"With great power comes great responsibility!" Quoted by Uncle Ben

rank_500
Spider-Man
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID: WhoAteMyToilet
Disney ID: inf10923294

Re: Captain America

Postby Stitch » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:14 pm

Considering the actor of Pietro is signed on for multiple more movies from Marvel, I would say there is a high chance he will be making a return.
Keeping in mind, of course, that being signed on for a certain amount of Marvel movies only means that they are obligated to do movies until they reach that number, and it doesn't always mean they will do all of the movies that are on their contract. Basically meaning, it is there just in case Marvel wants them back, but Marvel is not 100% having an actor back to the movies just because they are signed on for more on their contract.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:02 am

Exclusive: We Know When You’ll See the ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer

A rumor is making the rounds today that the first trailer for Marvel Studios’ highly anticipated Winter Soldier sequel Captain America: Civil War will arrive not in a few months, but next weekend attached to screenings of Spectre. As if this rumor didn’t obviously fail the sniff test, we can confirm that the Civil War trailer is not coming next weekend. After all, why would Disney waste such a massive debut opportunity at the beginning of November, attached to a decidedly non-Disney film? With its absolutely stacked ensemble (nearly every Avenger at least makes an appearance, plus a bevy of supporting MCU players), Civil War is primed to be one of the biggest moviegoing events of 2016. No way Disney launches its marketing campaign at such a random time, attached to a James Bond movie no less.

So when will we see the first trailer for Captain America: Civil War, then? Well it’s pretty obvious, but sources are telling us that the first look at the film will be attached to Star Wars: The Force Awakens on opening weekend. Of course. This is the kind of debut you want if you’re Disney—attach the trailer for your biggest 2016 release in front of your biggest 2015 release. The amount of people that will be seeing The Force Awakens opening weekend (and for many more weekends after that) is going to be massive, guaranteeing the biggest possible audience for Disney to introduce Captain America: Civil War to the world at large.

Source: Collider
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Official teaser poster of Captain America: Civil War :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Two other new posters for Captain America: Civil War :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Image Image

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:34 am

'Captain America: Civil War' Trailer Hits Record 61 Million Views on First Day
It is the most viewed debut trailer of all time, and the most for any Marvel title.

Captain America: Civil War is raking in a huge amount of views.

The trailer for the superhero crossover movie racked up 61 million global views in 24 hours, the largest number for a debut trailer, Marvel announced Monday. As a way of comparison, the first teaser trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was the previous record holder with 55 million views.

The second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer garnered 112 million views in its first 24 hours in October.

The Captain America: Civil War trailer also marks the most viewed trailer for a Marvel film, the studio said. It almost doubled the previous record-breaker, Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer, which debuted with 34 million views in 2014.

The Civil War trailer was introduced by Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! last Tuesday night.

Captain America: Civil War is due out in theaters May 6.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

This Week's Cover: The good fight goes bad in
Captain America: Civil War

They’ve quarreled a lot in the past, but this dispute is far from “Who picks up the lunch tab at the shawarma place?”

This time, Captain America and Iron Man are battling over who has power over the superpowered.

In the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, we take you behind the scenes of the airport clash between two landmark heroes in Marvel’s upcoming Captain America: Civil War, as the forces aligned with Chris Evans’s red, white, and blue supersoldier turn against those allied with Robert Downey Jr.’s armor-plated genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist.

Cap stands for independence from anyone’s control and following your own sense of right and wrong, while Iron Man, regretful over the chaos he unleashed in Avengers: Age of Ultron, supports with the governments trying to impose control over those who say they only mean well.

“In most of the movies, there’s no question who we should be siding with,” Evans says. “We all agree Nazis are bad, aliens from space are bad. But this movie’s the first time where you really have two points of view. It becomes a question of morality and I don’t think [Cap] has ever been so uncertain with what right and wrong is.”

EW also explores a new character fans have been clamoring to see for a long time: Chadwick Boseman’s fearsome Black Panther, the historic first black superhero in the Marvel Comics canon whose allegiance in the film is sought by both sides.

What are the teams in the May 6 action-adventure? We’ll tell you who lines up on which side – including a few not glimpsed in last week’s trailer.

We’ll also answer another burning fan question: Just which characters are in this movie – and which ones are definitely sitting out the fight?

In the print edition, Boseman also explores the details of Black Panther’s intimidating costume, from the eyes to the claws, and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige walks us through the connection between the birth of the MCU and the publication of the 2006-07 Mark Millar-scripted comic series that inspired this movie, the 13th since Nick Fury informed Tony Stark: “You’ve become part of a bigger universe. You just don’t know it yet.”

