The Disney Classics collection: which do you have?

The Disney Classics collection: which do you have?

Postby KillingRaptor » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:55 pm

I was wondering, what movies do you all have from the Disney Classics collection? I just ordered mine by number and took a picture of it. :)
I do have some others on DVD but my goal is to have them all on Blu-ray. I only hope they'll release them all on Blu-ray here in Europe.

Here is my collection so far:

Just click on it to see the big version of the picture. ;)
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Re: The Disney Classics collection: which do you have?

Postby ntnon » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:36 pm

A thought occurred to me the other day when I saw one of Zavvi (UK)s blu-rays, and noticed a NUMBER on the spine, as per those on the EU editions above.

How much thought do you think went into those design decisions - the prominent number? Because such a number definitely includes relative obscurities like Saludos Amigos, The Three Caballeros and Fun and Fancy Free. More importantly, the cut-for-home-release Make Mine Music (although the similarly cut Fantasia has been out regularly, so a cut version is probable). Critically, the higher number on EU releases presumably includes THE SONG OF THE SOUTH.

Collectors will want a full number run, but Disney are very reluctant to release Song of the South.

On the other hand, US releases do not have numbers, while the UK/EU do AND Europe has had VHS releases of Song... many years ago...

So, I wonder if the European release companies are banking on a Song of the South blu-ray at some point? Maybe a 70th Anniversary release in 2016...?

rank_500
ntnon
Main Console: PS3

Postby Chip » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:39 pm

We have all the Disney's on DVD, collected them all before Blu Ray came out :( Feels like a waste to buy the all on Blu Ray as well as much as I would love to have the high def.

rank_50
Chip

Postby Agent C » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:03 am

I'm pretty sure I have all of the stuff done by Disney. I am shy a couple of Pixar, Up and Rat.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Charlo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:52 am

I'm curious what they count as a "classic" though. As recent release wreck it Ralph was included though it's a lot different to the other most recent ones. Disney pixar are not included for obvious reasons, however Planes was also not included and it's not a pixar film either so why did they omit it? Is it part of the attempt to pass it off as pixar?

rank_0
Charlo
Main Console: PS4

Postby Chewbacca » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:59 am

I have lots on DVD(we don't have a bluray player). I have every princess movie up to Brave, and have almost all 3d disney movies, except Frozen, Brave, Monsters U, and Toy Story on DVD(have it on vhs though :lol: )
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby PirateSteven » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:14 pm

So far there are 53 Disney Animated Feature films that have been released that Disney counts as part of its Disney Animated Classics.

Disney Animated Classics list

The next tentatively scheduled four:
54. Big Hero 6 (2014)
55. Zootopia (2016)
56. Giants (2016)
57. Moana (2018)

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Postby Charlo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:40 pm

I'm guessing the missing 2015 release will be Frozen 2?

Anyway, I only have from Princess and the Frog onwards. I know, shameful but I'm a Disney pixar fan more. ^^

rank_0
Charlo

Postby ntnon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:02 pm

Planes is a gray area - I think there was a possibility of it being direct-to-DVD/TV at one time, and it was made by an arm of Disney that was neither Disney Animation nor Pixar. Or something.

rank_500
ntnon

Next

Return to Disney movies and tv