Making a trapdoor?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Making a trapdoor?

Postby ArmedDrexel » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:35 am

Hi all I've been making a toy box creation and thought it would be cool to add a trapdoor/disappearing floor!! Like the one on "tower of terror"
I can't work it out and would appreciate any help from fellow toy box creators!

rank_0
ArmedDrexel
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Re: Making a trapdoor?

Postby Finn-Warrior » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:41 am

That one in particular was made using a replayer. Make a floor using the replayer, and then you can use a lot of ways to trigger the replayer rewind function, for example a trigger area. Don't assign it to a delete-function though, as it will delete the recorded toys in that replayer.
~ 13 featured toy boxes so far!

rank_250_ftb_10
Finn-Warrior
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby ArmedDrexel » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:45 am

Thank you for the quick reply, I can't wait to give it a go!

rank_0
ArmedDrexel
XBL ID:

Postby markfireflame » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:44 pm

@ Finn-warrior: I tried making a trap door last night and it didn't work. I used the replayed like was mentioned how done in the tower of terror toy box. I turned on the replayer and placed my block but when I played it back, it only showed that I put the block down. What am I doing wrong? I wanted to really quick make a haunted mansion ride for the challenge, but since it didn't work I can't and only have 20 minutes left to submit. I may make a trap door for another toy box I have in mind so I was wondering if I could have an explanation on how to set it up please?
Do you want to build a snowman?

rank_100
markfireflame
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby shades_smiley » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:54 pm

^ I haven't done it myself but my guess would be need to "record" your deletion of the floor block, not the placement of it.

So place the block, then start the replayer, then delete the block, then stop the replayer. If you then rewind the replayer the block should return, and if you play the replayer it will then disappear.

Again, I haven't done this myself, so I'm simply working off of what knowledge I've read from other parts of these forums. If I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct me.

rank_100
shades_smiley
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Finn-Warrior » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:55 pm

We do not know how crazybynick set up his trapdoor, so I'm going to guess here, how the work's done (or at least, how I would do it), step by step. Note that I use the finnish interface, so what the respective function of a button is in english, is somethng that I do not know. Anyways:

1. Place the replayer + 4 buttons (recording, stop recording, rewind/remove and playback).
2. Push record-button, place a floor panel and stop recording.
3. If you want the floor disappear when player gets on top of it, put a trigger area on top of the recorded floorpanel, connect it to either rewind or remove-button and make it trigger once player enters it.

Hope this helps, but as I said, only crazybynick knows for sure how it's done.
~ 13 featured toy boxes so far!

rank_250_ftb_10
Finn-Warrior
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby MightyGitis » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:28 pm

The function you are looking for is the "clear" function. After you record the placement of a block the "clear" function will remove it from the playing field.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:17 pm

Glad to see u back @mg lol

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID: