Favorite Disney Parks Memory?

Favorite Disney Parks Memory?

Postby OpossumGuy » Sun May 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Let's admit...these are the places that make life-lasting memories for many people. What is your favorite memory from a Disney Park, to those who have been to one?

I've only been to Disney World once, and that was in 2012 when I was still in high school. Our music department took a trip there. It was such a blast. Picking a favorite moment is difficult, but it'd have to be me and my friends going on Splash Mountain "just one more time" during after hours at the Magic Kingdom. Either that, or Fantasmic.
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy
Main Console: Wii U

Re: Favorite Disney Parks Memory?

Postby digeek1955 » Sun May 03, 2015 7:08 pm

My favorite memory was going on Radiator Springs racers for the 1st time in August of 2012!
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Sun May 03, 2015 7:20 pm

Mine's probably riding Splash Mountain. The line was memorable too but not in a good way.
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Noah » Sun May 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train for the first time in March. I had been there numerous times during construction so it was cool to finally see it finished. A lot of people claim it's not worth the wait but I'd have to strongly disagree :D
I'm telling you, man. Every third blink is slower.

rank_100
Noah
Main Console: PS3

Postby Infinity Guru » Tue May 19, 2015 8:50 pm

I had the honor of singing in the Candlelight Processional in EPCOT with my high school for the past two years. I usually go to Walt Disney World in the summer, so getting to go at Christmas time is a great change. Singing with a 50 piece orchestra, a choir of maybe 200 people, the Voices of Liberty (the A Capella group from the American Adventure) and celebrity narrators Joe Morton (From ABC's show Scandal) and Dennis Haysbert (The Allstate guy) are some moments that I'll never forget!

I also got a best of the best day score on Toy Story Mania once and 5 or 6 best of the hour high scores, no biggy (it's actually a huge deal).
8 Featured Toy Boxes. Toy Box Summit 2015 Attendee.

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Wed May 20, 2015 1:47 am

My first trip to Disney World. I was around four at the time, so this was in August 2003.
It is hard to pick just one memory from that trip, so I will cheat a little and say the entire trip was my favorite memory, as I have been fortunate enough to have been to Walt Disney World multiple times.

The hotel we stayed at was absolutely stunning. My favorite franchise at the time (And even now) was Toy Story, and this hotel was centered around animation, so it had a huge 100 foot tall statue of Buzz Lightyear right outside our room! We could look out from the balcony and see it and I loved it. We also saw Woody, who was just as big, although sitting down, so he was not as tall. I got many pictures at that hotel, many I still have and may possibly upload here if anyone wants to see :D. My little self is just a spec compared to Buzz Lightyear (I was sitting on his foot in the photo).

My first Disney ride ever was the Classic Peter Pan ride, which I loved because of the illusion of being so high above the streets of London. We also went on Snow White's Scary Adventures, a traumatizing experience for me when I was little, I came out crying. It is for the best that that ride is gone :lol: .
I loved the Haunted Mansion, I rode it about five times in a row. I loved the humor of the ghosts, as they weren't scary but more funny. Although I did hate the stretching portrait room, and the lights blacking out did not help. The Ghost Host continues to be one of my favorite narrators of all time.
Then there was the Tower of Terror... My dad made the mistake of taking me on that thing and I can tell you it took me about seven years before I rode that thing again. If it hadn't have been for how young I was, I think I would have loved it but the unexpectedness of suddenly falling caught me off guard.
And to top it off with rides that scared me to death (Which seem to be the memories I remember fondly :lol:) the Dinosaurs ride. That was intense. I had expected maybe a nice stroll through fields and seeing grazing dinosaurs but oh, no. Jurassic Park was less horrifying to me (I had ridden it on that same trip), and it had a seventy five foot drop! It was the dinosaurs popping out and screaming that got me, but the very end was what put the cherry on top. A feature of the ride that is now removed (I had noticed they removed it when I rode it again in August 2012), is that at the end, a T-Rex would open its mouth in front of you and you would go into its mouth and be swallowed as an exit. That terrified me, and my mom bought me a Dinosaur playset kit to help me feel better.

I have so so many memories from just that trip alone and I could honestly write pages and pages. But I feel no one would read that so... I just put the memories that stood out most to me. Disney is truly magical, and I feel right at home whenever my family takes a trip there. I love it all so much. The reason we go so often is because we have family out in California so we go to Disneyland whenever we see them there. And then, Florida is just our favorite vacation spot, at least in the United States. So obviously you cannot go to Orlando and skip out on Disney World, Universal, etc.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Infinite Mickey » Wed May 20, 2015 6:37 pm

^sounds awesome! Would love to see pictures. But I'm confused. The Carnotaurus has never ever eaten the guests at the end. They have always been successful. Only reason i know is because I rode DINOSAUR when I was little too, and my memories make it more like Jurassic Park then the ride. That ride screws with memories! (Love the ride now that I'm 13, it's completely different when you're 4).

Memories coming soon. Don't have much Time right now.
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Goofyboy » Wed May 20, 2015 7:52 pm

I've been to Disney World in Orlando 3 times now. Once when I was 8yo and then 2 times at 30+ yo. They were 3 totally different trips and all of them have been memorable for different reasons. Of course, when you're a kid, Disney is just amazing, with too much to take in and just WOW. Then, I went with a little cousin and you are amazed to see it through their eyes. It really is something else to see them so happy. After, I went alone with my girlfriend and that one is totally different. We took our time to just walk around and look at everything. There's so much details in everything they do, it's incredible. When you run around from one attraction to the other (which is fine too), you miss all those little details all over the place.

In other words, I don't have a Favorite memory. The whole place is a favorite memory and I would go back anytime. My next trip there will be close to 2020 when Avatar, Cars and Star Wars sections are completed. Can't wait! :)

rank_250
Goofyboy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Wed May 20, 2015 8:07 pm

On one of our trips to Disneyland when I was a teenager, I got a plush Sorcerer Mickey hat for the first time. Mickey is my favorite character, and the hat was was so soft and warm, I loved wearing it.

On our way out of the park that night, we saw Donald, another favorite of mine, on Main Street USA, and got in line for a photo. Just as the photographer, went to snap the photo, Donald reached up behind me and pulled my Sorcerer hat off, and then wouldn't hand it back. Someone obviously wasn't a fun a Mickey! :D

I'm not very good at making quacking sounds like Donald's tantrums, but I gave it my best shot and quacked at him. To my surprise, I wasn't the only one who had been practicing, because Donald quacked back at me! I was so surprised, but I managed to quack back at him. Our feather fest continued to the point where we were waving our arms, jumping up and down, and quacking ourselves silly! :D

Other people were standing in line waiting, and even though they were enjoying the show, I knew they needed to have their turn too so Donald could go home. The only problem was, I wasn't entirely sure how to stop what I had started! :D So I blew Donald a kiss, which he bashfully accepted, returned my Sorcerer hat, and all was forgiven. I guess I did know how to do Sorcerer magic after all! LOL

Unfortunately, the moment was never captured on film, but I'll hold it in my heart forever. Thank you, Donald Duck, for one of my best Disney memories EVER. [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️ And next time, I promise I'll find a wear a Donald Duck hat to wear too. :D
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Next

Return to Disney parks and cruises