Tron (including Tron 3)

Re: Tron

Postby Omnidroid 535 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:13 am

I honestly like the new style. The old style doesn't seem as, visually appealing. And there were visually appealing movies back in the 80s. The new style seemed like "whoa this thing is freaking beautiful" to me. Combined with the soundtrack just made it even more epic. But that's my honest opinion so it's not a fact. I do definetley hope they bring Daft Punk back for Tron 3.
"SPOOTY"

-Dag

rank_250
Omnidroid 535
Main Console: PS3

Postby Turbo-tastic » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:32 am

^I respect that, everyone has their own opinions. I'm just used to the retro Tron, and prefer it.
Turbo - Game jumping at its finest

King Candy/Turbo and Rex for Infinity!

rank_250
Turbo-tastic
Main Console: PS4

Postby Omnidroid 535 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:53 am

I do have to say though, the original Tron seems like a pretty cool movie. Especially with Clu's scream whenever he crashes.
"SPOOTY"

-Dag

rank_250
Omnidroid 535

Postby beisbol » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:24 am

If Daft Punk is back, I'm sold.
Amiibo hunter by day, Infinity mogul by night.

rank_100
beisbol
Location: In the Toy Box, cruising around my sweet custom race track in Mickey's Car. Or Boston.
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:16 pm

Tron 3 to be filmed in Vancouver this fall

The sequel to 2010’s Tron: Legacy will be filmed in Vancouver beginning this fall.

According to Vancity Buzz entertainment contributor Lindsay Barker, Walt Disney Pictures has green lighted the third film in the Tron series. Filming is scheduled to begin on October 5, 2015.

The project has been in development since the success of the 2010 film, which raked in $400 million with a $170 million budget.

At this time, only Garrett Hedlund has been confirmed to return to the cast. In the previous film, Hedlund starred as Sam Flynn, the son of series original character Kevin Flynn (played by Jeff Bridges) who was stuck in the Grid’s digital world for two decades. The character Quorra, a skilled Grid warrior and confidante to Kevin, was portrayed by Olivia Wilde.

A majority of Tron: Legacy was shot at Canadian Motion Picture Park in Burnaby while some ‘real world’ scenes were filmed at the Shangri-La Vancouver Hotel (ENCOM headquarters), the Lions Gate Bridge (final escape scene) and neighbourhoods in East Vancouver.

Tron 3 is not the only big budget science-fiction Hollywood blockbuster being filmed in Vancouver this year. Production for Star Trek 3 is scheduled to begin on June 1, which will involve the reconstruction of the Enterprise set within a local movie studio.

Source: VancityBuzz
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:48 pm

Joseph Kosinski to Direct Disney's 'Tron 3'

Walt Disney Pictures has attached Joseph Kosinski to direct Tron 3, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed Wednesday.

Disney is understood to be eyeing a fall 2015 start of production for the follow-up to Tron: Legacy, which has not yet been officially greenlighted.

Kosinski was behind the sci-fi movies Oblivion, starring Tom Cruise, and Tron: Legacy, which was shot in Vancouver.

Studio operators in the West Coast city are in the running to possibly land the Tron 3 shoot, but no bookings have yet been confirmed, according to local players. Vancouver will host another sci-fi tentpole this year, Star Trek 3.

Toronto in 2015 will host production on Warner Bros.' Suicide Squad movie, based on the DC Comics property, and Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim 2.

Kosinski is repped by CAA and attorney David Matlof from Hirsch Wallerstein.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Re: Tron (including Tron 3)

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:38 pm

Olivia Wilde Reteams With Garrett Hedlund for 'Tron 3' (Exclusive)

Joseph Kosinski is back as director.

Olivia Wilde and Garrett Hedlund are set to return for Disney’s Tron 3.

The pair will reprise their characters from 2010’s Tron: Legacy in the sequel, which is being directed by Joseph Kosinski.

Legacy was the sequel to the 1982 sci-fi film that took place inside a computer world known as the Grid and starred Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner. While not a hit at the time, it later drew a big cult following and became an influence on filmmakers and pop culture.

Decades later, Disney revisited the world with Legacy. The story revealed that the computer-programmer character played by Bridges had a son (Hedlund) who jumped into the Grid to find his father. Wilde was Quorra, an algorithm-made-flesh who also happened to kick butt.

Disney has been developing a sequel to Legacy since the movie grossed $400 million worldwide. Hedlund in 2012 said he would return to the visual-effects-heavy franchise, but that was when the project was circling a 2014 start.

The project is now looking to shoot this fall, likely in Vancouver, British Columbia. Plot details are being kept offline.

Justin Springer will be involved as a producer.

Wilde is coming off starring in the Blumhouse-produced horror movie The Lazarus Effect. She is repped by WME, Untitled and Ziffren Brittenham.

Hedlund just boarded Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk and will be playing Hook in Pan, Warner Bros.’ retelling of Peter Pan. He is repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment and Sloane Offer.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:42 pm

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby InfinityApprentice » Mon May 25, 2015 6:03 am

^ I hope this is all true! I love Olivia Wilde as Quorra. She's such a great an interesting character! I think my favorite scene from that movie is the end when she sees the sun for the first time and feels it on her face. It really reminds you to enjoy and treasure the simplest things.
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv