Beauty and the Beast

Re: Beauty and the Beast

Postby GuyCC75 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:05 pm

I am SUPER cautious about this movie.

The 1991 version is one of my all-time favorite movies, and I may physically die a little inside if this is not done perfectly.

rank_250
GuyCC75
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Stitch » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:06 pm

The casting was done perfectly, so that is a start. I have high hopes for this movie, probably too high. Shouldn't set myself up for disappointment.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:21 am

Emma Watson (@EmWatson) - The 21st of August must be an auspicious day for me 15 yrs ago I began my journey as Hermione15 yrs later I wrap on my 1st musical as Belle.

Luke Evans (@TheRealLukeevans) - Last day on BATB today :(

Jack Morrissey (therealjackmorrissey on Instagram) - Picture wrap on BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. Bill Condon, come on home.

Adam Kirley (adamkirley on Instagram) - @adamkirley : That's a wrap!!!!!! #itsbeenemotional #bestdayever #bestteamever #disneylife

#Disney #BeautyandtheBeast #DirectedbyBillCondon #BillCondon #taleasoldastime
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:54 am

Scoop: Alan Menken Reveals Which Broadway Songs Made the Cut, Plus Three New Tunes for Disney's Live-Action BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

In a roundtable with Entertainment Weekly, Alan Menken elaborated on the three new songs he and Tim Rice have written for the film. But unfortunately, BEAUTY AND THE BEAST will not be featuring any of the Broadway musical's original tunes.

Menken told EW, "I would've taken 'If I Can't Love Her,' but the problem is that was for a very specific moment to end Act I of the Broadway show. There's a moment where the Beast drives her away and he regrets that. But I think Bill [Condon] built a more promising moment for the film, which is when he lets her go and he watches her leave. And as he watches her leave, he sings."

What the Beast sings is a new song -- written by Menken and Rice -- called "Forever More". There is also a tune titled "Days in the Sun," as well as a third song Menken didn't mention by name.

All of the songs from the animated classic, written by Menken and the late Howard Ashman, will be featured in the film.

On whether the new melodies were inspired by those from the animated movie, Menken replied, "Similar. Sort of a cousin of 'If I Can't Love Her.' So yes, there's new songs and I'll be scoring that in the spring. It's exciting."

Disney's live action BEAUTY AND THE BEAST stars Emma Watson as Belle, Dan Stevens as the Beast/Prince, Luke Evans as the vain villain Gaston and Josh Gad as his sidekick Le Fou. The Bill Condon-helmed project follows the classic French fairy tale of a young woman who takes her father's 'place as a prisoner in a monstrous being's castle, only to fall in love with the creature who turns out to be a prince.

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST will hit theaters on March 17, 2017.

Source: BroadwayWorld.com

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:52 pm

On this day in 1991, the enchantment began. - November 22

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14