Lion king Tv show: The Lion Guard

Lion king Tv show: The Lion Guard

Postby bleu4ever » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:41 am

"Disney Television Animation has begun production on ‘The Lion Guard,’ an animated television movie and series that continues the story introduced 20 years ago in the acclaimed Disney animated film The Lion King. Geared towards kids age 2-7 and their families, ‘The Lion Guard’ television movie will premiere in Fall 2015, and the subsequent series will debut in early 2016 on Disney Junior and Disney Channel.

The wildlife education experts at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park will serve as consultants on ‘The Lion Guard’ stories, which will incorporate themes of conservation, family and community while also highlighting problem-solving, creative thinking and diversity. Author and Swahili expert Sarah Mirza is the language and cultural advisor.

‘The Lion Guard’ begins as Kion, the second-born cub of Simba and Nala, assumes the role of leader of the Lion Guard, a group of the bravest and brightest tasked with preserving the Pride Lands. Instead of assembling a team of young lions to serve with him, Kion challenges tradition by calling upon friends he believes are the best choices – Bunga, a fearless honey badger; Fuli, a confident cheetah; Beshte, a happy-go-lucky hippo; and Ono, an intellectual egret. Stories will include special appearances by Mufasa, Timon, Pumbaa, Rafiki, Zazu and Kion’s older sister, Kiara, the future Queen of the Pride Lands"

source http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-lio ... ies-71263/

happy about this because cause I love lion king disney channel is getting good again gravity falls, P&F, wamder over yander And now this!! Who knows maybe we'll see kion and his friends in disney infinity some day
The public is in danger! My evening's in danger! You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good! 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get! "

rank_250
bleu4ever
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Re: Lion king Tv show: The Lion Guard

Postby Modeltrainman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:50 am

Pumbaa! Everyone needs more Pumbaa! :D
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby ntnon » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:56 am

Aiming young, if it's ages 2-7..

rank_500
ntnon
Main Console: PS3

Postby ntnon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:40 pm

Disney Insider e-mail muddies the waters with the headline "Be Prepared for a New Lion King Movie: The Lion Guard."

rank_500
ntnon

Postby cobrawars » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:43 am

I'm excited about this. I've always loved the Lion King so hoping to see what they add to it with this chapter.

rank_50
cobrawars
PSN ID:

Postby Charlee » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Age 2-7 that's very young. That's a shame. I dunno if this will water down the lion king brand
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Spider-Tron » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:35 pm

I hope Disney Infinity doesn't completely abandon the idea of having Lion King characters in the game. I really want Kion, Simba, and Scar to have figures.
Well, I hope I'm there... catching some of the light coming off ya that day

rank_0
Spider-Tron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sarah » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:53 pm

Lion King is my favorite Disney movie, but I'm skeptical about this based on the horribly low age projection... I just have a feeling that it won't be quite on the same level (that adults can love as well) as regular Disney movies or My Little Pony. :\ (or Gravity Falls, I guess - never watched that). But I'm definitely going to give it a shot and hope for the best.

rank_0
Sarah
Main Console: Wii U
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:18 pm

Ages 2-7?
Sigh... Shame.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Return to Disney movies and tv