Despicable Me Moments

family friendly movies and tv that are not Disney related

Despicable Me Moments

Postby Minions4Ever » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:28 am

About a month ago, I saw Despicable Me 2 on my brother's laptop and a while into the film (at the point in the film where Phil- the maid Minion- checks the door), my parents came home and wanted to watch a movie. So the next day, I watched until the part where Lucy was on the plane near the end, and my niece and nephew came over to watch it. So now, I have an obsession over the minions. After seeing the first film three more times after it aired on a channel only available with On Demand (you know, Xfinity from Comcast), I still wasn't into the minions like I am now (I had nothing against them by the way, I just liked them back then). But when I saw the second film, I loved the movie (like I loved the first, but it was a little better than the first; not saying the first one is bad or anything either) and here's why.

Okay, so after most of the minions were kidnapped by a strange force, let's just say so I keep it a mystery about who or what is taking them, they ended up on an island. What they don't know is that it's not what it seems. To them, it's paradise (I think). But in reality:

Spoiler: show
It's a trap set by El Macho and (you guessed it) Dr. Nefario.

So after they are transformed into Evil Minions which are mindless, indestructible monsters which will devour anything in their way, and then after you see Gru in El Macho's lair, you see thousands of them in round, steel cages with (I think) locks on them. After that, you wonder what happens in the end (are they changed back to normal or are they still going to be Evil Minions?). I wondered that and it turned out to be a great film in the end.

All the minions were happy and during Gru and Lucy's wedding you see Dave, Stuart, and two other minions singing "I swear." After you hear that (cute) song, they start singing YMCA. Then during the pictures, everyone, including Carl (who was taking the pictures and joined in), crowded in. Then you see the Evil Minion who, if you look on the Despicable Me Wikia, is named Aaron (his name is on the Jelly Gun page).

Some funny moments from the film:

In the beginning, during Agnes' party, when the minions come out, one minion spins around and accidentally hits the other minions around him, causing them to hit him with their toy swords.

As they were about to start the magic show during Agnes' party, a minion walks up with a chainsaw and starts it up. After, Margo ended the magic show saying, "Okay, the magic show's over."

After the lady who was planning to set Gru up with another lady during Agnes' party said something about setting him up (I forgot what she said), Gru sprays her with a water hose and says, "Sorry, I didn't see you there." After spraying her with it again he said, "I didn't see you there either."

When Stuart and another minion see Gru being kidnapped by Lucy, they rush to save him. After they came to from being tasered, Stuart starts playing with the radio.

Also in the same scene, after a squid lands on Lucy's windshield, she uses her windshield wipers to get the squid off.

After they arrive at the AVL, after Silas Ramsbottom introduces himself, the two minions laugh because his last name has the word "bottom" in it. They also continue to laugh and say "bottom" after Gru declines the mission.

During the briefing, when Silas is reviewing the footage of the PX-41 serum taking effect on a rabbit, when the rabbit attacks the man seen in the footage, Gru and the minions flinch. When the rabbit attacks the camera, ending the tape, Gru says, "Well, I've never seen little bunnies do that before."

When rowing the small boat across the water, as he is about to go offscreen, he says something (sorry, I forget what).

While cleaning the living room and vacuuming, when Phil's in front of the door, watch how he dances. XD

After Phil gets kidnapped by Dr. Nefario, Jerry and Kevin come out into the living room to play golf and Kevin places the ball on Jerry's mouth. As he was about to hit Jerry on the head instead of hitting the ball, they heard a strange sound. After it turned out to be a cat, Kevin made fun of Jerry, causing them to fight until a beam of light shone over their heads. Kevin then let Jerry go, smiling and waving, then he got brought up too.

After Phil gets turned into an Evil Minion, the minion to the right laughs until he gets injected too.

After Gru sets his office on fire, two minions (the first one breaking the wall) go through the wall and Carl uses the door. When John tried turning on the hose, he went into the air with it and hit the ceiling four times in a row.

After Gru took Carl's megaphone, Carl continued doing the bee-dos. After, Stuart sprayed him with the fire extinguisher.

After Antonio broke Margo's heart, Gru used his freeze ray, causing the other girl to try and pull him out (with no success).

