My D23 Final Note

My D23 Final Note

Postby CueLannoo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:14 am

So as everyone knows this weekend was the D23 Expo. I have been in Los Angeles since Tuesday evening. As I sit in LAX tonight waiting to begin my journey home I figured in would share my feelings on the expo. I think I am the only forum member who attended all major panels and performances at the expo.

I will start with Friday... What can I say about Friday. It was INSANE!!! I started off with a Fun Run put on by Run Disney. it was a 2.3 mile run from the convention center through California Adventure theme park. after the run I got in line for what i thought was to get in to the floor and the arena. once the doors opened it got crazy! Everyone was confused, no one knew where anything was (including staff) and I almost missed the kickoff of the expo (Disney Animation Panel.) Luckily I got in on this panel. I must say that when it came to panels this may have been my favorite one! It was fun and funny. John Lasster was totally informal, and they showed some awesome movies to boot! I think the most anticipated movies shown from this panel for me personally would have to be Frozen and Inside Out. They both looked amazing and Inside Out stole the show for me!!! After the panel I got in a number of different lines. I got my Small Fry Buzz and Dinoco Cars RV figures and then got my free Infinity Figure (Mike). I felt it would be fair if only got in line once a day. I only wanted 3 figures anyway. After that I did some more shopping (I wanted my merchandise before it sold out so I did most of my shopping Friday.) If my memory serves me right that was it for Friday. So much happened its hard to remember. Oh wait! My buddy and I went meet some friends that happened to be in the area and went eat dinner with them then went to California adventure to ride Radiator Springs Racers!

Onto Satuday! So this day is boring. Only because 80% of it was of me waiting in lines! First thing was getting in line at 5ish in the morning for the 10am panel for live action movies. This panel was fun because they covered all the Marvel movies too! Like the Animation panel there were lots of celebrities. But it felt more like an apple press conference. The animation panel the day prior was much more loose and fun. My personal highlights from this panel were Saving Mr. Banks, Muppets, and Guardians of the Galaxy!!! Don't get me wrong I love Thor and Captain but I am on board for Guardians!!! The 2 minutes they showed us has me school girl giddy! After the panel I did some more shopping (tying up loose ends for family souvenirs) and waited in line with PirateSteven to get my second figure (Mike Again). Luckily my friend wanted to trade his Mater for my Mike! I then got back in line for what was probably one of the best concerts I have ever seen! Richard Sherman and Alan Menken!!! If you don't know who these men are stop reading and start researching!!! It was an amazing evening and I had an awesome time! Link to my YouTube Channel for video!!! http://www.youtube.com/CueLannoo

Now today (Sunday.) I actually got to sleep in (Yay!) I woke up at 6 instead of 4!!! Lol I got in, you guessed it, another line! PirateSteven met up with me and we waited it out together. While in line another friend of mine wanted to trade his Francesco for my Mike so I obliged. now I have Mater and Francesco (Cars playset complete with my preorder!) Once the doors opened we went straight to a line for a free infinity figure. I got Barbossa (was really hoping for Violet) then the guy behind me in line got Violet and said he wanted Barbossa! He asked for a trade and I jumped on it! Now the only single pack figure I need is Dash (who I will now get free from my preorder) so I am all set!!! Go me! After getting our figures Intoured the floor for a bit and then we went hold a spot in line for the big announcement. While holding the line my friends and I took turns going and using the bathroom, eating and such. Finally we loaded into the arena!!! It was only 2/3 full (maybe 2,500/3,000 people.) not nearly as full as other panels I was a part of. Either way the panel was cool! To be honest the thing that impressed me the most was not infinity but the Disney Animated App!!! This thing is straight up Bad Ass!!! It is for iPad and is like $14 bucks! But it is soooooooooo worth it! As for the rest of the panel you guys pretty much know what went down so I am saving my typing. After the panel we went back to the Disney interactive booth to see John V and take some group photos. After that I went to a Disney Ambassadors panel and headed to the hotel to head here to the airport. When I get home I will add photos and videos of all of the merchandise I hauled and some of my highlights. As for now... I nap until my plane arrives!

Oh and another thing... This may be the tired talking but I will say it anyway. We Met John V and the dude is awesome we grilled his team all weekend trying to get answers. I can tell you this these guys and gals busted ass making an awesome game and are exhausted. The last thing I think they am deserve is to come to this forum (and they do) and see us fuss, whine, and B!tch about how you aren't happy a character isn't in a game or you don't like how they have done something. Either take the game as it is (which is pure freaking awesomeness) or leave it alone!!! Thanks for reading!!!

EDIT:
Here are a few snapshots I took of the new figures and the figures/merchandise I received at the Expo. I am also going to post a link to a photostream of every photo I took at the expo if you would like to look through them (https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A15nhQSTKZfcV)there are roughly 500 or so photos. I am also going to load the videos I have to YouTube and when I do I will edit this post again with the link to my channel.

“Laughter is America’s most important export.” -Walt Disney

rank_500
CueLannoo
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Re: My D23 Final Note

Postby Wayworn » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:21 am

Thanks for sharing Cue!

rank_100
Wayworn
PSN ID:

Postby CueLannoo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:21 am

No problem
“Laughter is America’s most important export.” -Walt Disney

rank_500
CueLannoo
XBL ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:34 am

My only problem with the game is no WIR Playset, but I found a solution to that.
Great post Cue!
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby DisneyMania » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Great Post Cue - Sounds like you had a great time - have a save flight! :)

rank_500
DisneyMania
XBL ID:

Postby Rapunzel. » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Awesome! Can't wait for the pics and videos!
"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.
Main Console: Wii U

Postby axltk421 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Great post - sounds like you had a fantastic time... and getting to see Sherman and Menken on the same stage... Outstanding! Everyone sharing their experience has been great... next best think for those of us who couldn't be there. Cheers!
Remember, this all started with a Mouse.

rank_100
axltk421

Postby Zurg » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks for sharing! The animation app does intrigue me a bit.

rank_50
Zurg
Main Console: PS3

Postby kslush1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:31 pm

The Animated App is AMAZING! Pure genius and so much hardwork was put into it! Every animation buff needs this app.

rank_100
kslush1
Main Console: PS3

Next

Return to Disney miscellaneous