The Last of Us (Movie)

family friendly movies and tv that are not Disney related

The Last of Us (Movie)

Postby astroshamu » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:31 am

The award winning game The Last of Us is going to be getting a movie adaptation of the story.
Source/Info: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/06/screen-gems-to-distribute-sam-raimi-produced-the-last-of-us-movie

I think this can be done well. The Last of Us is very cinematic as a game and the storyline is beyond amazing. I can't wait for everyone else who either doesn't have a PS3 or doesn't play video games to see this awesome story! I'm also really interested to see what people who haven't played the game think about the movie vs people who have played it. It'll be interesting to see if they can pull it off but they're working with creators of the game and everything so hopefully it'll be awesome!

Here's their TV spot for the game when it released last year:
Featured toybox:
Maximus Speed
Oaken Sauna

rank_100_ftb
astroshamu
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Re: The Last of Us Movie

Postby Chewbacca » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:36 am

I've only played about 30 minutes of the last of us, but it was awesome. I may see this.
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
NN ID:

Re: The Last of Us (Movie)

Postby KillingRaptor » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:55 am

I started and finished the game some weeks ago, it was really good! I don't know what to think about a movie about this... It can be either good or very bad... I really don't see movies based on videogames work anymore... They screwed up Resident Evil big time after the third movie, apparently the second Silent Hill movie is also garbage (I think the first one was great) and I won't even start about all those other movies. There are some good ones out there, that's for sure. I think about Silent Hill, Resident Evil 1 and 2 (even though they are not much like the game), Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and Mortal Kombat (only the first one again). I think we'll just have to wait and see.
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby astroshamu » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:48 am

I think the main thing is in the game you spend hours and hours exploring and bonding with the characters which makes the experience more complete. I feel that won't transfer to a movie length well. The team seems confident but who knows. I've never personally seen a movie based off a video game, but Sony is really jumping on it with sly cooper, the last of us, and if they ever continue with it the uncharted movie.
Featured toybox:
Maximus Speed
Oaken Sauna

rank_100_ftb
astroshamu
NN ID:

Postby KillingRaptor » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:01 am

Don't forget the Ratchet movie!
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Return to other movies and tv