WiiU to PS4 / Vita Transition Questions

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

WiiU to PS4 / Vita Transition Questions

Postby ToddMc » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:35 pm

We currently have a WiiU. I enjoy being able to play games and Infinity on the Gamepad controller while the family watches TV. However, it is becoming more evident that games and development for the WiiU is dwindling. I'm giving some serious thought to making the transition to the PS4 console. Because of this, I'm planning on getting the Originals Starter Pack next week for the PS4. After doing some research on the PS Vita, it appears that this will give me the same WiiU Gamepad capability by using the Vita with the Remote Play setup. The Vita looks to have a similar button setup, and the screen is just about the same size. Before I make a final decision, I have a few questions.

The figures, playset pieces, and power discs should work on both consoles. I'm assuming that we will lose any progress in the playsets, and will have to start over. We're good with this, as we have completed almost all of them, and have been replaying them for fun and to level up the figures. If we Share Ownership on the figures, when using them on the PS4, will this reset their levels back to "0" on the PS4? If we go back later and use them on the WiiU, will they revert back to their previous WiiU level, or will they be at their current PS4 level, or reset again back to "0"?

What about created Toy Boxes? Will these be able to be transitioned or saved, and be usable on the different console?

What other items should I expect to happen when going from WiiU to PS4?

rank_0
ToddMc
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: WiiU to PS4 / Vita Transition Questions

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:18 pm

Don't quote me on this but I think you'll keep figure levels but lose all toys unlocked etc. This is why I'm not getting too into 2.0 until I get my Xbox one. As for vita remember that the shoulder buttons (l2 and r2 and also the trigger buttons l3 and r3 are now touch on the back of the vita)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ToddMc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:35 am

Elmo STM - Thanks for that head's up! I wasn't aware of this. I looked at a Vita today and wondered how it handles the ZL / L and ZR / R functions. I need to think on this and hopefully try it out. This may not work well for me. I'm not great with touch pads.

rank_0
ToddMc
PSN ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:54 am

@Todd no problem, I was in the same boat as yourself but recently got a 22'' TV and use it for gaming in the TV room so can play when everyone is watching TV. Love the idea of the Wii u pad anyway though

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:29 am

You can keep your levels through 'Take Ownership', but will lose your unlocked toys.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby SuperMrMojo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:09 am

If you upload your boxes to the cloud on the Wii U they should appear on your PS4 as well.
Feel free to call me Euan. If you want.

How super am I? Not at all.

rank_250
SuperMrMojo
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ToddMc » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:55 am

@Modeltrainman, Will this require me to "take" ownership or "share" ownership?

Thanks everyone for your help and input! My hope has been to keep the WiiU as a fall back for Infinity, just in case I run into something unexpected with using the PS4. It would be perfect if I could use the figures on both systems and keep their levels. I don't mind starting over on the PS4.

rank_0
ToddMc
PSN ID:

Postby SuperMrMojo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:12 am

I think you just share ownership and then you keep your levels.
Feel free to call me Euan. If you want.

How super am I? Not at all.

rank_250
SuperMrMojo
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help