Also I like after Stuart ripped his dress.
Edith: Can I drink this? Dr. Nefario: Do you want to explode?

rank_0
Minions4Ever

Re: Despicable Me Moments

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:13 am

This movie to me, comes with a love/hate relationship. All though I like the movie Because it's hilarious, the story still feels a little flat. My favorite scene by the way is when Lucy has stuffed Gru in the trunk of her car and is driving to the Anti-Villain League HQ!
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Minions4Ever » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:28 am

Oh yeah! "Lipstick Taser!" XD Oh, and there is a new movie coming out. It's a spin-off called "Minions." I love them! And I think I read there was going to be a Minions sequel after that. I don't remember. I saw it on Moresay.com. If you like the Minions (who doesn't?), you might want to look up "Illumination-x-Universal Minions Spin-off Slated for 2014" or something. If you don't really like the Minions as much, I understand everyone has their own opinion, so it's no big deal. But I got more info about the film coming in 2015 (originally 2014 but Universal changed its theatrical release). It turns out that when they (the minions) went to the villain convention, not only did they meet Scarlet Overkill, but Gru was assigned a mission to stop Scarlet Overkill from being the most notorious supervillian or something, so that sort of gives off how they met him, but there's still more things to learn about how he (Gru) got the minions on his side, since the minions (I hear) were competing to be Scarlet's sidekicks or something. But yeah, I still might look into it and keep you updated on new information on the Minions film. So yeah, I'm going to look more into the film if you want, since I'm going to probably look up more information on the Minions film anyway.

Update:

Storyline: Gru is recruited to stop Scarlet Overkill who, alongside her iventor husband Herb, plots to take over the world.

rank_0
Minions4Ever

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:39 am

Ah, the classic minions. I saw the first in the theatre with my cousin, and the second with my brother when he got it for Christmas.

From the first l, I like:

Gru's neighbour: Well, dogs go anywhere they want!
Gru: Yes, unless they are dead!

Plus the part when he is complaining about the Little Kitty book. :lol:
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Minions4Ever » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:38 am

Oh yeah! Fred McDade! XD He's Gru's neighbor, by the way. You know, the guy you mentioned. :) Anyway, my favorite part in the first film is (and it was on a preview on TV when the movie was still in theaters): "Look at you, you're a tiny toilet for a little tiny baby to use." Also on my signature is a part from the movie after the girls discover Gru's lab and Edith sees a glass beaker with the blue serum in it. XD

Edith: Can I drink this? Dr. Nefario: Do you want to explode? Edith: *kicks Dr. Nefario*

That was going to be on my signature but it doesn't give you much room, does it? :) And I love the part after Phil put the soda bottle into his mouth (since he can't think of or find anything) and after the bottle goes flying, he sits up and gets hit by it, sending him flying into a shelf near a massage chair Tim is relaxing in. He was so cute when he gave the unicorn toy he made to Agnes. After she kissed him, he put his hands on his cheeks, smiling as he walked away. Too adorable! XD And for the second film, Phil, and I think three others including Kevin and Jerry, were heavily edited. Tim is bald by the second film. In the first film, Jerry was the guy who said "Whaaa?" In the second film, he was a chubby minion (who freaked out when the cat popped up from the trash can) who was about to play golf with Kevin (the one who made fun of Jerry for freaking out) before the strange sound interrupted them. And funny thing is (I read this on the Wikia):

Kevin was actually going to hit Jerry on the head instead.

So it was going to be like the two minions in the first film! XD So yeah. :)

rank_0
Minions4Ever

Postby wreckitlightyear » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:43 pm

Favorite despicable me moment of ALL time- minion YMCA
Chewie, we're home...

rank_250
wreckitlightyear
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:22 pm

I really liked the first movie, but I never got around to seeing the second one. It just seems too Minion-focused for my tastes. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Minions, but I think even in the first movie there was a bit too much focus on them and just the jokes in general and the storytelling really hurt because of it.

I think the movie runs on cute/funny factors and the story, while it has some really good touching moments, feels a bit disjointed. It's fun, but I don't think it's anything amazing. But then again, I haven't actually watched the first movie for a couple of years, either.

It's even worse because they put most of the really good jokes into the trailers. I remember going to see the movie and then thinking "hey, I've already seen all the best moments :(". I never bothered to watch 2 out of fear that the same thing would happen again.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:44 pm

The second was my fave by far, your missing out

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby altiareagle » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:09 am

^^THANK YOU. The internet is obsessed with them.
You go to one of the comedy websites and boom- minions! Minions everywhere.
I like them, but I love main characters more. Minions to me aren't supposed to be such a big deal, they're minions after all. But the movie is about a bad character turned around, so I get that part of it. Its just the internet's obsession of them that lessens my liking for them.
Kinda tired.
Chat with me If you're tired too.

rank_1500
altiareagle
Location: Cushing, Texas. Where the coyotes wail and there isn't a steakhouse. Or Steak.
Main Console: PS3

Next

Return to other movies and tv