Is There A Visual Guide For Terrain Textures?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Re: Is There A Visual Guide For Terrain Textures?

Postby pjhaan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:24 pm

I have never used the doors for the same reasons but I thought Mozenrath1 said it wouldn't handle all the trigger areas to put them all in the same box.

I can try to put them all in one box and see how it goes... This would exclude any terrains that were in 1.0 that didn't make it into 2.0 though...

Do you know what tracks / plant sets are supposed to go with the "Sports Fan" and "Toy Box" terrains?

I used the ESPN Road for Sports Fan which orphans the X-Games Road. There are a few other track designs I couldn't pin down so I might make a separate area for those tracks. For Sports fan trees, I used the "City Park" tree set and for the Toy Box I used the "Construction" tree set. I thought the City Park trees looked better with the Sports Fan Grass.

There are three tracks I don't have terrains for: X-Games, Basic and Slot car.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:50 am

Well, I tried to add one more Plant and the memory meter spiked and won't go down...no chance of adding 23 more sections.

It is going to have to be a hub and there will be no ride :(

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:19 pm

ATV Guide - 2.0 is up on Community Content.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:01 pm

I am working on the 3.0 version of this box. Any Wii U owners out there I need some help with missing power discs.

I have all of the 1.0 discs and a few 2.0 discs. If you have 2.0 discs and are able to help, please let me know.

I am using the path creator and the theme transformer this time. Talk to an appropriately themed townsperson and the terrain/ sky dome will change and the camera will take you on a tour of the terrain.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby -DC- » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:02 pm

First off, thank you pjhaan for the ATV guide. i downloaded and dissected what you did to try and create my own version here. One thing I noticed was after going through each world once I could not get the skies to change a second time when entering a new terrain area. I started to build a version that used the missing terrains from your version, but ended up maxing out the toy box memory. :?

Next attempt went better as I separated the versions and just built a 3.0 textures/sky dome box that so far is working well. I need to experiment some more with these creative toys to gain a better understanding of what they do. I like the idea of a hub with connected toy boxes and will play around with that here.

For those who are also building something like this what I found was that breaking it down into sections was easiest for me. I started out with the base islands and default textures in the first phase, added the terrain customization in the second phase and finished with the sky domes and trigger areas.

rank_50
-DC-
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby pjhaan » Sun May 01, 2016 12:55 am

If you make individual areas for each theme, it will definitely max out your meter before you are done.

My 3.0 version has one island using theme transformers. It works very well and keeps the meter low. I have about 30 of the themes done so far but am taking a break to from it to work on a different box.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby VMKInfiniteer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:00 pm

Can someone explain the ATV Guide 2.0. Like how am I to know what each one is?
I don't need a featured toybox, I build for myself.

rank_750
VMKInfiniteer

Postby pjhaan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:13 pm

I set it up so each time you enter an area, it will tell you the name of the texture and terrain (text creators).

When you get to the cars area, it starts with the stormy sky then talking to chick hicks will change it to the regular Radiator Springs sky.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby VMKInfiniteer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:47 pm

That's not all 2.0, right? I don't see Mulan's, Gravity Falls, Lion King
I don't need a featured toybox, I build for myself.

rank_750
VMKInfiniteer

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help