Kung Fu Panda (Franchise general)

family friendly movies and tv that are not Disney related

Kung Fu Panda (Franchise general)

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:50 pm

The Kung Fu Panda franchise is freaking huge.
I got into this series after playing the video game based on the first movie.

(This is the official order of events)

Kung Fu Panda
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_Panda

This, along with How to Train Your Dragon, is probably the movie that killed the Shrek series. I saw this movie when it first came out, and I thought it was pretty cool, I remember playing Kung Fu Panda on the playground, and I was always Master Oogway. Anyway, it's a fun little movie that makes you feel good about yourself.

Secrets of the Furious Five
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secrets_ ... rious_Five

Haven't seen it, moving on.

Kung Fu Panda Holiday
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_ ... ay_Special

The only short film I've seen, it is also my favourite. I watched this right before watching Kung Fu Panda 2. It's a nice little movie, and I'd say its one of my favourite holiday movies.

Legends of Awesomeness
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_ ... wesomeness

Haven't seen it, moving on.

Kung Fu Panda 2
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_Panda_2

Wow, was this dark. It is a lot different from the first. It also tells the story of how
Spoiler: show
the antagonist, Shen, killed every panda in China, except for Po.
It also gave the biggest twist in movie history:
Spoiler: show
Mr. Ping isn't Po's biological father.
Okay, maybe everyone knew that since the first movie. It reminds me of Toy Story 3, in the sense of how the previous was light and happy, and this is sad and suspenseful. But that's not to say its a bad movie, it's really anything but. I would definitely reccomend it. My only complaint is that Master Shifu doesn't get a lot of screen time, it feels like he gets ten minutes total.

Secrets of the Masters
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_ ... he_Masters

Haven't seen it.

So, that is my experience with the Kung Fu Panda series. It has a confirmed third instalment, and the guys at Dreamworks even said that they plan to have SIX MOVIES in total.
Wow, that's the second largest movie series I've ever seen. It only gets beaten by Star Wars, with SEVEN WITH AN EIGHTH ON THE WAY.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Re: Kung Fu Panda (Franchise general)

Postby buckmana » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:16 pm

I'm a big Kung Fu Panda fan.

It's number 4 on my list of favorite Dreamworks productions.

I don't have all the shows/movies on that list though, I haven't had much luck locating them in stores.

The movies were easy to find, but as regards the others, I've only got Secrets of the Furious Five so far.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby DipperPines18 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:36 am

Kung fu panda is my fave movie! I like 2 also just not as much. And I love the holiday special. It sux that it is no longer airing on tv.
"Reality is an Illusion, The Universe is a hologram,"-Bill Cipher

rank_100
DipperPines18
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:18 am

Yeah, it's probably my favourite Dreamworks franchise, if not Shrek.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Sneak peek: 'Panda 3' amps up bear count

For two Kung Fu Panda animated movies, portly Po has believed all his bear kin were in panda heaven. That he was the lone survivor.

But Kung Fu Panda 3 proves Po wrong. The new film (opening Jan. 29, 2016) is Panda-palooza.

"There is great joy," says Jack Black, the voice of Po. "Lo and behold, there's a secret panda village. There's intense rejoicing as I am reunited with my people."

Po has a chance run-in with his long-lost panda father Li (Bryan Cranston), who brings Po back to an enclave where the pandas have been living since a fierce panda attack alluded to in DreamWorks Animation's 2011 hit Kung Fu Panda 2.

"There are even cute baby pandas," says Black. "Those guys are going to be the life of the party, for sure."

Also found in the village: an overeager, amorous young female panda Mei Mei (Rebel Wilson), a wannabe ribbon dancer. This does not turn out to be a panda love story.

"Po's a little freaked out, since he's never been around a female of his own species," says Black. "I don't think he has game in that realm yet."

But directors Jennifer Yuh Nelson and Alessandro Carloni will be able to feature panda frolicking, swimming in streams, rolling down hills. Nelson even visited the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding in Sichuan, China, to study playful panda behavior for use in Panda 3.

"That is the most shockingly adorable place — there are nurseries filled with gaggles of baby pandas," says Nelson. "A lot of how the pandas play was inspiration for the movie."

It's not all fun. The biological father/son reunion causes concern for Po's adopted father, the noodle shop-owning duck Mr. Ping ("He feels very protective," says Black). There's also a menacing supernatural villain called Kai who poses a threat to the village and the world. Po has to train his fellow pandas in martial arts to fight back.

Kung Fu Panda 3 enlists the original characters from the past hit films, with all Furious Five kung fu warriors returning: Angelina Jolie as Tigress, Jackie Chan as Monkey, Seth Rogen as Mantis, David Cross as Crane and Lucy Liu as Viper. Warrior trainer Master Shifu (Dustin Hoffman) returns as well.

Meanwhile, the new voices are bringing their own talents in the recording studio. Wilson even wrote a love poem dedicated to Po and pulled out pink nunchucks during her first meeting with directors to demonstrate how much she was thinking about her animated character.

Her martial art talents were appreciated. "We were blown away, she does play a nunchuck-wielding panda," says Carloni. "But I wanted to point out (to her) that this is an animated film."

Source: USA Today
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby Stitch » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:41 pm

SIX movies? How on earth?
The third looks good though!

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:04 pm

Kung Fu Panda 3 teaser trailer is just one week away!

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:02 am

Kung Fu Panda 3 | Official Trailer #1

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14