Source: Entertainment Weekly

Black Panther: Meet Marvel's fearsome warrior from Captain America: Civil War
The history-making first black superhero arrives onscreen.

Read full article here

Robert Downey Jr. on the politics of Iron Man in Captain America: Civil War
'I wholeheartedly agree with what he does in this.'

Read full article here

Captain America: Civil War star Scarlett Johansson on the scrutiny of Black Widow

This scene is set an an international intelligence operations center, with Sharon Carter (Emily VanCamp), in the background with Anthony Mackie's Falcon and Chris Evans' Captain America, and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) on opposite sides of the glass. Carter, whose relation to his World War II flame Peggy Carter hasn't been established yet in the films, became a love interest for Cap in the comics. "I think he's looking," Evan says. "You know, I think he's certainly open to it. Sharon is obviously relevant, but ... we don’t have to tie it up in one movie. So they have time."

Black Widow never has it easy.

Onscreen, Natasha Romanov has an agonizing backstory and is working like hell to do enough good to erase the red from her moral ledger, redeeming a history of bad deeds that we are only allowed to imagine with acts of heroism that defy belief.

Offscreen, much of what Scarlett Johansson’s character does is scrutinized through the lens of gender politics. As one of the few female protagonists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (until recently), some view her not just as an individual character but as a representative for all womankind. That’s heavy lifting even for a superhero.

Amid accusations that her story arc in Avengers: Age of Ultron was stereotyped and offensive — because, like Tony Stark, she expressed a desire to step back from saving the world (and maybe find someone in it to love, and love her back) — Black Widow became a lightning rod.

Some accused writer-director Joss Whedon of sexism for a storyline that involved Widow developing romantic feelings for Mark Ruffalo’s Bruce Banner in the comic-book version of the Beauty and the Beast folktale. Others were outraged that Widow expressed regret over the juvenile assassin program that forced her to be sterilized. Still others took offense at that complaint, saying the desire to have a family doesn’t mean a woman can’t have a career (beating the hell out of evildoers, or otherwise).

NPR’s pop culture critic Linda Holmes astutely noted that even if you swapped out Widow’s story in Ultron with the arcs of any of her male co-Avengers, each would still “raise questions of whether the story was influenced by gender stereotypes.” If she was Iron Man, she’d be the problem-causer. If she was Captain America, she’d be the uptight one. If she was Hulk, she’d have out-of-control emotions. And so on …

Add to that the scarcity of Black Widow toys, which caused universal uproar, even from Ruffalo, who tweeted about the need for Marvel merchandising to do a better job of inviting young girls to play in this universe, and Natasha Romanov starts to emerge not just as a warrior but a battlefield.

Which brings us to Captain America: Civil War. Where does Natasha’s fifth appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe find her?

This time, she’s on the side of order, aligning — at least for a while — with Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man in trying to get Captain America to honor the global Sokovia Accords that force “enhanced individuals” to operate under government control.

In one scene EW watched being filmed this summer, she and Tony Stark have a quiet moment after being given an ultimatum to bring down the rogue Cap — or else the U.S. government will do it in permanent fashion.

Stark rubs at the center of his chest, where his ARC reactor was once embedded. “You know the problem with a fully functional heart…? It’s stressful,” he tells Natasha.

She’s all business: “We are painfully understaffed.”

“It’d be pretty awesome if we had a Hulk,” he tells her.

But they don’t. And Widow, still harboring feelings for Bruce Banner, who was last seen venturing off into self-imposed isolation in the Avengers’ Quinjet — knows that better than anyone.

During a break in filming, we caught up with Johansson, and asked what she thinks of the tug-of-war over her character.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Where is Natasha’s head these days? In what state do we find her after the events of Age of Ultron?
SCARLET JOHANSSON: My gosh, this is like a therapy session! When we last saw her I think the stakes were astronomical. And she basically had to make this choice between [duty] and what she probably deserves. I think up until this point, she has put the hours in and is ready for…

To be, or not to be, an Avenger?
[Laughs] You know, I don’t think she’s ever aspired to become an Avenger. That’s not really a choice that she made. It’s kind of like the events in her life led her to that point and when we see her [in Civil War], she’s finally capable of making a choice for herself. Which is kind of a milestone in someone’s life when they’ve not really participated in the decisions that were made for them. She’s finally at a place where she’s going, “Okay, I actually kind of know what I want. And I think I kind of deserve it.”

