D23 Expo Help!

D23 Expo Help!

Postby 4aic400 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:01 am

Hey, so I need help, been wa ting to go to d23 for a long time and I'm having problems finding info on it. For those who went how does it work do you need to pay to see the presentations, do you get anything free, best/closest/cheap hotel?

Overall I need some help planning, I've never been to California, never been to D23 expo. Just really need some help.

rank_100_ftb
4aic400
Main Console: Xbox 360
Disney ID:

Re: D23 Expo Help!

Postby PirateSteven » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:08 pm

The D23 Expo is three days Fri-Sun. You can buy tickets to the individual days, but I definitely recommend going all three days.

Tickets can be purchased here http://registration.experientevent.com/ShowDIS151/

The event is very crowded, but daily schedules are released a couple of weeks in advance so you can try to plan your days. You don't have to pay money to go to the individual panels. You just have to know that anything you want to go to will have a line to get into so plan accordingly.

I have been to 2 of the 3 expos, and I had a blast.

Last time they had the event Disney Interactive had a big presence on the show floor, and they had a presentation on Sunday of the event. No known info has been released this year, but I expect the same.

The Anaheim Convention Center is directly across the street from Disneyland. So you can look up hotels in the Disneyland area online to try to find the best rates. Knowing this, you may also want to schedule 1-2 days at Disneyland if you want some Disneyland time. There are quite a few members on this forum attending the event, and we are planning a meetup so you definitely want to subscribe to that forum topic when we post more info.

DIF D23 Expo Meetup 2015

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:36 pm

As for hotels a lot are probably sold out already. Their are 3 major hotels there and they were sold out when I called 1 yr in advanced. The next closest hotel was around $200 a night. They know the expo is coming so they are raising the prices. I would start looking for reservations now for that as well or you may need to find a hotel 10+ miles away.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby 4aic400 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:39 pm

Is there anything I should be aware about, lines, autographs?

rank_100_ftb
4aic400
Main Console: Xbox 360
Disney ID:

Postby fdanielix » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:31 am

I have never been there either. I would also like some more info...

What can we do there? Does the Disney Infinity booth happen all 3 days? Do the people invited to the summit and D23 get priority in lines and such? Any recommendations for panels/floors/etc?
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby candyle73 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:45 pm

I'm SO jealous of anyone going to D23! I've never been to one but have always wanted to. I have been to SDCC a few times and love the excitement of the whole thing. Plus all the exclusives!! Man I hope the exclusive DI figure isn't something I HAVE to have :(

Btw if anyone going would like to pick me up the exclusive Itty-Bittys that would be awesome :D Man, I love those little things.
Come on Disney, I know you want to announce Darkwing Duck next...

rank_250
candyle73
PSN ID:

Return to Disney miscellaneous