Disney World - Orlando

Disney World - Orlando

Postby TheMinion9 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:14 pm

I thought I'll start this topic as I'm going to Disney World for the 4th time in the first week of July. Who else has been there as it's amazing.

HAVE YOU BEEN TO DISNEY WORLD? IF YOU HAVE, WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE ATTRACTIONS, RIDES AND SHOWS?

I'll also put this here too.

Yellowjacket for MARVEL BATTLEGROUNDS!!

rank_500
TheMinion9
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Disney World - Orlando

Postby Lumby » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:41 pm

My partner is a Cast Member so we spend a lot of time in and around Disney.

As a gamer I will point you to 2 interactive gaming experiences at the Magic Kingdom. One is Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Its basically a collectible/tradeable card game. You go to the Fire Station on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom and they give you a portal key and a pack of cards for free (you get one pack for free every day you visit the park). The cards are magic spells that you use to battle the Disney Villains at magic portals spread throughout the park. If you defeat all the villains then you are granted a free bonus pack of cards. There are like 60 cards from this + like 10 from booster pack only cards purchasable in stores at the Magic Kingdom and 2 holiday party cards (Christmas and Halloween) obtained by going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Fun to check out but if you're not local its hard to finish as it can take upwards of 6 hours to defeat all the villains so you would practically have to devote a whole day of your vacation to do so. I do suggest you check it out though as t is neat!

They have a new Pirates of the Caribbean scavenger hunt that is interactive with the environment of Adventure land. You get a map and a key and are in search of treasures hidden throughout adventure land. This was in beta testing a couple of weeks ago and wasn't being run everyday so I don't know if it will be available during your trip but if it is, I would suggest checking it out. Maps and keys are distributed in a little building between the Pirates ride and Splash Mountain.

If you have never seen it my favorite show is Fantasmic at Disney's Hollywood Studios. They dont perform the show every night so I would call and plan my Hollywood Studios day around this partcular show. While you are there dont forget to go early and get fast passes for the Toy Story ride. Interactive game ride similar to buzz lightyear spin but WAY better. Fast Passes run out very very quickly and you will be there during a very busy week so go early and get them as line times for this reach over 2 hours during peak seasons.

Soarin at Epcot is a must ride for me every time we go.
Lumby
Main Console: PS3

Postby kslush1 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:43 pm

I went there for the first time last September and can't wait to get back. I loved the Lion King show and Electrical Parade (though I'm bitter that it was taken from Disneyland a few years back since I live 5 minutes from there). Favorite ride is Thunder Mountain, Mount Everest, Rockin Rollercoaster, and the Safari. I also loved walking around the different worlds. Also I really enjoyed playing Sorcerors of the Magic Kingdom, I wish we had it in California.

rank_100
kslush1

Postby TheMinion9 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:03 pm

LUMBY, MY GOD! I didn't know your partner was a cast member. As I was reading that to my older sis (2 years between us), she wants to know if there's hidden stuff that we might of not experienced yet (We have experience 75% of the parks. The only park we haven't visit yet is Typhoon Lagoon).
Also, I want to ask; which park/ attraction does your partner work on?

I really need to add you on my friends list now. :P

THANKS A LOT. :D

rank_500
TheMinion9
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Lumby » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:23 pm

I don't work for Disney, My partner does. He works in the Cosmetology department at the Magic Kingdom so he helps the prince and princesses look their very best when they go to greet guests. I have been going to Disney for years ... like over 20 years now have had a resident pass for the last 3 years that I have lived in Orlando so I know a bit about the parks.

As far as hidden stuff? I dont have a wealth of knowledge there. I tend to encounter things early like the pirates scavenger hunting going on but nothing really hidden. This book would probably tell you a whole lot more than I could.
http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-Mickeys-Disney-World%C2%AEs-Secrets/dp/1937011291/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372356730&sr=8-1&keywords=hidden+mickey

I know there are hidden Mickey faces like EVERYWHERE in the park on almost every ride.

If you get to the Magic Kingdom (i.e park your car and take the monorail over to the front gates before the park opens then you can see the Train ride into mainstreet filled with Disney Characters that put on a little show for you to help open the park.

If your one of the first people in the park you can rush over to a specific store (I forget which one but I think you can find out online) and wake up TinkerBell:
Lumby

Postby TheMinion9 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:28 pm

^Thanks for the heads up. When was the last time you went to Disney? + Is there a lot of merch for Wreck-it Ralph, Mulan, Monsters U, Oswald, Phineas & Ferb or Gravity Falls at the moment do you know?

rank_500
TheMinion9
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Lumby » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Went to the Magic Kingdom like a month ago. Went to Downtown Disney last Sunday. If you have never been Downtown Disney is a very large shopping/entertainment complex. They have the Disney Market Place which sells every single Disney merch item imaginable. They are having a huge Monsters U sale right now as its the hot new movie but basically they have a store for everything. The other section is called the West End which is more entertainment but has some shopping, restaurants, Movie Theater, Bowling alley, Cirque du Sole (SP?). Downtown Disney is definitely the place to buy merch. They definitely have a lot of Monsters U. The older the movie the less stuff they carry but they will have something.
Lumby

Postby TheMinion9 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Thanks a lot for the information. General Disney World Orlando chat begin! :D

rank_500
TheMinion9
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PirateSteven » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:30 pm

I go to Walt Disney World a lot. In fact, you could say that I live there.

Favorite Rides: Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean.

I have a wealth of Disney Theme Park knowledge so if you have specific questions before your trip, just ask.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Next

Return to Disney parks and cruises