Disney Princess Program a sham?

Disney Princess Program a sham?

Postby VampLena » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:40 pm

So I was bored recently and researched these Disney Princesses and discovered there is a whole program and evencertification for characters but, it all seems like a sham.

This is the Requirements per the Disney Wiki:

A) has a primary role in a Disney animated feature film, B) is human or mostly human-like (e.g. Ariel), and C) does not appear primarily in a sequel. The actual title of Princess (or equivalent) is not necessary, but certainly helps.

Now, a lot of Disney characters have been rejected because they aren't royal, or because they get elevated to Queen, and that's fair, it fits the rules. But then you have characters like Mulan who is a peasant and gets in, or Elsa who is a Queen and is approved. These kind of flaunting of their own rules make it seem like there is only one real requirement: Making Disney money. So I think the whole Princess program is a sham, and a fraud if Characters like Kida get the shaft because she became a Queen or Alice of Wonderland can't be a Princess because she has no royal blood. There are plenty more, like Jane from Tarzan (rejected due to no royal blood), but i think the point has been made.

rank_50
VampLena
Main Console: PS4

Re: Disney Princess Program a sham?

Postby Skellington0327 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:20 am

They don't use that to pick princesses. The Disney princesses were created to make money. In the late 90s Disney realized the princesses were very popular and kids wanted merchandise of them so they created the Disney princess line. They honestly just pick characters they think will sell well. While Kida is royalty, Atlantis did not do well enough to make Disney feel like they'd make money off her merchandise.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Disney Princess Program a sham?

Postby VampLena » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:26 am

Thanks for the reply. So basically all this stuff on the net about requirements and convoluted rules, is just wrong? I was right in the first place by my belief its just about who makes disney money?

rank_50
VampLena

Return to Disney miscellaneous