Take Ownership of figures resets xp?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Re: Take Ownership of figures resets xp?

Postby Indozolo » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:35 pm

How do you even take ownership of a figure? I've seen the prompt that states you can do it from the pause menu, but haven't seen an option to do so.

Someone else stated that new characters with automatically be "owned", but that doesn't appear to be the case. I have a Lone Ranger that is up to level 5, but has yet to populate in the Hall of Heroes.

Just don't want to keep going any further on that and then be forced to do a XP wipe. The whole "ownership" thing seems needlessly convoluted and unneeded, unless I'm missing something obvious.
Indozolo
Main Console: PS4

Postby Royi » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:57 pm

rank_50
Royi

Postby Figment74 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:08 pm

^^@Indozolo You have to take ownership for a 'Hero' to populate the Hall. The default is Guest mode, so if you forget to take ownership and run as guest for too long you will loose all your progress when you take ownership, I learned that the hard way with LR, got him to lvl6 and took ownership (isnstant 0) Also apparently if you want to reset the missions on a play set it also resets all the toybox finds for the level. Good news is the items that have been added to your Toy Box mode remain in the Toy box.
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74
Main Console: PS3

Postby MightyGitis » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:32 pm

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Falkon00 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:34 am

So i was just experimenting...My daughter had leveled up with Holly on her profile, and I switched to my profile and took ownership...the XP went to zero, but that was because I had not used her before on my profile. So I logged off, and went back to my daughter's profile and put Holly on the base. I told it to take ownership, and her XP was at the point it was prior...So it seems that the game is capable of keeping XP for different profiles. My question is, is there anything else I am going to lose by switching ownership of the figures? I am using the Xbox 360 version if that makes a difference.

Ok editing my post...I find that if I play split screen, only the player one profile stats for characters shows. For example if I am player 1, and I own Lone Ranger and put him on the base he will show my accumulated XP no problem... However if my daughter who owns Holly puts her on the slot 2, and logs in with her profile, it only allows her to play as a guest with her accumulated XP... If she were to (while logged in, in split screen) take control of the figure, it would actually show my accumulated XP even though her profile is logged in for player 2. Wheeew...I hope that all makes sense.

The bummer of all this is that I was hoping that whoever was logged in to player 1 or player 2 would be able to use their own accumulated XP, but that is not the case. The reason for all this tinkering is that myself, and 2 daughters will be playing the game at times split screen and at times solo...so trying to figure out what is the best way to handle ownership. I could put them all in my ownership, but there are times when they will be playing each other and I will not be involved.

At this point I'm rambling...anyone have any insight?

J

rank_0
Falkon00

Postby JTShadow » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:13 am

I can say that today I tried passing Mr. Incredible around my family and so far so good. My daughter started with him at level 4 then I took ownership and got him to level 1. After that my wife took ownership of Mr. Incredible and got him to level 3, then we had my daughter log back in and retake ownership again and he was back to level 4 for her.

So in summary if you want to level up a figure make sure you take ownership, it will level it up for you and add it to your hall of heroes. Leveling up the figures will help you get more spins and unlock more stuff in the Hall of Heroes.

The way its phrased in game is scary, telling you it will erase all the current information to store yours, but its not like that at all.

rank_0
JTShadow
XBL ID:

Postby Exanimonl » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:18 am

The splitscreen thing working with just a single profile (and the other one guest) is quite a bummer. Seems Falkon00 found out that Infinity doesn't properly support 2 accounts in one splitscreen playsession.
As i will be playing with my wife (splitscreen) but either one of us can play solo aswell, that might become an issue.
It's weird that when player2 is logged in ánd takes ownership, it still takes over the gained xp ammount of player1. What is the use of taking ownership then? o.O
Exanimonl

Postby AceSoloMcCloud » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:09 am

Thanks very much to those posting lately, just the kind of info I'm interested in.
The figures contain an RFID chip, this can only store a few lines of encrypted data.

By default they operate in "Guest" mode, lets call this standalone, the chip is used to store a non account tied XP level.

You seem unable to use this to claim the character in the hall of heroes, however multiple gamers can work on figures XP level collectively.

Taking ownership allows you to unlock the character in the hall of heroes and begin collecting XP for that figure on your own, no longer using the collective guest XP.

As for the warning about erasing data, we know it resets to lvl 0 so you can start your private levelling of that character, what happened before a second player took ownership?

Did it still have the accumulated guest XP? (I don't think so and this maybe the reason for the warning)
Have lvl 0 as a guest? (More likely)
Makes the distinction it's already owned and not a guest at the moment, in which case putting it on the base should logically force you to make a decision, guest or own? Unless it defaults to guest. In which case is it lvl 0 or does it remember the XP level on the chip in the figure.

As for "remembering" your own "owned" XP level, quite simply it stores it in your save game/game data and re-writes it to the base when you re-own it (Or it just keeps it in the game data and just "recognises your figure", do you have to retake ownership?).
Unless when someone else uses it, it manages to keep the accumulated Guest XP in which case "Taking Ownership" would be better described as "Register this figure/character".

Does anyone have two of the same figure? First one with XP you got after taking ownership, if you put the other figure on, does it instantly come up with the same XP or does it come up in guest mode?
This way we can tell if the same figure character is recognised as unique to the game.

Because your "private XP" with a figure is stored (or backed up) in the game data, Player 1's data is all that will be available to the game.
Only exception could be Xbox 360 which can sign in gamers per controller and can store individual data, although many games struggle with this with one problem or another, since the other formats can't do it, they may not have bothered with working on this aspect of Xbox 360 experience and just left it to Player 1's data.
Daring Air Operations Expert
Have Disney Infinity on: Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U

rank_100
AceSoloMcCloud
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:11 am

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help