Rio (Animated movie series)

family friendly movies and tv that are not Disney related

Rio (Animated movie series)

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:40 pm

"RIO 2" Official Teaser Trailer

"RIO 2" Official Teaser Trailer 2

Sneak Peek: In 'Rio 2,' love is not just for the birds

It's hard out there for macaws: a growing family, re-discovered in-laws and all kinds of new baddies beckon. All is revealed in this first look of the 3-D animated "Rio 2" opening April 2014.

The most unlikely rare-bird couple alive now has company.

In 2011's lushly animated hit Rio, domesticated macaw Blu (Jesse Eisenberg) and his wild same-species blind date Jewel (Anne Hathaway) hit it off and sent box-office sparks flying. Now, the birds — and the bees — have really kicked in for the 3-D sequel Rio 2 (due out April 11).

The couple has three grown macaw children and has to deal with the discovery of unexpected relatives — a problem that plagues the avian world as much as it does humans. To boot, there are new villains aiming to do some fowl damage on the clan.

"Isn't there usually someone to spoil any party?" asks Kristin Chenoweth, who voices Gabi the poisonous frog. "We all have those people in our lives that just get in the way."

It's a shame since Rio 2 starts off as a happy multi-species couples-fest. Blu has joined Jewel at a beautiful rare-bird reserve in Rio de Janeiro, and the couple has started a family consisting of eldest bird Carla ( voiced by X Factor standout Rachel Crow), brainy Bia (Hunger Games star Amandla Stenberg) and young boy Tiago (Looper's Pierce Gagnon).

Little relationship annoyances, such as Blu's continued un-macaw-like insistence on making pancakes for the kids, are no big deal. Blu's former human owner Linda (Leslie Mann) has also moved from her cozy home in Minnesota to the reserve to be with the hunky wildlife preservationist Tulio (Rodrigo Santoro).

But the idyllic life gets disrupted when Jewel discovers that her long-lost father and his clan have been discovered hiding in the Amazon rain forest, where their habitat is under threat.

"So there's a big adventure to the Amazon," says Brazilian director and Carlos Saldanha. "It's very much a journey for Blu and Jewel's family. Feathers do get ruffled."

Part of the issue is that Jewel's relatives, led by radical patriarch Eduardo (voiced by Andy Garcia), don't trust humans — no matter how well-meaning. And Eduardo doesn't accept the domesticated Blu, even if the former house bird has learned to fly.

There's also Jewel's suave ex-boyfriend Roberto (Bruno Mars), who stirs up Blu's jealousy.

"Most of the sparks between the former couple are imagined through Blu's eyes," says Saldanha. "It's a little paranoia."

Threats are very real, however, from the deadly Nigel, the sadistic sulphur-crested cockatoo (Jemaine Clement). Defeated in the original film, Nigel is bent on revenge against the macaw family. "He's better and badder than ever," says Saldanha. "He's a delicious villain."

Nigel enlists the help of a non-speaking anteater called Charlie and Gabi the frog, who is besotted with the tuft-heavy cockatoo. Chenoweth insists her poisonous character is not bad, just a little "misunderstood" and emotionally vulnerable.

"Have you ever been in love before? Have you ever done something in the name of love you maybe wished you hadn't? That's my little Gabi," she says.

In the tradition of Rio's Oscar-nominated song, Real in Rio, the Nigel-Gabi pairing allows Chenoweth and Clement to sing together. The Broadway veteran calls the result "magic."

"I will say it and stand by it, this is the best song by a poisonous frog ever," says Chenoweth. "People love a song about heartbreak. Has it ever been told from the viewpoint of a female poisonous frog? I don't think so."

Source: USA Today

Official stills

Image Image Image Image Image Image
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Re: Rio (Animated movie series)

Postby crazybirdman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:52 pm

does every animated movie have to be a series?

rank_250
crazybirdman

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:12 pm

^It depends on certain movies. I just want to combine between Rio (2011) and Rio 2 (2014) so that the members on Disney Infinity Fans Forums won't have to do a separate topic on the respective movies.

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby crazybirdman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:48 pm

I mean do they all need a sequel, or several sequels?

rank_250
crazybirdman

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:52 pm

^It depends on the success at the box office for those films especially Rio along with how the audiences liked it that they pretty much want a sequel. Same thing goes with How to Train Your Dragon. So yeah, that's why.

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby KillingRaptor » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:01 am

I really didn't like the movie, so I'll be skipping this for sure. :lol:
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby infinityadvanced » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:50 am

^why it's a good moive

rank_250
infinityadvanced
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:46 pm

Official Trailer - Rio 2

:mrgreen:

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:00 pm

Two new UK posters for Rio 2 :)

Image Image

Full UK trailer for Rio 2 is here: Yahoo! Movies UK

Rio 2 releases in theatres in the UK April 4, 2014. :)

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Next

Return to other movies and tv