Need some help with a few trigger!

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Need some help with a few trigger!

Postby W1tchFight » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:15 am

Hey guys, I'm new to Disney Infinity and I really love that game but I'm struggling a bit. I want to build a own little wave based tower defence game in a Starwars / Marvel mixed style. I finished a small map and could figure out almost everything I want to use on my own. Shop, Inventory enemy spawns, path, victory conditions and so on. And here my 1st question:

I can't figure out how to set up the enemies that they destroy player build walls. The normal destroyable walls doesn't have a team assignment... I prefer to use the Asgard Barrier (Gameplay Toys) I can put that on the shop to sell for the player and they can buy and place it as expected. But if I block off the enemy path they just stop in front of the barrier and doing nothing. And if I use the path trigger system they will "slide" on the path and just pass every object. So I'm stacked with the enemy trail guide object.

2nd Point I need help with: Let's say I have a trap. (Spikes) I place that in the editor mode and change the settings with the magic wand to delay them for 2 seconds.
Can I somehow set up a permanent standard setting for those objects? Because it always end up to basic settings if a player placed it.
Is it also possible to change / upgrade that during gameplay? I don't want to activate the Magic Wand during the actual game. Otherwise the player could abuse it.

3rd it's possible to turn of the editor mode. In that case people can't change world objects. Problem is that they can't delete / sell the traps and tower they placed. Can I somehow limit the editor to stuff that was placed by player during the mission? If I turn off the editor completely player have to trigger the building menu. But even there they can't delete player build objects only. They could just destroy the map...

4th A way to focus the enemies even more on their path? The Enemy Trail Guide Object can change the focus and speed. But let's say I attack them on distance. They lose focus and standing around. They should go back on the path once there is no target left. (sometimes it works) but it's pretty rare.
(4th solved: Trigger area or Marching order - Enter - team = link to reapter = link to Enemy Summoner toy) And put the spawn locator inside the area. Works quite good.

5th is there a way to define a fix area where people can build stuff during the actually mission?

6th I also experienced another trigger problem. This time with the shop system. I start the game, open the shop, buy the items I want to and if I place them they cost me money as intended. But let's say I have the blueprint on my mouse during the editor mode and I put the blueprint away (clicking a empty spot) then it gives me 1 time the money I would have to pay for that item. That can easy be abused by just selecting it and deselect it all the time. Any ideas on this?

I hope someone can help me on this.

rank_0
W1tchFight
Disney ID:
Steam:

Re: Need some help with a few trigger!

Postby Kelevra1987 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:28 pm

So many Questions... :) I try to help you a bit. I did not try to build a towerdefense game, so you should try.

Can u set the walls to a team? You can set the enemywavegenerator to a team, so maybe it works also with the walls. Then the enemys should attack the walls!

I do not know the name in english, but there is a creativity toy, where you can allow players different options. I think its a gameplaymaker or something? With this it should be possible to let them use the magicward, but do not allow to change logicconnections or something like that.

Last hint: There is a bug, which randomly appears, if you share your toybox. If the bug appears, your toybox will loose its connections and set the toys to default mode. This happend to two of my boxes after 15 hours of working on it.

rank_50
Kelevra1987
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Need some help with a few trigger!

Postby W1tchFight » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:37 pm

Thank for your answer. There are some blocks you can assign teams to. Like the Barrier I want to use but they still won't attack it. Maybe because they got a marching order. I really miss a option to select that says "Attack everything on your way - no target = back to the way" :/

I used the Gameplaymaker Toy but still... If I want to allow player to sell (delete) their traps and towers they can also delete world objects and stuff. I saw a avideo of Disney Infinity 2.0 Tower Defence. So there must be a way to get this to work.

Thanks for the hint. As a software developer I have ALWAYS 2 savegames. Also if I share one I would do it and a 3rd one so I would not lose my 2 basic save games. Anyway... haven't shared something so far.

rank_0
W1tchFight
Disney ID:
Steam:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help