Toybox spin game ?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Toybox spin game ?

Postby zaganh » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:59 pm

i saw the video where someone leveled up and took a spin on the toybox spin game to get new toys but there was 3 diffrent icons you could choose a green red and yellow does anyone know what they all do ? is there more videos also as it was slowing down you could switch lines was each line of a certain type of toy or was it just a mix ?

its around 15 minutes in on this video

rank_250
zaganh
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Re: Toybox spin game ?

Postby EmperorINFINITY » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:02 am

Which video did you saw? if you have the link, can you post it? so we can help you :D
http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1344

The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships? motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then one day... I got in

rank_50
EmperorINFINITY
Main Console: PS4

Postby zaganh » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:10 am

i added the video to the top ^^ its around 15 minutes in

rank_250
zaganh
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby EmperorINFINITY » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:58 am

I Think that when you complete a Toy Box Adventure Mission, you can choose one toy from that place of the three colors. I don't know very well.
http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1344

The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships? motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then one day... I got in

rank_50
EmperorINFINITY
Main Console: PS4

Postby SalmonPink » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:24 am

Okay, so I should disclaimer the fact that everything I'm saying is pure speculation here. I don't know anything for certain, and this is the only video I've seen where the spin game is in action.

Toy spins are earned, although I don't know if that's exclusively in the playsets or if they can be earned in the toy box as well (I'd guess the latter). I don't know if they're tied to the number of stars you earn or if they're seperate. In Toy Story 3, stars were earned by completing missions, both story missions and side missions. Not sure how it works in Infinity.

The red, yellow, and green icons you can choose from in that video all have different symbols on. It's hard to tell, but I think the yellow one has either a cube or a hexagon, which is the same shape as the power discs that contain items (rather than the round power discs that contain power-ups). In the menu associated with it, I can make out the stunt car, Scrooge's money vault, Spaceship Earth, possibly Cinderella's castle, the boom box, and some terrain pieces. So it could be that the yellow symbol means items that are basic toys, like scenery pieces and mounts. The red symbol has a dotted line and an X symbol (or plus symbol, I'm not sure). This could maybe represent a different catagory of toys, such as race track and rail pieces. Or maybe logic pieces, the ones that can connect to other toys to create a function. The green has a question mark in a pyramid, so maybe that could be the logic toy symbol, or it could represent a random toy from any category.

So, yeah, all speculation, but I'm guessing there are different toys categories to choose from.

Within those categories, it seems like the spin function operates like a fruit machine or a luck wheel. You spin, you scroll through those five sub-categories, and it appears you can stop the wheel to try and get a specific toy. (If you don't stop it, it may potentially slow to a stop on its own.) Of the sub-categories of the yellow symbol shown in the video, each has its own symbol listed in the hexagon above that category. The centre one appears to be a mountain, which matches with the fact that the pieces are all terrain-based. I can't make out the second, and the first (which appears to house mounts and possibly NPC blockheads, it's hard to make out) looks like a star. Although I'm squinting to see it, so I could very easily be wrong. The fourth category, which we don't see the symbol for, looks like it's buildings and similar pieces (as well as Spaceship Earth and Cinderella's castle, there's the flaming ring and what looks like stadium pieces). The fifth is possibly scenery, since I can see a lot of trees.

So that's all just guesswork, and I could easily be wrong. It's just what I could deduce from watching the video. If anyone else knows more, I'd love to hear it, since I'm going to be obsessively spinning this thing every chance I get! :lol:

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Postby zaganh » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:04 pm

thanks for your reply's =D i might close my eyes and just let it spin then open the gift box in surprise haha ^^

rank_250
zaganh
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:15 pm

I hope we can get everything from the spinner eventually, and pull it into 2.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help