Star Wars Land!

Re: Star Wars Land!

Postby Goofyboy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:36 pm

Ok well I guess I got that information when I went to WDW in 2013. And at that point, the Light, Motor, Action show had a Lightning McQueen car in it to promote the new Cars Land. I even heard that they would be closing it down for a while because Cars Land was going to be in the corner of the lot.

Ah well, like anything else, plans change I guess. Since its Disney, I'm sure they could pull off finishing the whole thing by the end of 2018, but I know that I won't be going back until there's a lot of new stuff to look at. I've been 3 times now, the most recents being 2011 and 2013. :)

rank_250
Goofyboy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Skellington0327 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Yes I remember in 2013 there being a lot of talk about adding Cars Land to WDW. Most of us here at Disneyland didn't like the idea because WDW already has so many things that we don't have here and Cars Land was our special thing that people came to Disneyland for. California Adventure needed Cars Land, it was failing and was about to become a failed theme park. We were afraid that if WDW got a Cars Land, then there wouldn't be a big need to come to California Adventure for it because WDW has so much to offer, people would choose that Cars Land over ours and then California Adventure would be back to square one. So maybe they decided to let DCA be the only one with a Cars Land, for now. In 2013 Cars Land had only been there a year, so adding it to WDW then seemed too quick.

Disney works quick when they are adding new things to the parks and I'm sure they want to get Star Wars Land open as soon as possible. Cars Land is 12 acres and it took 3 years to do, so if they got started now, it could be done by 2018, but they probably won't start until next year.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks for all the insight Skellington, very interesting! What exactly do you do there (if you're allowed to say) ? I always had it in the back of my mind that it would be a very nice experience to go work there for a while. Never looked into it though as I don't have any experience in all the theme park jobs requirements.

rank_250
Goofyboy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Skellington0327 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:06 pm

I work in entertainment, but that's all I can say.

There's really no special requirement to work at a Disney Park if you're wanting to work in rides, stores, and things like that. its mostly the behind the scenes stuff that have special requirements.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:12 pm

Thanks! I might look into it at some point. I'd love to live the experience.

rank_250
Goofyboy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby vynsane » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:49 pm

Lots of work going on at Hollywood Studios in preparation for Star Wars Land Orlando. The "Lights, Motors, Action!" stunt show is set to close at the beginning of April to make way. The Backlot Tour area behind and to the right of the LMA stadium is in full disassembly mode already, and Watto's Grotto is slowly emptying out all merchandise and will be consumed by the new attraction as well.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Previous

Return to Disney parks and cruises