How to Train Your Dragon (Movie and Cartoon series)

family friendly movies and tv that are not Disney related

Re: How to Train Your Dragon (Movie and Cartoon series)

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:46 am

Hiccup and Toothless fly into theaters TOMORROW!

Soccer fever is taking over the world, and the dragons of Berk want to get in on the action!

'How to Train Your Dragon 2' Clip: First Look at an Alpha Dragon in Action

Yahoo! Movies
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Catch Hiccup, Toothless, and the rest of the Vikings in How to Train Your Dragon 2, NOW PLAYING in theaters!

How to Train Your Dragon 2 is NOW PLAYING in theaters!

It's official! How to Train Your Dragon has been certified fresh by Rotten Tomatoes! And Rolling Stone says it's "a high-flying wonder to behold."

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:48 am

I saw How to Train Your Dragon 2 last weekend and I loved it! Pretty much better and as good as the first one! :mrgreen:

Weekend Report: 'Jump Street' Sequel Scores, 'Dragon' Disappoints

As expected, highly-anticipated sequels 22 Jump Street and How to Train Your Dragon 2 took the top two spots at the box office this weekend. It came as quite the surprise, though, that the R-rated comedy easily took first place ahead of the DreamWorks Animation movie.

In second place, DreamWorks Animation's How to Train Your Dragon 2 opened to $49.5 million. That's an improvement over the first movie's $43.7 million, though it's far from the type of gain expected given the fact that the first Dragon is only of the most beloved animated movies of the past decade. It's also the first June animated release to fall short of $60 million since Ratatouille opened to $47 million back in 2007.

There are likely a few reasons behind Dragon's lackluster debut. First, the movie's marketing positioned it as a dramatic action/adventure, while only hinting at the movie's humor. Historically, the most successful animated movies put laughs first and story second. This calls to mind action-heavy DreamWorks Animation sequel Kung Fu Panda 2, which was unable to leverage goodwill from the first movie in to any kind of sequel bump (it ultimately earned much less than its predecessor).

Another factor is the four-year gap between movies. While audiences loved the first movie at the time, the excitement has surely died down a bit during the long wait. The brand did stay active during that time thanks to the DreamWorks' Dragons show, though that also may have reduced the must-see factor for the big-screen follow-up (if you're seeing these characters for free on TV, is the movie worth the ticket price?).

Dragon's audience was 53 percent female and 56 percent under the age of 25. They awarded it a strong "A" CinemaScore. The movie faces very little competition for the remainder of Summer, and will certainly hold up well in the long run. It's unlikely, though, that it comes anywhere close to matching its predecessor's $218 million.

Around-the-World Roundup

Coinciding with its domestic debut, How to Train Your Dragon 2 opened in a handful of international markets this weekend. Including some minor debuts last weekend, the movie has earned $26.1 million so far. It had a huge $12.8 million debut in Russia, and had the biggest animated opening ever in Malaysia ($2.3 million) and Singapore ($1.7 million). It also had the second-biggest animated opening in the Philippines ($1.9 million) and India ($1.2 million). Next weekend, it expands to 28 additional markets including Australia, Brazil and Mexico, and should ultimately have no trouble out-grossing its predecessor ($277 million).

Source: Box Office Mojo

Like mother, like son! What was your favorite scene in How to Train Your Dragon 2?

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:58 am

Can you remember why Hiccup jokingly called the island “Itchy Armpit?”

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby Agent C » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:56 am

I thought this was pretty good. I liked the first one better, but this is still my favorite of the Dreamworks series.

rank_500
Agent C
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby The Scientist » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Hello, I'm coming in from the HTTYD fandom. The first movie was (in my opinion) the best movie ever made, the second was still good it easily made up for the long wait.
On an Orbital Fortress in between the earth and the moon.

rank_50
The Scientist

Postby CCRunner524 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:49 pm

I loved both movies and the tv series. I don't know why then 2nd movie had such a slow opening. I hope that wont deter them from making a HTTYD 3.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:58 am

^There's still gonna be HTTYD3. :)

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:59 am

I'll have to post when I see the movie. My brother wants me to see it with him.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to other movies and tv