Idea for a complete Disney small screen overhaul.

Idea for a complete Disney small screen overhaul.

Postby Agent C » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:21 pm

I don't know if very many keep up with the CES on here, but WWE (yes, the wrestling corporation) just announced their new network. It will be a la carte. It will be $9.99 per month. It will include all past content pay-per-views, new original content, all archived content, and all current and future pay-per-views. I know. What doe that have to do with Disney.

I read a report not long ago talking about how Disney has been toying with the idea of removing the subscription mandate they currently have on the apps for each of their channels. What if they did something like this. I would gladly pay $10 per month for current and archived Disney movies and tv shows.it is certainly more than the share they get right now from the current cable companies. They wouldn't have to include ESPN. That could be a separate charge though if they wanted to throw that in it would be great ;)

For years, I have thought about how Disney should have a Classic station. This would take care of that. It would annuitize their shows. As best I can tell just reading the journals. The $10 per month would represent more than double what they are currently receiving from the cable companies, Dish, and DirecTV. This would also solve the issue of bringing those old shows out on DVD which is something I have been begging for. Just a thought.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: Idea for a complete Disney small screen overhaul.

Postby Randall Boggs » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:49 am

A $10/month thing would sure be better than buying/renting/finding classic Disney films...
SSB Mewtwo Launch Party!
Click the globe icon to join!

rank_1500
Randall Boggs
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney movies and tv