The LEGO Movie

family friendly movies and tv that are not Disney related

Re: The lego movie

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Videogame announced for this movie, coming out next year for all consoles. Looks pretty good.

More details on the nintendo magazine site
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Adscan » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:38 pm

That will be a must buy for me I haven't missed a Lego game yet. :)

Etch
Adscan
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Gosh, Wonder if and how lego will be involved in the film?
My thoughts are that it will be involved like it has been with the Lego video games published by Warner, but more.
Considering the longtime two game generational partner is distributing the film.
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: The LEGO Movie

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:15 am

Extensive licensing plan detailed for The LEGO Movie

The LEGO Group has revealed its merchandising programme for The LEGO Movie, including a video game and new building sets.

A collection of 17 LEGO building sets will recreate some of the key scenes from the film, with Wild West and Space themed scenarios included.

A new series of LEGO Minifigures will also accompany the release of the film, with 16 figures made up of new and ‘new-again’ characters.

The first The LEGO Movie building set will be shown off at the San Diego Comic-Con at the LEGO booth on Saturday July 20th.

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment has also once again teamed up with development studio TT Games for The LEGO Movie Videogame. The game features 90 playable characters from the film and 15 levels to play. The LEGO Movie Videogame will be released on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, 3DS, PC and Wii U.

The LEGO Group has also partnered with a wide array of licensees for the film.

Scholastic, Penguin, Ameet and DK Publishing will provide readers with sticker books, activity books and movie guides.

Branded t-shirts will come from Mad Engine, Isaac Morris, Kabooki, TV Mania and Casco Blu. Kabooki, SGI Apparel and TV Mania will also release LEGO Movie hoodies with undergarments coming from Handcraft Mfg.

Carry Gear and Grown UP will create bags, Click Time is handling clocks and buildable watches whilst MZB Imagination and Funtastic are behind notebooks, folders, pens, pencils and pencil cases.

Key lights featuring characters from the film are being produced by IQ HK and storage partner Room Copenhagen is producing a lunchbox, lunch set, drinking bottle and storage and sorting boxes.

“The LEGO brand has been a vehicle for creative storytelling around the world for decades, so it’s no surprise that there is such growing enthusiasm for the first LEGO theatrical film,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president licensing and entertainment for the LEGO Group.

“We are thrilled to collaborate with our valued partners to build a varied and compelling portfolio of products through which fans of all ages can celebrate this LEGO brand milestone.”

The LEGO Movie arrives in February 2014 and tells the story of Emmet, an ordinary LEGO minifigure who is mistakenly believed to be the key to saving the world. It is being directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the duo behind Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

SOURCE: Licencing.biz

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:32 am

Thanks!
Would of not been happy if they didn't.
The movie is done so great that I did hope lego were involved. Plus, it wouldn't be nice for its main partner for the games to not try letting lego actually be involved in their great movie, right?
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby infinityadvanced » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:06 pm

Can't wait for this movie

rank_250
infinityadvanced
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:00 am

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

'The Lego Movie' hopes to cement a built-in fan base
A sneak peek at 'The Lego Movie,' which will try to build on its reputation.

Phil Lord and Chris Miller had heard the concerns in Hollywood about a movie based on the enormously popular Lego building toy. The writer-directors even had misgivings themselves, despite being lifetime fans of the Danish brand.

"At first we thought, 'Oh, I don't know. A movie based on a plastic brick?' " says Miller. "But we thought that maybe there is a way to do an interesting story as crazy and random as the toy itself. And we thought, we'll pitch this crazy idea and if they don't want to do it, then fine."

The duo has a reputation for turning crazy and random into box-office hits: They were behind Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and 21 Jump Street. So producer Dan Lin signed them up, giving the green light to write and direct the first studio Lego film, due Feb. 7.

In the 3-D computer-animated world of The Lego Movie (a second trailer drops Nov. 1), everything on the screen is a Lego. The duo plays to the legion of fans built over the past 50 years, yet they also follow their pledge of total randomness.

"In a weird way it's sort of the most commercial thing we could do, and at the same time this is gonzo, punk-rock anti-establishment kind of movie," says Lord. "It's the tension and marriage between the two that really excites us."

The oddball story ("sort of The Wizard of Oz meets The Matrix," says Lord) sets the toy universe in the town of Bricksburg, where the uptight CEO President Business (voiced by Will Ferrell) and his crazed alter ego Lord Business (Ferrell) seek to take over the world and crush the free-form creativity expressed by rebel Master Builders such as the mystic Vitruvius (Morgan Freeman).

Meanwhile, the tough-as-nails Wyldstyle (Elizabeth Banks) mistakes the exceedingly dim Lego-dude and construction worker Emmet (Chris Pratt) as the savior of the world, known as "The Special."

"We've basically made a movie about totalitarianism for kids," says Lord.

Also in the mix are classic Lego toys such as Bricksburg's crime-fighting Batman (Will Arnett) and Benny the Space Guy (Charlie Day).

The plot is a riff on the way fans enjoy Lego blocks, whether they follow the prescribed kits or simply use the pieces for free-form creations. The movie creators also strictly followed the rules of the existing toy universe — characters are not able to bend their arms, while the hands are fingerless and rounded.

"We definitely felt we wanted to honor the intense loyalty and passion people have for Legos," says Miller.

Another challenge was keeping the simple stenciled Lego toy faces rather than adding animated features such as lips and eyes.

"It was definitely something we had to convince people about," says Lord. "There was no confidence at first that you can tell a whole movie with facial features this simplistic."

But the end result, the filmmakers believe, is a story with heart that has been building excitement. Pratt feels it when he speaks to his test audience — his extended family. "When I run it past my brother and sister with kids, they are like, 'This is going to be the biggest thing ever.' Kids love Lego (toys) that much," he says

Carrying the major motion picture has left the Parks and Recreation star feeling a lot like "The Special."

"This character, maybe more than any I have ever played, is closest to who I am," says Pratt. "It's just a bewildered idiot who is not exactly sure why he's been given an opportunity to do something great. And he's hoping he doesn't screw up."

Source: USA Today

:mrgreen:
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:18 pm

The LEGO® Movie - Meet Emmet

The LEGO® Movie - Meet Wyldstyle

:mrgreen:
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D