But she’s still in the fight. So is that what she wants?
Unfortunately the events that took place … she has this kind of greater calling and this huge pull towards doing what’s right for the greater good. And she chooses that, and it’s a really heroic thing that she does, I think.

Widow appeared to be leading the team of new Avengers we saw at the end of Ultron, gathered at their headquarters.
Yeah, I don’t know if she’s leading this team but she’s certainly, she’s — I think Natasha’s a very strategic thinker and that’s her strongpoint. Her superpowers, if you want to call them that, are her experience, her ability to make usually the right decision in a quick moment, in a tight minute. And she’s not personally invested. I mean, that’s what she tells herself anyway. And so that keeps her head kind of level and clear.

She seems to be leaning strongly toward Iron Man’s side of things.
I think when you find her in Civil War, she’s looking to strategize her position, putting herself in a place where she is able to let the powers that be fight it out or whatever amongst themselves. She’s always a little bit on the perimeter so she can have a better perspective of what’s really going on.

Divide and conquer?
She’s never been one to divide and conquer. I don’t think that’s her. She’s seen that and it never works. She would see this as a kind of, it’s more complicated than picking sides, you know?

In the scenes you shot today, is she angry at Cap over what he’s done, the way Tony is?
You know, I think she understands where everyone is coming from. And none of it really matters to her, you know? There’s a bigger problem at hand and she’s, I think, strangely, kind of the mediator. Which is not exactly how you would imagine her to be. But I think she really does see both sides of the coin and I think her strength is that she’s not personally involved.

Kind of like that party scene in Ultron where she doesn’t feel the need to demonstrate strength or purity by trying to lift Thor’s hammer? She’s not out to prove anything to others?
[Laughs] Yeah, I think she knows what her strengths are, and I think she has the ability to be a leader of sorts, but she works well in a team.

How did Bruce Banner going away at the end of the last movie leave her feeling, after she reached out to him and he turned her away — then ran away?
I imagine that there are a couple of ways you could respond to that. Maybe you want to call it abandonment or whatever it is, exactly. Vulnerability, rejection. I think that you can turn inward and be very hurt and bitter and that would have been an easier choice. But she understands that Banner did what he had to do. Certainly she’s not going to be the person to chastise someone who’s not ready to open up. I don’t think she’s taking it personally.

Is she kind of like, “Hey, your loss?”
I don’t think even it’s that. I think she’s just, it’s not the right time. It’s one of those things where you think of the person with a lot of fondness. You keep that in a warm place in your heart for them. It would have been very easy for us to take that and turn it into bitterness in this film and have her be reactive. But that would be out of character, I think.

Will that storyline continue?
I don’t know. There is little room for romance in Civil War; I think there is a lot going on that doesn’t really involve big heart-to-hearts. I mean it’s certainly in there and there’s references to it. But this is not the opportunity for us to explore the Widow’s deep, personal backstory.

What do you hope for the character as the Marvel Cinematic Universe keeps expanding?
My hope for the Widow is, we’ve certainly grown from film to film. We’re building these different layers of her character. And seeing her, I think we’ve kind of grown together. She’s very capable — and I think she’s emotionally capable. I think you’ll see her coming into her own in this story.

Do you get much input into what she does and what she says?
Of course. And what her motivation is for making the decisions that she does. I had a lot of conversations with Joss about what she sees in Banner. Or why is she, at this point in her life, able to be open in this way? We both followed that storyline with a lot of confidence that it was the right arc for my character up until that point.

What are your feelings about the scrutiny Widow’s stories get?
You know, I’m happy that people scrutinize the Widow’s storylines and care about it and are invested. I’d much rather it be like that than have a kind of “meh” reaction. For me to have people say that would be, ouch, you know? Everything that I’ve done with the Widow, to me makes sense. It’s in line with active decisions that I’ve made for the character. I’ve been able to develop this character very closely with Joss and [Civil War directors Joe and Anthony Russo].

So when people get fired up, you’re like, all right, we pushed some buttons?
Yes, of course! That’s better than the mediocre reaction, definitely. We expect that. The character is so beloved. You can only hope that people are going have opinions about it, you know? She somehow ends up always on top, even if you’re not always in agreement with how she gets there.

