D23 Expo 2015

D23 Expo 2015

Postby CueLannoo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:26 pm

So as PirateSteven announced the D23 Expo will be in Anaheim on August 14-16 2015. And I thought it be cool to see what you guys were hoping would be covered/featured at this Expo. Last year the highlight for me was definitely the Richard Sherman/Alan Menken concert! I also had the privilege of seeing Idina Menzel sing "Let it Go" well before the movie was released and anyone knew how popular that song was going to be! And of course the final character reveals for DI (Along with receiving our exclusive Sorcerer Mickey!) So what do you think will happen this year? What celebrities do you think we will see? What do you want them to cover? And do you plan on going?

I personally really want to return! I met so many GREAT people at the expo! Including quite a few from this very forum. So hopefully it's in the cards for me to return and hopefully DI has a larger presence as well as DIFF!
“Laughter is America’s most important export.” -Walt Disney

rank_500
CueLannoo
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Re: D23 Expo 2015

Postby Sheriff Woody » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:23 pm

seriously, 2 posts in and so far off topic it is beyond belief.

several random off topic comments have been deleted from this topic. please stay on topic.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Hoping to go if I can afford it! Even coming from close to Sacramento is expensive....
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby CueLannoo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:01 pm

Yea I'm looking to fly from Louisiana. But if I find out that they will have Star Wars coverage I will be begging the wife to head out there! But I would love to hear more about Marvel and Star Wars movies as well as maybe another D23 variant in the works for DI2?!

rank_500
CueLannoo
XBL ID:

Postby Djali » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Is the D23 Expo every two years? I had no idea, I thought it was an annual thing. It's like the Olympics, like the Disney Olympics. :)

Financially, we can't really plan that far in advance. It would be fun to go, especially to pick up the D23-specific variant (which I'm sure they'll have again). Do they ever talk about changes being made to the parks at this con? I'd be super interested in that. Panels on engineering dark rides or line management - I could listen to that kind of talk all day.

rank_50
Djali

D23 Expo 2015

Postby CueLannoo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:52 am

Yes the expo is every two years. It has always been in Anaheim California at Disneyland. They cover ALL things Disney! From games, TV (including ABC & ESPN), live action movies (including Marvel & Star Wars) as well as animated movies, and parks too. Legendary disney personalities are there including imagineers! Last year I met Tony Baxter & Marty Sklar.

rank_500
CueLannoo
XBL ID:

Postby Avenger222 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:17 am

i'll try to get a membership and go! if they have star wars there for the possible 3.0, i'd die for a boba fett.

rank_100
Avenger222
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:34 pm

I will be going all 3 days. I've gone to the last 2 expos. This last year was alot more busier than the previous. All the exclusive merchandise goes so fast that you have to be there early! I will be there camping out with all the other people. I'm debating on whether or not to wear a costume this year and if so if i should do a costume for each day. :lol:

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SketchFox7 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:30 pm

As of right now, I'm planning on going all three days, went on just Sunday last year for DI event and was definitely glad I did! Especially with the presence I expect Star Wars (imo Star Wars is going to be the big "star" of the show this year) & Marvel Phase 3 to have along with all of the animated goodness I won't be able to miss out. I'm fully expecting DI3.0 to have a presence and us getting a figure (I'm betting on a Vader figure, maybe with a translucent red lightsaber where as retail will have an opaque red one, some small difference like Mickey had). I'm very much hoping to hear about Incredibles 2 the most, also "The Name Game," the rumored Rumpelstiltskin movie that's said to possibly be 2D animated (also Wreck-It Ralph 2). I'm hoping to work for Disney some day, so I have to go to as many of these as I can and take notes! Also next year is Disneyland's 60th Birthday which today they've christened their "Diamond Celebration" so next year is going to be quite the year for Disney, I look forward to D23!
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Next

Return to Disney miscellaneous