Four legged playable character

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Re: Four legged playable character

Postby randyboggs » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:09 pm

they could wrap there tail around it

rank_50
randyboggs
Main Console: PS4

Postby killa-bunnah » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:23 pm

^Thats a pretty good idea
"The world is haunted now" - Tyreese, The Grove

rank_250
killa-bunnah
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Bruce » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:09 pm

"Soon I learned that the worse the puns and jokes, the funnier they could be, if you knew how to deliver them." - John Lasseter

My Disney Infinity Blog: http://www.disneyinfinityblog.blogspot.com

rank_0
Bruce

Postby SalmonPink » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:53 pm

The idea of Simba holding a wand in his mouth is so cute! I haven't played Kingdom Hearts in a while, but didn't lion!Sora hold his keyblade in his mouth? So there's a precedent there.

It probably wouldn't fit into the first incarnation of DI, but in future releases I think it would be adorable if they found a way to incorporate four-legged characters that they have no plans to make playable. They could just be roaming NPCs (random stampede of dalmatian puppies, anyone?) but a little companion animal that you can call over and who jogs alongside you would be sweet. It would be a nice way of including characters that are unlikely to get figures and playsets, like The Aristocats or Lady And The Tramp. Even Tinker Bell could work in that capacity, as a companion character that the playable character interacts with. They could even tie them into the power discs, so you might get a Todd the fox disc or a Archimedes owl disc.

...Is it obvious I just want to be able to smoosh cute little virtual animals?! :D

rank_250
SalmonPink

Postby PumpkinKing » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:26 pm

^How do you feel about four-legged characters acting like a mount?
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! >:D

rank_100
PumpkinKing

Postby SalmonPink » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:33 pm

^ I love them being mounts too! My favourite part of Toy Story 3 was riding around on Bullseye or that ridiculously adorable dragon (I loved that thing, I wish I could own a physical plush of it)! The companion animal idea was just me thinking out loud about characters that wouldn't really work as mounts - for instance, Mr Incredible trying to ride Marie the kitten would be a little frightening. :lol:

rank_250
SalmonPink

Postby PumpkinKing » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:34 pm

^Haha no problem we can just throw some green goo on Marie and she'll be all set..
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! >:D

rank_100
PumpkinKing

Postby alecatq2 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:49 pm

@salmonpink I do like this disc idea. I have been thinking that some of the Disney characters aren't really video game "actiony" characters and really would not fit well with their own play set (or even a stand alone). While I love all the Disney characters, there isn't a whole lot some smaller characters like Bianca and Bernard (The Rescuers) or Jaq and Gus (Cinderella) could bring to the game. I love The Rescuers and would be perfectly fine with them popping up as a disc (or toy box toy) and have them running around as an NPC.

rank_100
alecatq2

Postby SalmonPink » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:32 pm

@PumpkinKing
The image of a giant gooed-up Marie rampaging through the Toy Box like Godzilla is going to haunt me when I go to bed tonight! :lol:

@alecatq2
Yeah, I just love the idea of there being all sorts of franchises represented as NPCs, and it seems a natural fit for characters like the Rescuers. The fact that the characters are supposed to be toys means that scale isn't iron-clad - for instance, Mickey will likely be scaled up to match everyone else's size, despite being a mouse, and Buzz and Woody are toys, so they should be small enough to be held by a character like Dash, if we were using a 'real' scale. But characters like the Rescuers probably aren't going to be able to compete with more popular franchises and likely won't get playable figures (as you say, they're not necessarily "actiony" enough), so the idea of a companion power disc would at least give players the chance to buy them and add them to game.

rank_250
SalmonPink

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help