'Captain America: Civil War': 9 exclusive EW looks at the superhero showdown

In a scene from the trailer, Cap uses his supersoldier strength to grab on to the edge of a building and prevent a helicopter from escaping. (We don’t know who’s inside it, or why he can’t let it leave.) The governments of the world are up in arms over self-appointed superheroes causing havoc, and crashing this helicopter is exactly the kind of thing that makes Cap an outlaw. “We’ve saved the world but we also caused so much damage and cost lives and there are some people who think the collateral damage isn’t worth it,” Evans says.

There's a lot of pent-up animosity between Cap and Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man, but it all explodes out into the open over Cap's decision to protect his old friend Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan), who has apparently been deprogrammed as the assassin The Winter Soldier. "They do respect each other but they’re just very different men," Evans says of Cap and Iron Man. "You do have those moments of connection, like at the end of Age of Ultron when I say, 'I will miss you, Tony.' There is a love and respect there ... and that’s what makes this so tragic."

It's a Captain America movie, not an Iron Man movie – but Tony Stark looms large throughout this third "solo" installment in the Steve Rogers story. "It just hit me yesterday, now that we’re six weeks in, that they were actually over his shoulder coming out of the elevator, not over my shoulder watching him come out of the elevator," Downey says during EW's set visit. "I was like, oh, that’s right, it’s his point of view." Evans says he'll happily return the favor if there's ever an Iron Man 4: "I’d be happy to be in an Iron Man movie. We've been in so many movies together, the titles are almost, at this point, inconsequential. We all win!"

“I love our scenes together because I do think they feel a sense of responsibility. I think they’re both very selfless people,” Evans says of Captain America and Black Panther. “They want the right thing, no one’s irrational, no one has an inflated ego.” (That’s got to be a dig at Iron Man, by the way.) “They’re family-first people,” Evans says. “I think outside of the suits we’d be friends, Steve and T’Challa.”

Civil War will answer this question about Cap's old friend, turned foe, turned ... something else: "What have we gotten as a result of Bucky and the Winter Soldier," says actor Sebastian Stan, who plays the robotic-armed assassin. "Here’s the guy when you merge the two. This is what came out. You know, he’s not entirely... to me it’s never really going to be Bucky Barnes again." (More on that Friday at EW.com.)

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:26 am

Spider-Man's Costume In Captain America: Civil War Requires Special Effects

The site, Super Interessante, began by mentioning the rumors of multiple Spider-Man costumes in Captain America: Civil War and wondered what Russo could say on the matter. "Well, we researched a lot and do a lot of experiments for all the characters. We did the same with Spider-Man," Russo offered. "We knew it had to be someone young, it was very important because we wanted to give this essence to the character, it is something unique in the Marvel Universe. Tom Holland is an amazing Spider-Man, people will love it. It was a very experimental process, placing it with other actors, especially with Downey Jr., we were learning as we did and are very happy with the result. But we are still working on some things, like the uniform. He's not ready because so much will be produced with special effects."

Civil War is loosely-based on Mark Millar's comic book mini-series. The Russo brothers had to change things up quite a bit but wanted to capture the essence of Millar's work. One small element from that story arc is that Tony Stark provides Peter Parker with a red-and-gold Spider-Man costume. Will we see a version of it in the film? "The film will show a mix of what everyone is waiting for and a little twist," Russo said. "So yeah, that's what I can tell."

Source: ComicBook.com

Spider-Man Was Always Part Of The Captain America: Civil War Plan

"From the second that we had the idea that we were gonna do Civil War, Spider-Man was a part of the plan. A part of the story," Anthony Russo began. "It was a very complicated business arrangement for Marvel Studios to be able to use Spider-Man from Sony studios. So we were always told by Marvel, ‘Well, don’t count on it, you may not get to use Spider-Man, you may not get to use Spider-Man, you better have a plan B.’ We were like, ‘Okay, we get it we have a plan B, we’ll figure the movie out if we don’t get Spider-Man,’ but the truth is we never had a plan B. We only ever envisioned the movie with Spider-Man. He was always a part of the story. It was very important to us to re-introduce the character. We cast him young. Tom Holland’s a young actor, a teen himself. We really like playing to that nature of the character and we think it makes him very special in the universe of the Marvel characters."

He wouldn't share many details about the new take on the character outside of that, but he did say, "People are really going to love Spider-Man in this film."

However, he also added that it'll be Spider-Man and his other insect-themed hero who will provide the comic relief of Civil War. When asked where most of Civil War's lighthearted and comedic moments will come from, Russo responded, "It would be characters like Spider-Man, Ant-Man, who enter the story a little later."

