What all do I need to play on XBox 360?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

What all do I need to play on XBox 360?

Postby SlyCoug » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Alright, you guys are wearing me down a little and I am considering purchasing an XBox 360 and exchanging my Wii version for the XBox version, mostly because an XBox 360 is only like $130 used through Gamestop; I may just drop the money now rather than having to pay $75 later to re-purchase the game for a new console.

I hope this question isn't too general, but what all will I need to experience everything on DI? Do I need a full hard drive for the console? Also, do I need a full XBox live gold membership in order to use all of the online features or are there any features that can be used without a gold membership? Is there anything else one would need?

Sorry if this seems like a very basic question, I haven't ever owned a Microsoft console before.

Thanks!

rank_100
SlyCoug
Main Console: Wii U

Re: What all do I need to play on XBox 360?

Postby CueLannoo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:56 pm

You will need an Xbox and some form of hard drive. 20GB should do the trick. I don't think you'll need all 250GB. A controller, and Xbox Live for good measure. Just buy a 3 month card to test it out before you subscribe. That ought to do the trick.
“Laughter is America’s most important export.” -Walt Disney

rank_500
CueLannoo
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby mcnichoj » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:23 am

Get the 250.

rank_50
mcnichoj
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Exanimonl » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:02 pm

I'm suspecting (can't try it yet, Infinity is not live here yet) that you can download the toyboxes, updates and fixes without a Xbox Live gold sub.
For online play, you will need Gold for sure.
So if you don't plan to play online, just get an Xbox with hdd (20gb minimal).

One remark on used Xboxes: The first series had a production flaw which could result in it breaking down. Microsoft replaced those for free but maybe if you buy it 2ndhand they won't be able to help you without the original purchase receipt.
Also, the first xboxes (the larger ones) made alot of noise.
Maybe look into getting the slim version 2nd hand although that is probably not available with 20gb (just 250gb which is nice for game downloads ór just coppying your original games to the HDD as it will load faster and the drive wont be spinning loudly!)
Exanimonl
Main Console: PS4

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help