Despicable Me

family friendly movies and tv that are not Disney related

Despicable Me

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:06 pm

The Minions Movie Moves To Summer 2015

I have some bad news for fans of the dumb little yellow helpers known as Minions from the Despicable Me franchise. While it was originally announced that the characters would be getting their own spin-off movie in December 2014, today it's been revealed that the title has been pushed back more than half a year. According to Box Office Mojo, Universal Pictures have bumped their previously announced Untitled Illumination Entertainment 2015 Project to February 12, 2016 and have moved Minions to July 10, 2015.

While 2015 is set to be a big year for live-action blockbusters, with movies like The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Batman vs. Superman, Jurassic World, Bond 24, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 and more scheduled to come out, but it's also set to be a big year for animation. Prior to Minions joining the line-up the calendar already included SpongeBob SquarePants 2, The Penguins of Madagascar, B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations, Inside Out, Hotel Transylvania 2, Kung Fu Panda 3 and the recently added The Good Dinosaur (which replaced Finding Dory, which has been pushed back to 2016).

Previous reports have said that the movie will be set all the way back in the 1960s - long before the minions teamed up with Steve Carell's Gru. The story will follow three of the little yellow guys as they search for a new master to serve. They wind up working for a supervillain named Scarlet Overkill (who will be voiced by Sandra Bullock) and her husband Herb Overkill (voiced by Jon Hamm). Kyle Balda and Pierre Coffin are serving as directors on the film, while Brian Lynch, who previously scripted the direct to video Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem 3D as well as the live-action/animation hybrid Easter Bunny movie Hop, is handing the screenplay.

Even though the minions have proven to be insanely popular among young audiences, moving the film into July 2015 is similar to diving into a shark tank. While it currently doesn't have any competition on the July 10th weekend, the week before it will see the release of both Terminator and Independence Day 2, while the week later will see the theatrical premiere of the aforementioned Batman vs. Superman. It's entirely possible that all of these movies will just end up trampling each other and that nobody will end up a winner, but we won't know if that will be the case for another 22 months.

Source: Cinema Blend
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Re: Despicable Me and Minions (Franchise General)

Postby infinityadvanced » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:46 pm

^That's a lot of movies

rank_250
infinityadvanced
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Despicable Me (Franchise General)

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:05 pm

It's gonna be one big year in 2015. B-)

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby Minions4Ever » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:15 am

Sorry this is a late post, but I just hope the Minions give Universal Studios as much money (maybe even more) when it premieres. I fell in love with them two weeks before Christmas last year and I'm guessing being wild about them and wanting to collect toys and plushes of the minions (even wanting to play Minion Rush someday) is what they'd call "Minion Madness," right? If you look on my "Despicable Me Moments" forum, I have some info on where Gru comes in. Well, he's assigned to stop Scarlet Overkill from destroying the world (or something). Just look on my forum. It's there (the storyline).
Edith: Can I drink this? Dr. Nefario: Do you want to explode?

rank_0
Minions4Ever

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:12 pm

^Nice B-)

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Despicable Me 3 then arrives on June 30, 2017 from the team who brought you Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2. No specific details have been revealed outside the fact that the film will follow the adventures of Gru, Lucy, their adorable daughters Margo, Edith and Agnes, and the Minions.

Source: ComingSoon.net

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:46 pm

Thank you! I've been wondering about a 3rd film! Let's hope Its better than both the first movie and second movie combined!
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Chewbacca » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:14 am

We watch this in health class if we don't play in the gym sometimes
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
NN ID:

Postby LadyBaconus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:18 am

I'll be spending a good chunk of my life in movie theaters come 2015 :)
The maximum number of allowed characters is 77

rank_0
LadyBaconus
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Next

Return to other movies and tv