Brand new stills from Captain America: Civil War :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:54 am

More promo art from Captain America: Civil War :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Image Image Image Image

Emily VanCamp Teases 'Captain America' Love Story and Epic 'Civil War' Fight Scenes

Emily VanCamp is set to return as Sharon Carter in the first film of Marvel’s upcoming Phase Three, Captain America: Civil War, and while she can’t reveal too much about the upcoming Avengers showdown between Captain America (Chris Evans) and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), it’s pretty clear whose side she’s on!

“She’s definitely Team Captain America,” VanCamp said of the conflict when she stopped by the ET offices on Tuesday. “That’s who she is within the universe, I mean, she’s always had his back.”

Sharon even gets to hop in on the front lines and do some fighting in Civil War, the 29-year-old actress revealed. “I got to do a small fight sequence with Scarlett [Johansson] which was fun,” she said. “We’re all just kind of kicking ass in those movies.”

In the comic books, Sharon and Captain America -- who VanCamp says have “similar moral compasses” -- have something of a romantic history, which is complicated slightly by the fact that she is canonically the niece of “Agent” Peggy Carter (whom Cap romanced back in his pre-serum days). But will that romance ever play out in the Marvel cinematic universe?

“That’s where it all gets really tricky,” the actress admits, “because there are die-hard fans that want to see him with different people. There’s all the different camps, so hopefully people are happy with it.”

Another divisive element in the Marvel fandom is the central conflict of Civil War, which pits the former Avengers teammates against one another. VanCamp says even she was anxious to see how the battle played out.

“I sort of wondered, before I read the script, how that was going to pan out,” she admits. “But you really do understand and sort of see both sides of it. I think it was really well done.”

Source: Entertainment Tonight

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:36 am

Official Marvel's 'Captain America: Civil War' Synopsis Divides Heroes

Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” finds Steve Rogers leading the newly formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability, headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability.

Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” stars Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Emily VanCamp, Don Cheadle, Jeremy Renner, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Rudd and Frank Grillo, with William Hurt and Daniel Brühl.

Anthony & Joe Russo are directing with Kevin Feige producing. Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Victoria Alonso, Patricia Whitcher, Nate Moore and Stan Lee are the executive producers. The screenplay is by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely. Get ready to pick a side and join the nonstop action playing out on two fronts when Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” opens in U.S. theaters on May 6, 2016.

Source: Marvel

Captain America: Civil War Directors Talk Making Spider-Man Contemporary In The Film

Captain America: Civil War will be the first film to introduce Spider-Man to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film's co-directors, Anthony and Joe Russo, took part in an interview in which the former discussed how they went about making the ol'webhead fresh again in a modern world.

"It was very important for us, we go young with the character," Anthony explained, "because what we love about Spider-Man is that he's a high school student. That's part of his vulnerability. And it is what makes him special in the Marvel universe. It's very unique. So we wanted to play with that aspect of the character. When we were thinking it about it, we wanted to say, 'Who is Spider-Man today?' Sometimes when you get interpretations of Spider-Man they are very nostalgic, the origins of the character. Sometimes there is an old-fashion patina to the tone of who Spider-Man is. We wanted to think about: Who is Spider-Man today? If he lived in Queens today: what would his life be like? What's the texture of his life like? What's the texture of his relationship with his Aunt [May] like, who he lives with. How can we make the relationship and the character very contemporary? That was our goal with the character. While also making him very young and true to his high school nature."

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:26 am

Russo Brothers Tease The Vision's Role In Captain America: Civil War

In Mark Millar's Civil War comic book mini-series, Marvel characters were either for or against the Superhero Registration Act. In Captain America: Civil War, they are either for or against the Sokovia Accords, which states: Superheroes "shall no longer operate freely or unregulated, but instead operate under the rules, ordinances and governances of the afore mentioned United Nations panel, acting only when and if the panel deems it appropriate and/or necessary."

In the comics, Vision rebelled against the SHRA, siding with Captain America, and played a important role in the climactic battle against Iron Man and his backers. But in the film, Vision will side with Iron Man. Why? We don't know yet. Perhaps, the part of the JARVIS A.I. that courses through his wiring makes him lean toward Tony Stark. Or, perhaps he just believes superheroes need some government supervision to keep them in check.

Sina Entertainment chatted with the Captain America: Civil War directors, Anthony and Joe Russo, and they were asked if the red-skinned android plays a big part in the film. The question produced a tantalizing response. "Vision is a captivating character, and he does play a critical role in the Civil War," Joe Russo told Sina Entertainment. "The comic fans might be able to guess what he is going to do."

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

PreviousNext

Return to other movies and tv