Disneyland getting new Star Wars attractions

Disneyland getting new Star Wars attractions

Postby ronniedobbs » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:59 pm

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Re: Disneyland getting new Star Wars attractions

Postby SSquared » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Very interesting. But I have a hard time believing they will remove Autopia. I thought that would be a ride that never disappears. Come to think of it, the car is even in DI. :) But I can see them gutting Innoventions and they've been needing to do something with the People Mover for years.

rank_0
SSquared
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Captain Jack Sparrow » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:53 am

Tomorrowland is gradually beginning to disappoint me more and more. First they get rid of Honey I Shrunk the Audience (all due respect to Michael Jackson), and now this. There is plenty of Star Wars themed stuff around there as it is, and now they are getting rid of classic rides to make room for more?! That's ridiculous. If they are going to do that, they should at least get rid of the Jedi Training Academy and bring back Club Buzz to balance it out a bit. Plus, I liked that show way better. Star Wars is cool and all, but come on, this is way over the top. Pardon the rant, this is purely my opinion. I honestly hope this is just a rumor.
Welcome to the Caribbean, love!

rank_50_ftb
Captain Jack Sparrow
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby buckmana » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:48 pm

I'm not sure this is the way to go.

From my perspective, it's like they're catering to the big fanbase and ignoring the fact that most people are coming to see Disney stuff, not Star Wars stuff.

I'm assuming for every new attraction you add, a classic (and most likely historical) attraction is removed.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby Omnidroid 535 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:07 am

Kill me if you want to but I kind of disliked the car ride or that Autopia ride. That's the one in WDW though, so I can't say the same for others. Maybe it's because it's annoying to keep smelling exhaust throughout the entire ride.
"SPOOTY"

-Dag

rank_250
Omnidroid 535

Postby EmperorKuzco » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:32 am

Tomorrowland Transit Authority aka The PeopleMover was a nice relaxing change of pace at both WDW and DL, but I agree it totally could be themed better. This is pretty cool, hope they do something more with it at WDW at some point.

rank_0
EmperorKuzco
PSN ID:

Postby astroshamu » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:08 am

This sounds awesome to me. I've never seen how autopia fits in with the tomorrow land theme And innoventions house of tomorrow is becoming the house of today :lol: and I've always wanted something out of the old people mover so this all sounds great!
Featured toybox:
Maximus Speed
Oaken Sauna

rank_100_ftb
astroshamu
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby Djali » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:54 pm

This sounds seriously amazing. I loved the Rocket Rods when they were using the PeopleMover track and I'm glad they're still paying attention to Tomorrowland. The Autopia is a classic and my parents will have a hard time seeing it go - but there is Carsland in California Adventure to give kids that "I learned to drive at Disneyland" memory. To me the Autopia feels like a little less tomorrow and a lot like today. If each car were designed by Tesla and the shells were made from biodegradable paper-materials "After Earth"-style, then I could see it in Tomorrowland. But I understand the update.

rank_50
Djali
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Mac D Nook » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Club Buzz is gone? Aw man, I loved that place. The live shows at night were so fun to watch and just chill.

Anyway, I hope they don't remove the Autopia, it's too much of a classic to part with. If anything, I think they should just expand over where the unused area where the motor boat ride used to be.

rank_50
Mac D Nook
Main Console: Xbox 360

Next

Return to Disney parks and cruises