star wars originals blu ray?

star wars originals blu ray?

Postby mr.incredible125 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:19 am

According bleedingcool.com, they "intercepted" an email from Disney's marketing department, it says that Disney is preparing to re-release the classic trilogy unaltered version on Blu-ray, DVD and on Demand. That would be amazing if it happens. :D

rank_100
mr.incredible125
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: star wars originals blu ray?

Postby ntnon » Tue May 20, 2014 9:31 pm

If I remember rightly, it'd have to be a collaboration with Fox, because Fox still retain release rights over the original Star Wars.

In addition, it were the original unaltered films, wouldn't their high definition release either be sub-standard or prove Mr Lucas to be... disingenuous (at best), since he argued back during the DVD release that the materials were not available as he spliced in the anniversary footage into the original negative..? (Something like that, anyway. Maybe.)

rank_500
ntnon
Main Console: PS3

Postby cobrawars » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:02 pm

This would be amazing news if it is true. While I'm not a 100% against what I like to call the "I can't contain my self Lucas Editions" I'd love to have the movies on DVD as they were released.

rank_50
cobrawars
PSN ID:

Postby ntnon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:45 pm

You could for a while - there were double-disc releases of the original trilogy where one was the SE (or Further-tampered-SE) and the other a non-anamorphic slightly ratty 'original' version. Now OOP, though...

So they are near-as-makes-no-difference on DVD, and Blu is hazy because of the comments about the original negative (assuming I remember right), so... "maybe"! What chance the Holiday Special that EVERYONE (allegedly) wants to see buried and never released...?!

rank_500
ntnon

Return to Disney movies and tv