Are you a freethinking Disney fan?

Are you a freethinking Disney fan?

Postby buckmana » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:28 pm

This is a thought I had while writing another topic and I was curious to get some responses, if only to satisfy my intellectual curiosity.

It is known that the some of people suffer from what I call "brand loyalty".
In general, the average brand loyalist suffers from a particular mental blindness towards a particular company.

I was wondering if Disney fans can suffer from this problem as well.
No matter how bad the product it is, they love it for the simple reason "Disney made it" and look past all the flaws with a patented pair of rose colored glasses.

The reason I had this thought is I realized I am quite discerning when it comes to Disney products.
My preferences are organized like this:

Absolute Favorites. These are the ones I love the most.
Best of the Best. Not quite on the level of Absolute Favorites, but very close.
Interesting. Didn't quite qualify for Best of the Best, but enough to deserve a rating on this list.
Amusing. An entertaining diversion, but not really engaging beyond casual interest.

I haven't done a formal count yet, but just from a brief analysis, I realized that each category on that list contains a small fraction of the Disney franchises that currently exist.
And most of them are either completely or partially created by Pixar, which narrows the field of pure Disney creations even more! ;)

Which, at a rough estimate, means that 90% of Disney Products just failed to engage my interest whatsoever.

But are there Disney fans who just don't think to engage active thinking and actively obsess over anything that is Disney out of brand loyalty?

And where do you fall in this theory?
Why do you like your favorite Disney franchises?

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Re: Are you a freethinking Disney fan?

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:03 pm

i am loyal to several brands but i still recognise flaws when they exist

i am a self confessed Sony fanboy but we still own an xbox 360 and a wii u. PS4>xb1 ;)

as far as Disney franchises Toy Story is my favourite. the original Toy Story movie blew me away when i watched it. it was a totally new idea and it worked.

Toy Story is the perfect movie trilogy. filled with action, adventure, humour, laughter, tears, car chases, explosions, songs, love stories and much, much more ... anything needed in a hit movie can be found in one or all of the Toy Story movies.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:11 pm

I'm a mostly Disney brand loyalist, save for the TV shows now. What was on when I grew up, those were the days... Talespin, Ducktales, Gargoyles, Aladdin, Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck, Bonkers, Timon and Pumbaa... Toy Story's the best because of Rex and Woody. Everything else has other lovable characters. For me, Disney's the history, legacy and characters.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Omnidroid 535 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:09 pm

I'm a loyalist for some companies but yea, there's no denying there's flaws in some things.
"SPOOTY"

-Dag

rank_250
Omnidroid 535
Main Console: PS3

Return to Disney movies and tv