Disneyland- California

Re: Disneyland- California

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Alright, the forum is finally up! Welcome to the happiest forum on earth: http://disneylandfans.freeforums.org/index.php
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby SSquared » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Big Disneyland and California Adventure fan! I grew up in SoCal and used to go a lot from childhood through high school. I was in the high school band and we'd get to play there several times a year (both marching and jazz band). I hadn't been since 1996 and went back in 2009 (with my wife/kids) which started a renewed excitement for it. Went again in 2010 and 2011 I took my youngest and had a terrific special time just the two of us. Didn't go this year, but my daughter is on a dance crew that has been invited down there next year so we are hoping to make it again.

CalAd favorites: Toy Story Midway, Tower of Terror, California Screamin', Soaring, Aladdin, Turtle Talk with Crush, Grizzly River Run, World of Color and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree really surprised us how much fun it is. Disneyland favorites: Pirates, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Star Tours.

Last year I was trying to push us to do things we hadn't done before. We went on the Mark Twain Riverboat, the Tarzan treehouse, Tom Sawyer island and the canoes. I had done those other things when I was younger (although Tarzan was Swiss Family Robinson), but in all the years I've been, I think that was the first time I had ever done the canoes. They were really fun and am looking forward to when the rest of my family goes. One thing I never convinced her to do was the Tiki Room.

rank_0
SSquared
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby TNT » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:43 am

I was at Disneyland California three years ago. For our honeymoon we did a long road trip through the USA. Considering we have a history with Disneyland Paris and that we both like Disney, obviously we had to go there.

It was fun, we did a few rides though I can't remember which ones. We went to watch the Pixar parade and had our pictures taken with a lot of the dressed up people there. :p as well as a picture with the statue with Walt and Mickey. :D

The thing that surprised us the most was how much Paris and California are alike. If you know your way in one you will be hard pressed to get lost in the other. ;)

rank_0
TNT
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:36 pm

CS Explores Disneyland's Thor: The Dark World Attraction, Treasures of Asgard

ComingSoon.net

Hit the Ice This Holidar Season at the Downtown Disney Winter Village at the Disneyland Resort

If you feel that the holidays are incomplete without ice skating – either doing it yourself or comfortably watching others do it – the Downtown Disney District will be the place for you this holiday season.

An entire Downtown Disney Winter Village will spring up around ESPN Zone and AMC Theatres on Thursday, November 14, adding extra cheer to the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort. You’ll be able to visit quaint holiday cottages, browse for gifts in the “shopping chalets” and admire a 30-foot Christmas tree, the centerpiece of Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink, inspired by the lovable snowman in the latest Walt Disney Pictures animated feature “Frozen.”

Go ahead and lace up your skates so you can take to the ice on Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink. It’s the perfect place to get into the holiday spirit as you glide along to holiday tunes. Operating hours are 3 – 10:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 3 – 11:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Other activities in the Downtown Disney District scheduled for various dates and times during the holiday season will include Carolers on December 5 and December 16-25, Anaheim Ballet performing scenes from “The Nutcracker” on December 5 and 19, and Downtown Disney Unwrapped, a presentation of fun gift ideas beginning Friday, November 29 (Black Friday).

Source: DisneyParks Blog
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:50 pm

Meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen in Fantasyland

Fearless Anna and her powerful sister Elsa journey to Fantasyland on November 6, 2013 to make new friends.

Disneyland Resort
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Djali » Fri May 30, 2014 3:27 pm

I am so with mouseman and disneyfanatic on the Disneyland love. Disneyland is where my mom would organize our family vacations when we could afford to travel. Every three or four years we managed to make it down to Disney. The magic I experience there and the joy that simple things elicit - the music on the promenade, before you reach the gates, the conductor announcing the departure of the train on Main Street, the army of strollers that forms outside of the theater - gives me this feeling of being on vacation, like everything is going to be okay. I love that Disneyland was built and is maintained on the expectation that everyone is inherently a good person who can be happy, and sometimes that happiness is sipping coffee from a villains mug. :P

Best memories!

My favorite ride is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, "wildest ride in the wilderness!" In California Adventure my favorite ride is the Squirrel Scramble in the Wilderness Explorers zone, because on my last visit last weekend my sister and I had like, an extreme encounter suspended in the air with those ropes. Not technically a ride, but still my favorite.

rank_50
Djali
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:26 pm

^love to hear another big Disneyland fan! I'm a big fan of Big Thunder as well. I also love California Screamin in CA. I can't wait to go again soon, hopefully this summer or fall!!

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

Postby cupcakebandit » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:17 pm

The last time I went was for the 24 hour disneyland/California adventures in may. Even with all the extra time, I wasn't able to do over half the things they offered at the park. I usually go about once a year. I might just stay at a Disney hotel next time since I'm getting older and don't have the energy that I used to keep up. Lol

rank_50
cupcakebandit
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:25 pm

^Lucky you, I really want to go to one of these 24 hour events, and I have always wanted to stay in a Disneyland hotel as well...I watched Dapps Magic's 24 hour livestream during the 24 hour event, and it was amazing! They had live video of people doing random things around the park like interviewing villains and heroes. Really made me feel like I was there!

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney parks and cruises