Disney Classic channel idea

Disney Classic channel idea

Postby SketchFox7 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:58 am

Anyone else think we need a Boomerang-style channel for Disney animation? It could be called Disney Classic or Disney Retro

The morning could consist of shows skewed towards younger audiences from the 90s (like The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Jungle Cubs, Recess, even Lilo & Stitch the Series, etc...) that aren't sometimes too childish like a lot of Disney Junior stuff. Then the afternoon would of course be ruled by tons of Disney Afternoon programming, the later, the more darker tone, start off the day with DuckTales, TaleSpin, Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, transistion towards Mighty Ducks, Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, etc... Retro, old school Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Minnie Mouse & Pluto cartoons could be the late night programming. No live action, and the most recent animation on there should be Kim Possible, Dave the Barbarian & American Dragon: Jake Long, nothing more recent than that stuff.

Other shows...
House of Mouse
Quack Pack
Goof Troop
Aladdin
Hercules
The Little Mermaid
Timon & Pumbaa
The Legend of Tarzan
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
Bonkers
Pepper Ann
Gummi Bears
Fillmore
Lloyd in Space
The Proud Family
Teacher's Pet
Disney's Doug

etc...

They could show a different animated movie every weekend on Saturday nights & Sunday nights, as long as it's animated any Disney movie would be eligible (Walt Disney Animation, DisneyToon, Pixar, etc...).

-I know Toon Disney used to do something similar, but Disney XD has becoming more of a tween focused live action/animated hybrid channel. A channel catered to 90's fans would be great and would be an awesome way to introduce an entire generation of great programming to a whole new audience.
-As for 90s-00s live action comedy shows, I'd love to see Disney XD introduce a late night block of reruns for shows like Even Stevens, Lizzie McGuire, That's So Raven, etc... I think it'd be the perfect spot for them.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Re: Disney Classic channel idea

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:09 am

Yes! Just yes great idea

Chi chi chip and dale, rescue rangers . . .

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby tabaer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:25 pm

@SketchFox7, that would be a great idea. I'm glad to see you included Gummi Bears in your list. Although I'm not familiar with all the shows you mentioned, other than knowing their names, I think you picked some great ones that should be brought back. I say don't stop at the 80s and 90s but include some real classic stuff as well.

rank_100_ftb
tabaer
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:44 pm

I could only wish they would go back that far in their character selections! Sign...the things todays kids probably have never seen...

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:25 pm

If they do this, I hope every old Marvel Animated series gets shown on this!
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SketchFox7 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:17 pm

@tabaer- Yeah, I'd want House of Mouse in the afternoon, which plays a mix of older shorts and recent one, plus has it's own story on top of that. Then the late night stuff, like 1am-5am could play retro cartoons going as far back a Steamboat Willie even!!!

@SugarGuyWrecker- That's actually a great idea! they could have a dedicated Marvel block somewhere on the schedule. 90's X-Men & Spider-Man were great, I love Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends too.

rank_500
SketchFox7

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:52 am

What if they reran X-Men : Evolution and Spider Man : The Animated Series as part of a Marvel Early 2000s block
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SketchFox7 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:38 am

Oh X-Men: Evolution would be awesome, I miss that show and there is only very little episodes on Netflix, so that'd be great!

rank_500
SketchFox7

Postby Agent C » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:29 pm

I like the idea. I would take it a step further. I like the WWE Network idea. What if they were to give access to the family of three stations and access to the entire vault. If they were to charge between $9.99 and $14.99, I'd be willing to pay for that all day.

rank_500
Agent C
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Return to Disney movies and tv