Lone Ranger

Lone Ranger

Postby PirateSteven » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:04 am

I got a chance to see Lone Ranger at a free sneak preview for Disney Visa Cardholders in Orlando, FL tonight.

The movie is excellent. Johnny Depp does a brilliant job of portraying the Tonto character. The movie was full of action and comedy. I love the Pirates of the Caribbean film series and this film reminded exactly of those films.

I am now anticipating the Lone Ranger Play Set more than ever, and after seeing the film it is the one Play Set that I want to take on next to the Pirates Play Set. I have no doubt that the Lone Ranger Play Set will bring a lot to the table with its action, horse riding, and train building. I don't know why, but I was expecting to see elephants in the film after seeing so many elephants in the play set trailers. Not to ruin your film experience, but there are no elephants in the film. I can also see myself logging a lot of time playing in Toy Box Mode as Tonto. The Lone Ranger's steed, Silver, was also very entertaining in the movie.

Go see the movie and definitely buy the Lone Ranger Play Set!

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: Lone Ranger

Postby xxmangexx » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:31 am

I am glad to hear that it was good. I read an article today that pointed out that the meta score for the movie was 31 and that the failure of this movie would hurt the sales of DI. Althought I don't beleive that for one second, I am happy that the movie experience was enjoyable. I will need to drag my kids out to see it.
ps3: usernamestolen

rank_0
xxmangexx
Main Console: PS3

Postby Dug » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:34 am

My family went to see it yesterday and everyone liked it. It was a little uneven at times, sometimes comedy and sometimes drama, but over all it was good. It felt like a pirates movies with a little more drama.

rank_0
Dug
PSN ID:

Postby Charlee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:10 am

I really wanna see it. But monsters university is top priority. Comes out next Friday yay
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
PSN ID:

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:36 am

Super excited to see this. I was in California when it came out so I have not seen it yet, but I hope to see it some time this week.
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:23 am

Just saw Lone Ranger, and I have to say that I'm a little dissapointed. I mean, the movie was good, but I had high expectations for this movie, and it didn't really meet up to them. Also, the movie is a lot darker than it looks. There is a lot of death and violence than normal Disney movies, which I was surprised about. What I did love was Johnny Depp, he played the part of Tonto perfectly and he was hilarious! Overal, I wasn't really impressed with Lone Ranger, but it isn't as bad as some people are saying. Just my opinion!
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm still not sure of wether I want to see this. Doesn't really seem like I'd enjoy it much, but it would be great for the play set- I guess their plan is working! :lol:
I might hang on to the play set until I manage to rent it. I do want to see it at some point just for the tie-in.

@thedisneyfanatic22 It sounds a bit like my experience with Oz. I was expecting great things from that movie, but it was just fairly-good.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Tak3o » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:52 pm

watched it and it was absolutely amazing! To be honest however i do wish the lone ranger was a more memorable character, I totally forgot his name, which i googled and is john reid.
Ohana means Family, family means Nobody gets left Behind, or Forgotten.

rank_100
Tak3o
Main Console: PS3

Postby ElvisRV » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:17 am

I think the critics may have had to much to drink when they reviewed this amazing movie. Every second was used wisely I even stayed to the very end of the credits. My theater didn't play any Disney Infinity videos so that sucked. It all-in-all fulfilled and surpassed my expectations.
I'm a big fan of Pixar and Disney Movies, and the Skylanders games. The Cars franchise and Ratatouille are my favorite Pixar movies. Paperman is my favorite thing to ever come out of Disney!
Credit goes to toops for my avatar!

rank_500
ElvisRV
Main Console: Xbox 360

Next

Return to Disney movies and tv