We're thinking about going to Mickey Xmas event,anyone been

We're thinking about going to Mickey Xmas event,anyone been

Postby Steamboat Silly » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:52 am

Any good? We live close to Disney World, so that's where we would be going.
Support Brain Cancer Research
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: We're thinking about going to Mickey Xmas event,anyone b

Postby sirspot » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:42 pm

I have been twice. Once with one child and once with two. Not surprisingly, I had a better time when we went with just one child. The way I feel about the event is that there is nothing overly special about it as compared to other trips to the park. What I like about the event is that the demographic is more focused on enjoying the evening out and meeting up with friends rather than so focused on just the rides. The hot chocolate and cookies are very good too. If you like the Magic Kingdom and want to have a good time...you will have a good time :-) That's my opinion.
sirspot
Currently all about Infinity 3.0, Control Systems, and Tae Kwon Do

rank_0
sirspot
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Steamboat Silly » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Thanks. We went to the Halloween event a few years ago, and there was no headless horseman and a lot of raisin boxes instead of candy. I am a little gun shy when it comes to these events.
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:19 pm

I'm not sure if you are talking about one specific event, but I went in 2012 during Christmas time and we had a blast. The thing I remember most is the Osborne's dancing Christmas lights at Hollywood studios though.

rank_250
Goofyboy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:56 pm

I think he is referring to Mickey's Christmas party event which closes the MK at 7:00 (ish) for people with tickets to the event. We haven't done that event but we did the Halloween party one year.

Also, This is the last year for Osborne's Dancing lights. They will be going away after 20 years...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Steamboat Silly » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:34 pm

The lights go on during regular park hours. We kind saw them about two years ago, but it was mobbed and we had trouble getting a good view. I am talking about the event which closes the park at 7PM and is at Magic Kingdom.
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Spookidonki » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:18 pm

I've gone once. Like most, I more often hit up the Halloween party. Both are really nice for the special parades and fireworks. You can usually get on a few rides easy too. Plus it's cheaper than a one day ticket. I think it's worth it, just not on actual Christmas Day ;)

rank_0
Spookidonki
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:25 pm

Everyone's opinion on this will vary of course but here's mine. My wife and I went to the Very Merry Christmas thing for the first time aprox. 5 years ago We enjoyed it quite a bit so the next year we did it again, same time of year (probably same week even, first week of December). The crowds were terrible, as if they oversold tickets or something. We didn't really enjoy ourselves so we skipped it until last year and said ok, let's give it a go again. Forget it, we were there maybe 2 hours and bailed. The crowds were simply too much, again, IMO. Some people aren't affected by crowds so it may not matter, just being there is enough. In that regard, sure, the decorations and such are very nice. The cookies, hot chocolate etc are also nice but it is kind of like going during the day, but it is dark. I just don't see giving them extra money to basically stay at night certain nights for cookies and hot chocolate worth it to not have a more pleasurable experience but to each their own.

We enjoy going to Hollywood Studios and seeing the lights much more and it's included in the general admission. Shame if it is in fact ending.

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby Infinite Mickey » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:59 pm

The party itself is great. The crowds, not so much. We are going to Disney in November, and that's when our tickets for the party are. It's much better in November in terms of crowd level although still not great.
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Next

Return to Disney parks and cruises