney saying it was not moving forward with the sequel earlier this year.

“Ever since we did Legacy, we knew that to have another story follow it up, it had to be concrete and exciting,” Hedlund said to ComicBook.com. “Disney needed to have the right story to go forward. I think it was going to introduce some things that were as exciting as Legacy was and then some, though.”

In May, Disney put the brakes on Tron 3, just one month after pushing the film into development with Hedlund and Olivia Wilde set to reprise their Legacy roles. Joseph Kosinski, who directed Tron Legacy, was also attached to return for the new film.

But even if it does eventually get back on Disney’s schedule, don’t expect Tron 3 to arrive any time soon. Tron Legacy was released in theaters 28 years after Tron, and Hedlund joked that a similar gap could happen again.

“I’ll have my young Flynn CGI face, who knows?” he said in reference to how the film handled original star Jeff Bridges aging between the films. “But they could do it anytime from now, and I would of course jump back in. Something like that could be quite fun, though!”

Source: Entertainment Weekly
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv